Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Extending round time
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:24 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42551787
mattlikespie10 wrote:
Spoiler: Show

In response to both Bourne and Wartheft, I have thought of a possible solution. So like lots of other guys here, I remember when there was no round limit, and as Bourne said, it was our job as admins to ensure the progression of the round. Well what if we flipped the coin on that one. What if (if this is even possible) we implement some sort of ability where admins can extend the round time for a round? Say perhaps it's been a real good fun round, things have going real good, half the team of terrorists are still alive and BOOM rounds up. Well maybe the admin could either (this would be up to higher staff how it would go down) just extend the round time, or take a vote on doing it, with majority winning (cause obviously dead players will vote no, and a majority instead of 100% or 75 or something would make this possible.) I believe this is a compromise between those that want to extend it and those that don't. In reality however, I don't forsee the round being extended much with this ability anyway as I would imagine there would be plenty of reasonable restrictions, but that wouldn't upset those that want it to stay the same and those that want it extended will get a inch more of their way. So everyone's happy! Thanks let me know what you think.

I see where you are coming from. But it's really difficult to implement something like that and it will have to be coded by Shen,Yiggles and Siberiac...
Like I said 6 min should be fine imo. I've spend time in jb the last couple of days and ct's would literally waste up to 2 min not giving orders... that's 1/3 of the time gone, spend on nothing. Also the ct's leave t's afk frozen for so long, sometimes. All this is time wasted that could have been spend to eliminate t's so someone can get an LR(with enough time to actually do it). Also maybe instead of using math trivia or a similar game to just kill one t, make it so more t's will die. ex. "math triva o kill 5 t's" and get them closer to cell stairs quicker. Don't have them staring at the back of their cells for 30 sec. Use stuff like this to thin out the number of t's which in turn will lead to more games played and time for lr.

With that being said, the Jailbreak server is mostly on razor and maps without games, then when they finally get on a map with games they don't play the games on the map. Ridiculous tbh.
Vivre la vie!

ACT OF VALOR
In valor there is hope

Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength
- Eric Hoffer

We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like.

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:39 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
Bourne wrote:
mattlikespie10 wrote:

In response to both Bourne and Wartheft, I have thought of a possible solution. So like lots of other guys here, I remember when there was no round limit, and as Bourne said, it was our job as admins to ensure the progression of the round. Well what if we flipped the coin on that one. What if (if this is even possible) we implement some sort of ability where admins can extend the round time for a round? Say perhaps it's been a real good fun round, things have going real good, half the team of terrorists are still alive and BOOM rounds up. Well maybe the admin could either (this would be up to higher staff how it would go down) just extend the round time, or take a vote on doing it, with majority winning (cause obviously dead players will vote no, and a majority instead of 100% or 75 or something would make this possible.) I believe this is a compromise between those that want to extend it and those that don't. In reality however, I don't forsee the round being extended much with this ability anyway as I would imagine there would be plenty of reasonable restrictions, but that wouldn't upset those that want it to stay the same and those that want it extended will get a inch more of their way. So everyone's happy! Thanks let me know what you think.

I see where you are coming from. But it's really difficult to implement something like that and it will have to be coded by Shen,Yiggles and Siberiac...
Like I said 6 min should be fine imo. I've spend time in jb the last couple of days and ct's would literally waste up to 2 min not giving orders... that's 1/3 of the time gone, spend on nothing. Also the ct's leave t's afk frozen for so long, sometimes. All this is time wasted that could have been spend to eliminate t's so someone can get an LR(with enough time to actually do it). Also maybe instead of using math trivia or a similar game to just kill one t, make it so more t's will die. ex. "math triva o kill 5 t's" and get them closer to cell stairs quicker. Don't have them staring at the back of their cells for 30 sec. Use stuff like this to thin out the number of t's which in turn will lead to more games played and time for lr.

With that being said, the Jailbreak server is mostly on razor and maps without games, then when they finally get on a map with games they don't play the games on the map. Ridiculous tbh.

Yeah thats great i strongly agree. I myself do my best to include all the games in a map, yes there is an odd amount of terrorists that rebel and people might use that excuse saying well i have to find the rebeller this and that but they can ask one or two to go instead of wasting gun power of incase more rebel, and to try to at least include every game. Most admins just sit there and look for simple rule breakers instead of actually advising or tell the warden about the games to have more fun than sitting on razor where there are like nothing appealing about that map and the fact that it is the most overplayed map in css.

Maybe admins can ask everyone or cast a vote on choosing a different map.

Literally bourne has answered all yoir questions haha
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:40 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
Slightly gone off topic but nevermind hahaha
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:19 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:73011796
I think the round time is perfect.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:00 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
There is a lot of good points here. I agree that the time limit is fine but I understand why it should Be extended. I think there's a clear majority that think it should remain the same, but everyone agrees the server is broke. I have no ideas but instead of arguing over the lost manner, what can we do to fix the problem that occurs each round? Like Greeza said maybe admins can have the authority to ensure rounds are actually fun. I understand it's our job To make sure the round progresses, but in most cases it DOES progress but through, like Bourne said, math trivia for ONE t to die at a time.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:21 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:11765093
Outlaw math trivia and it'll fix everything lol

"Who I am is not important, my message is." - Revan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:27 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:23228291
Bourne wrote:
mattlikespie10 wrote:

To be honest, during the production of the LR plugin, I was kicking around the idea that if the command for !lr was successfully passed (meaning it IS the last T alive) that the round would extend 90 seconds to ensure they get a last request.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:34 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42238843
no.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:28 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
It would be cool to be able to extend round for someone to do an LR, but I also think 6 minutes is fine. If you actually move the T's and not stand around talking then you usually have plenty of time. It's more on the warden to keep the round moving, killing delayers, making sure T's die on games (and at a good pace, don't do 1 T dies each math trivia if there are 20 ts, etc...). Just need to keep an eye on the clock.

I find you can kinda split up around to:
6:00 to 5:00, give orders to step out and freeze.
5:~4:15: guncheck and get em to move to bottom of cell stairs
4:15 - 4: kill the dumbass rebellers
4-3: move the T's to the game (or start playing).
3-1: most games should be done in 2 minutes realistily (don't do what I said above, and take forever).
1 - 0: LR

Obviously this doesnt happen all the time, but even on big maps like carceris I can get people to hot potatoe or volleyball and still have ~3 or 4 minutes, if you move quick and kill all rebellers (big if, but that's another story).
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:28 pm 
EgN Member
Dutchie wrote:
As a mostly rebbeling T (and failing at it) i like the round time.
As a CT i hate the round time cause all games have to fast and smooth.
Maybe another minute would be nice..

Lol, I agree. #100 Posts. - Suspect

New Topic Post Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2