>> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Higher-Up's Activity
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:50 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
roaxes96 wrote:
Phillip wrote:
I don't feel that being a supporter is a removal i see it as someone who will be rejoining in the future.

The return of Mootinie is confirmed!

#Blazin4leader2k16
<3 But that will never happen I'm afraid. :lol:

BUT SRSLY,

Promoting more Staff = more potential candidates for Advisor. With more choices, you will inevitably be promoting better Advisor's. If one of your Orange boys leaves now, you only have two potential candidates to step up. Unless of course, you promote Wartheft back to that old position. I think it's slim pickings.

There's also a lot to say about having an ambitious, proactive approach to managing the community. You could move rightful candidates to Staff, give them servers to manage and let them commit energy to growth instead of responsibility.

Social 
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:15 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:23228291
Mootinie wrote:
roaxes96 wrote:
Phillip wrote:
I don't feel that being a supporter is a removal i see it as someone who will be rejoining in the future.

The return of Mootinie is confirmed!

<3 But that will never happen I'm afraid. :lol:
#Blazin4leader2k16
BUT SRSLY,

Promoting more Staff = more potential candidates for Advisor. With more choices, you will inevitably be promoting better Advisor's. If one of your Orange boys leaves now, you only have two potential candidates to step up. Unless of course, you promote Wartheft back to that old position. I think it's slim pickings.

There's also a lot to say about having an ambitious, proactive approach to managing the community. You could move rightful candidates to Staff, give them servers to manage and let them commit energy to growth instead of responsibility.

While I agree with what you are saying, but i also believe that quantity doesn't always mean quality. When people are given servers to manage, or moderation on the forums, they all fall just like higher ups do. We've both been through this cycle so many times and know how it goes. We have always had periods of good, and periods of bad, we just need to try to cycle and find the right ones. I feel that we (meaning the staff who were considered decent) were all always ambitious prior to our promotions. I also feel that nobody has that drive now, and all of these posts are cool in thought, but we're not seeing the potential in anyone with actual potential.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:28 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
Hi.

So some of you probably don't know me but a lot of you do. I've taken a pretty prolonged LOA from EgN and Counter Strike for a while. I've come back to play/participate in community (great, right). I play JB mostly and minigames occasionally, I'm an admin on JB and been in EgN since Summer 2014, so like 2 years. I know I have't been around as long as a most of you, but I just like to throw the 2 years out there to show I've been here long enough to see a few of the ups and downs. In the 3 days I've "rejoined" (even though I never "left" - never removed my tags or resigned) I must say I've been pretty satisfied. I've put in maybe 5 hours a day in these 3 days, so probably around 15 hours. I've already seen and talked to almost all of the advisors and staff. I've made maybe 5 bans in this time, and each time, within no joke 5 minutes after I made the report, they were all extended, with a reply. Sinister even added me on steam to sort out a conflict with one of my bans. So I've seen some activity and thats a good positive. Again, I haven't been around these past few months and the forums can only update you so much, so I can't vouche for what has or hasn't happened. But my 2 cents is that it doesn't seem as entirely horrible as everyone is making it out to be. From my naive 3 day viewpoint.

On the Con side of what I've observed, there are very little admins and aside from the few times I've seen the advisors and staff come on, I don't think I have seen a single person higher than member come online for more than 5 minutes except for Phillip. So, thats probably not good idk.

Just thought I'd throw this stuff out there to stir the pot a little so not everyone is all against the higher ups. This community is still pretty cool in my opinion, and I'd like to stay a part of it and help when I can.

Thanks.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:38 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19466299
Matt your sample size of 3 days is not valid enough to be a considerable contribution.
Targets for EgN:

1. Join EgN [x]
2. Become Supreme Leader []

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:22 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
Ambitny wrote:
Matt your sample size of 3 days is not valid enough to be a considerable contribution.

mattlikespie10 wrote:
Again, I haven't been around these past few months and the forums can only update you so much, so I can't vouche for what has or hasn't happened.

Lol?

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:24 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Phillip wrote:
Ambitny wrote:
Phillip wrote:
Bourne is here all the time during US time but he does hide in his teamspeak channel. But always there on steam chat but can seem unresponsive when playing CSGO games. All of them are cause when they all group up and play CSGO they don't talk to no one, Cause of Competitive rules.

Yes but is hiding in your channel really a smart thing to do? Why make yourself inaccessible like that? It comes off as him not wanting us to bother him, and we can't even see that hes in his channel because of the way it was set up.

Phillip wrote:
I think everyone who left when doldol was running things shouldn't get their position back. Because you made the choice to leave and you made the choice to toss up all that hard work you did. <3

While they did make the choice to leave, they weren't really given great options either. They were demoted due to personal drama, not even because of their merit. We no longer have that source of drama, therefore there should be no problems when they return to their original ranks.

First of all EgN is full of drama there's always something going on. Most of it's behind closed doors cause you feel shitty when you report someone or get reported. SALT

Do you ever take the chance to just talk to bourne?

Do you think hes avoiding us or are we avoiding him?

I'm sure bourne wants to join in with us but he's probably trying to keep a higher up and member relationship low. Cause it would hurt if your bestfriend is yelling at you or having to be the one doing the yelling.

WHO KNOWS!

#Blazin4leader2k16

Phillip worded it nicely, and im in agreement with him

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:05 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7018832
Lex wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Just to be clear I agree some of the old higher ups were really good... but they didn't stay here through the hard times(meaning when a lot of people left etc.), me, Jimmah and Shen did.

True but you guys were all Veterans at the time & you guys weren't aware what was going on in the higher up world. We literally had no say in anything which resulted in us leaving
#Blazin4leader2k16

There was only One reason why people left around that time... You guys had nothing to do with anything that happened.. Either you/they didn't have their higher up positions, or just recently got it. Just look at SilverHybrid, who was staff like just a week or less.. (I don't remember if he got demoted or left) because he straight up spoke out about what we were all thinking and what the problem was.
(I wrote this before i saw the post Lex made)
#Blazin4leader2k16

666th post, I'm going to hell.

I'd like the promotion, the paycheck and parking spot. But I don’t really want to be in charge of anything.

#Wolfie4Staff2k17/2k18
<05:09:34> "Wolfie" was removed from server group "Supporter" by "Kharn".
<05:09:39> "Wolfie" was added to server group "Staff" by "Kharn".

k :/

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:13 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:43935735
I've said that we needed more EU higher ups, as Staff+ are never on for my time. (GMT/EU time)

The current Staff+ seem to be doing a good job, Sinister could be a little more involved on the forums, but i don't have any major dramas.

If anything was going to happen to the current higher ups, then i'd say a European (or close to) staff member or two.

That's all :D

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”

- Albert Einstein

Targets for EgN:
1. Join EgN [x] [Acheived 19/12/15 {Recruit stage}]
2. Become a Member [x] [Acheived 26/12/15]
2.5 Become an Admin [x] [Achevied 24/1/16]
3. Become an Elite [x] [Acheived 27/2/16]
4. Become a Veteran [x] [Acheived 18/12/16]
5. Become a Staff [ ]
6. Become an Advisor [ ]

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:15 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
I nominate Mr. Habibi as our European representative.

#MakeEgNGoatsAgain
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:17 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:43935735
CharlieKelly wrote:
I nominate Mr. Habibi as our European representative.

#MakeEgNGoatsAgain

Fuck that. If habibi gets Staff, i might consider death. Just no. Please, no. Staff+ i fucking beg, don't make Habibi Staff+.

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”

- Albert Einstein

Targets for EgN:
1. Join EgN [x] [Acheived 19/12/15 {Recruit stage}]
2. Become a Member [x] [Acheived 26/12/15]
2.5 Become an Admin [x] [Achevied 24/1/16]
3. Become an Elite [x] [Acheived 27/2/16]
4. Become a Veteran [x] [Acheived 18/12/16]
5. Become a Staff [ ]
6. Become an Advisor [ ]

New Topic Post Reply  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9