>> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:13 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Terminator wrote:
yoohoo wrote:
Groups will always be a thing, that in of itself is not the reason for the decline of EgN. If anything, you can argue that groups/cliques/etc are what keeps consistently in both the servers, ts3, monthly meetings etc since they allow for people to have a place to socialize.

If groups were what are killing EgN then it would have been dead a while ago. Instead, I'd focus my attention to crucial variables and not independent ones that have not been proven to cause harm/good in the community in the long run. Just identify the obvious leak first and get it done. Don't think zebras when you should be thinking horses.

I also don't think it's wise to demonize groups that flock from other communities for merely congregating, that type of sentiment could be one of the reasons a group has decided to leave in the first place and try to build something that they feel is much more fair and enjoyable to them.

I will say this though: "People leave all the time" is one of the most careless things I have ever heard. No company CEO would say that, they would investigate why someone feels the need to leave and reassess whether their policies need to be changed or not. Be fair.

Hope you guys pull through.

Groups are def a problem tho. It's 1 big bunch of people hating the other people or not liking them.
If u would get in a disagreement with 1 person u would more then likely have problems with others of the group aswell later on. It's a breeding ground for conflicts, which make it less fun to be around.

I mean thats just basic human behaviour, we can try to encourage people to talk with everyone (which we do) but its not like we can force ppl to be friends and kiss. Even if we took away channels in TS (which bring us donations) then they can just use their own discord and skype instead.

Though if you have a suggestion that you want to see done im all ears

Social 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:45 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:48892477
I like to try to stay neutral when it comes to groups but to honest, even I mostly just hang out with a small group as well, mostly consisting of the TTT gang who are more often then not older EgN members who been around since i've joined such as Kharn, Wolfie, Jdawg, Milk exc.

That's not to say I hate any other group that I don't tend to socialize with though, mostly just that I feel more comfortable with people i've known and hung out with for more then 3 years. However being human I definitely have my own opinions of a lot of people, but I feel its better to stay silent rather then vocal when it comes to that and not spread unnecessary drama.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:56 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:4949658
it all went to shit when people put passwords on channels to keep other ppl out of they group and they made it so you couldn’t see the ppl in that channel. so funny b/c you can look on fourns and see 27 ppl on team speak but look on teamspeak and only count like 8
Needy/Wanty is the best person alive tbh

Life goals:
[ ] get a dog
[ ] get a house
[ ] marry Needy/Wanty
[ ] live with Needy/Wanty, with dog, in house.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:19 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
You can't stop disagreements nor divisions but I would simply adopt an attitude that EgN is one fully integrated community and as such there are no private channels. For a long time now, I feel this community has been several parts trying to make up a whole and I believe that the Staff+ are spending too much time putting out fires instead of being given the opportunity to progressively push EgN forward. You know, if you aren't pushing in the same direction together you're only going to continue getting stuck.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:21 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Smiles wrote:
it all went to shit when people put passwords on channels to keep other ppl out of they group and they made it so you couldn’t see the ppl in that channel. so funny b/c you can look on fourns and see 27 ppl on team speak but look on teamspeak and only count like 8

People have always been that way. They lock channels most of the time because there are some people who do annoy purposely or troll like Cooper said. I see the reasoning behind that tbh. I haven’t seen a group that actually only locks their channel to keep to themselves for awhile. Tbh the last group was northside shorty and young lean which was awhile ago thinking back now.

Oh also only staff+ have the power to adjust channels to make it where you can’t see other players. They only do that with their channels though.

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:13 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Link wrote:
Smiles wrote:

People have always been that way. They lock channels most of the time because there are some people who do annoy purposely or troll like Cooper said. I see the reasoning behind that tbh. I haven’t seen a group that actually only locks their channel to keep to themselves for awhile. Tbh the last group was northside shorty and young lean which was awhile ago thinking back now.

Oh also only staff+ have the power to adjust channels to make it where you can’t see other players. They only do that with their channels though.

+1 - but honestly the only channels that you cannot see into are Staff+ private channels. I'm sure you can actually see people in locked channels despite being locked, only unable to join without the password of that locked channel. Oh, also that you cannot see into NaCl's channel as he donated for that feature. I surely think it should stick to only Staff+ private channels you cannot see into but at the moment, I'm sure the only channels you cannot see into is NaCls and any of the Staff+ private channels.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:36 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Terminator wrote:
yoohoo wrote:
Groups will always be a thing, that in of itself is not the reason for the decline of EgN. If anything, you can argue that groups/cliques/etc are what keeps consistently in both the servers, ts3, monthly meetings etc since they allow for people to have a place to socialize.

If groups were what are killing EgN then it would have been dead a while ago. Instead, I'd focus my attention to crucial variables and not independent ones that have not been proven to cause harm/good in the community in the long run. Just identify the obvious leak first and get it done. Don't think zebras when you should be thinking horses.

I also don't think it's wise to demonize groups that flock from other communities for merely congregating, that type of sentiment could be one of the reasons a group has decided to leave in the first place and try to build something that they feel is much more fair and enjoyable to them.

I will say this though: "People leave all the time" is one of the most careless things I have ever heard. No company CEO would say that, they would investigate why someone feels the need to leave and reassess whether their policies need to be changed or not. Be fair.

Groups are def a problem tho. It's 1 big bunch of people hating the other people or not liking them.
If u would get in a disagreement with 1 person u would more then likely have problems with others of the group aswell later on. It's a breeding ground for conflicts, which make it less fun to be around.

I mean thats just basic human behaviour, we can try to encourage people to talk with everyone (which we do) but its not like we can force ppl to be friends and kiss. Even if we took away channels in TS (which bring us donations) then they can just use their own discord and skype instead.

Didn't mean it as take channels away but more along the lines of try an event in which u have teams and a mutual goal.

For example: scrim match, putt it up and make teams yourselves. Count in skill differences and try and putt people together that ussualy aren't together.
Those karaoke things worked aswell I think? Never been there.

But just team events that forces people to cooperate. And then u give a small price or something idk. Something that makes people want to join
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:06 pm 
Co Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80046838
Terminator wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Terminator wrote:
yoohoo wrote:

Didn't mean it as take channels away but more along the lines of try an event in which u have teams and a mutual goal.

For example: scrim match, putt it up and make teams yourselves. Count in skill differences and try and putt people together that ussualy aren't together.
Those karaoke things worked aswell I think? Never been there.

But just team events that forces people to cooperate. And then u give a small price or something idk. Something that makes people want to join

I mean that's not a problem? We've been planning to get back to those anyways.
2018 Goals for EgN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:24 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Spoiler: Show

Not saying events are a problem. I'm saying the group's were/are a problem, in my opinion
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:50 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:420585158
I am just going to post my thoughts. I have never played in this community to be friends with everyone or agree with everything. I am still surprised why I even got Veteran rank because before the clan drama started, I never went to monthly meetings and I hardly ever went to admin meetings. I really don't care for the teamspeak or the discord. I merely care about the gaming community and the servers being up and populated. I know that BriBree and others were doing their duties and helping the servers, but I also agree that there are many cliques and I don't think that is a good idea entirely, but I can surely understand why some people want privacy. However, I have played in the server a lot last year and really enjoyed it, even with all the issues I have had (didn't know the full context of a lot of rules and some of the rules terminator said were being enforced too much kind of ruined the server: Example: we would do parkours from the ladder to the pool box secret on the back of the cage on electric razor map and one of the higher ups said not to do it anymore since it's a secret).

Now that Sly is a staff member and reminding me of meetings, I am able to make them and remember about them and take it more seriously since the clan is in a slump. I apologize for not doing everything within my power to make the server better.

This is the only issue I have right now. People in GP were obviously told by prodigy and purposefully stole a large amount of our players. I know the !lr function is not working right entirely, but it's a huge step up. I feel like Prodigy should be banned from our servers and I know we shouldn't be talking about this on these forums as per the rules, but he really didn't care. I had problems with him before and he talks a whole bunch of shit. I remember Link sticking up for him when he was being disrespctful to me and to staff members. I really feel like he should be banned from our servers. I have had to deal with people in our server trolling or talking shit and going to the gp server. I know Yio fucked up but I feel like a lot of people feel like doing what he did (mfk in their server)

I know competition is a good thing, but blatantly stealing members from other communities SHOULD BE LOOKED DOWN UPON AND NOT FORGIVEN. This is all I feel like sharing right now.

P.S. Please fix the !lr button. Thank you.

New Topic Locked  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19
 >> Next