1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: CBD Oil
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:34 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
Kharn wrote:
I have taken CDB Capsules which were filled with the oil, they aren't cheaper than THC capsules but the effects are quite different. My experience with the effect was quite lacking, it honestly didn't lessen any pains or aches in my body, and obviously didn't have a high to show it was working.

I took them on a nearly empty stomach, allowed 3-4 hours to be sure they were working and tried washing dishes. I was pretty disappointed, though maybe I didn't take enough, I took 40mg, or 4 capsules.

You should check out Kratom, man. Some headshops sell it, but it's usually "cut" and not very pure. If it has flashy packaging, don't buy it. Try to get kratom extract from a specialty store. If you take pain medication, it will amplify the pain-cutting effects, or if you take it by itself, it will help with pain too. You can make a nice herbal tea out of it.

Kratom covers the dopamine receptors in your brain.

Quote:
Also, most people who have used both herbs (CBD and Kratom) will say that kratom is more effective than CBD at relieving acute nociceptive pain, which traditionally would be treated with narcotic painkillers. If an individual suffered a severe car accident, for instance, or a broken bone, it’s likely that the subsequent pain would be more effectively treated with doses of kratom than it would with cannabis.
Source: https://www.marijuanabreak.com/cbd-vs-k ... ain-relief

Quote:
. I used Bali kratom and took 5g of it. It was by far the greatest aid in relieving my pain. I haven't taken a single painkiller since I found kratom. I don't use it everyday because I understand it is a plant/drug with little research done. I just wanted to share that it has restored my overall quality of life. I have no pain, I hike more often, plain and simply my quality of life has drastically improved so much. I am meeting with my doctor later in the month about a surgery for my back and will communicate with him about utilizing kratom for pain.
Source: https://www.spine-health.com/forum/disc ... -back-pain
Snapchat: Rozavelt

Social 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:20 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29867757
Uchies wrote:
You should check out Kratom, man. Some headshops sell it, but it's usually "cut" and not very pure. If it has flashy packaging, don't buy it. Try to get kratom extract from a specialty store. If you take pain medication, it will amplify the pain-cutting effects, or if you take it by itself, it will help with pain too. You can make a nice herbal tea out of it.

Kratom is an opioid, more potent than morphine. Most information on the effects is anecdotal, there's very little science behind it.

CBD on the other hand has decades of research backing its therapeutic properties. Whatever works for you, but just be aware that CBD and the dozens of Mitra- compounds found in Kratom are very different drugs.
"all tees all tees" -everyone

SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL. NAVCOM LOCKED. ANIME SPOTTED. GOLIATH ONLINE.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:01 am 
EgN Member
Birthstone wrote:
Uchies wrote:

Kratom is an opioid, more potent than morphine. Most information on the effects is anecdotal, there's very little science behind it.

CBD on the other hand has decades of research backing its therapeutic properties. Whatever works for you, but just be aware that CBD and the dozens of Mitra- compounds found in Kratom are very different drugs.

Wrong. Kratom is not an opiode, it just has opiode like effects. Also, it’s been used as a pain supressentfor thousands of years.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:32 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Uchies wrote:

Wrong. Kratom is not an opiode, it just has opiode like effects.

Wrong. Kratom is not an opiate, meaning it is not derived from opium. But it is an opioid, meaning it agonizes opioid receptors, specifically the psychoactive compounds found in kratom agonize the μ-opoid receptors.

Uchies wrote:
Also, it’s been used as a pain supressentfor thousands of years.

Okay, and for thousands of years many people thought drilling holes in your skull cured mental illness because it let the demons out. Also, people used coca leaves for thousands of years but coca leaves and cocaine are very different things to use on a regular basis. I'm just going by what the scientific literature shows, and for kratom it's a very experimental drug that could have unintended or negative effects.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:16 am 
Co Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80046838
Yea man i smoke that holy lettuce : Broccoli, greens, salads.
2018 Goals for EgN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:44 am 
EgN Member
Birthstone wrote:
Uchies wrote:

Wrong. Kratom is not an opiode, it just has opiode like effects.

Wrong. Kratom is not an opiate, meaning it is not derived from opium. But it is an opioid, meaning it agonizes opioid receptors, specifically the psychoactive compounds found in kratom agonize the μ-opoid receptors.

Uchies wrote:
Also, it’s been used as a pain supressentfor thousands of years.

Okay, and for thousands of years many people thought drilling holes in your skull cured mental illness because it let the demons out. Also, people used coca leaves for thousands of years but coca leaves and cocaine are very different things to use on a regular basis. I'm just going by what the scientific literature shows, and for kratom it's a very experimental drug that could have unintended or negative effects.

That’s disputable. I’ve actually studied this alot. Just because the federal government says it’s dangerous, doesn’t mean its true. Other herbologists and compound scientists will tell you it doesnt meet the criteria for being classified as an opiod, not in the way that other chemicals are. For one, it’s naturally occuring. It works on the receptors different than any other opiod. By this criteria, anything that affects your receptors woupd have to be considered an opiod as well. Opiods are also classified by the psychoactive effects that they have, and in certain doses, kratom acts as a stimulant.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:35 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Uchies wrote:
That’s disputable.

Not really? The literal definition of an opioid is a chemical that agonizes opioid receptors.

Uchies wrote:
Just because the federal government says it’s dangerous, doesn’t mean its true.

True, but there have been numerous deaths associated with kratom, and there is very little evidence showing it can treat opioid disorders. That's why they're saying it should be a scheduled substance.

Uchies wrote:
Other herbologists and compound scientists will tell you it doesnt meet the criteria for being classified as an opiod, not in the way that other chemicals are.

Like who?

Uchies wrote:
For one, it’s naturally occuring.

So are heroin and cocaine.

Uchies wrote:
It works on the receptors different than any other opiod. By this criteria, anything that affects your receptors woupd have to be considered an opiod as well. Opiods are also classified by the psychoactive effects that they have, and in certain doses, kratom acts as a stimulant.[
[/quote]

Yes, that's the definition of opioids as described above. Kratom's stimulant properties are considered a paradoxical effect, and also not well understood.

I'm all for new forms of medicine, but they need to be tested as being safe first. As of now, the jury is still out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:13 pm 
EgN Member
You can’t say that there’s no hard evidence on the books about kratom, but then also say that there’s hard evidence that kratom is an opiode. My time on this world has led me to many bioengineers and chemists. Also, diacetylmorphine (heroin) is not a naturally occuring compound, rather, is synthesized from organic compounds. (the morphine in poppies)

By this loose classification, we can say marijuana is a hallucinogen or a stimulant... But you would argue that marijuana is in a class of its’ own, just as I would arfue kratom is.

Furthermore, the links between toxicity and kratom are just as anecdotal as the claims of benificience.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:42 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Uchies wrote:
You can’t say that there’s no hard evidence on the books about kratom but then also say that there’s hard evidence that kratom is an opiode.

Yes I can. The same way I can say there's hard evidence of what gravity does, but there's not hard evidence on why it does what it does.

Uchies wrote:
My time on this world has led me to many bioengineers and chemists.

Ok, so name one that says that Kratom isn't an opioid. One.

Uchies wrote:
Also, diacetylmorphine (heroin) is not a naturally occuring compound, rather, is synthesized from organic compounds. (the morphine in poppies)

Okay? I never said that it isn't.

Uchies wrote:
By this loose classification, we can say marijuana is a hallucinogen or a stimulant... But you would argue that marijuana is in a class of its’ own, just as I would arfue kratom is.

Marijuana is a mixture of chemicals, like kratom. However, unlike Kratom we have a much greater understanding of the effects of the chemicals found in marijuana. So we can with confidence say that, for example, THC causes euphoria, increased appetite, paranoia, hallucinations, etc. and is therefore a stimulant / hallucinogen, and CBD causes relaxation, drowsiness, reduced swelling, etc. and is therefore a depressant.

Quote:
Furthermore, the links between toxicity and kratom are just as anecdotal as the claims of benificience.

I agree. That's why we need to study kratom more instead of just putting it in our bodies and hoping for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:02 pm 
EgN Member
Birthstone wrote:
Uchies wrote:
Also, diacetylmorphine (heroin) is not a naturally occuring compound, rather, is synthesized from organic compounds. (the morphine in poppies)

Okay? I never said that it isn't.

Birthstone wrote:
Uchies wrote:
For one, it’s naturally occuring.

So are heroin and cocaine.

Also, kratom is also definitely not "13x more powerful than morphine"...

Kratom has a plateau effect, in which after a certain amount is ingested, the effects do not increasingly become more powerful. It just so happens that the plateau is incredibly low, and it tops off after mild analgesic and skeletal relaxing effects. You can't just take a bunch of kratom and get high. The only opiate that also acts this way is buprenorphine, but unlike kratom, you can get strong "high" effects from it.

I'm just saying don't throw kratom out the window just yet, it worked for me, and works for other people... I swear, sometimes marijuana blinds people in their beliefs. Just because marijuana is good, doesn't mean that other things can't be good too.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next