Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:02 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:36657842
The UK has fallen. Now literally arresting people for wrong opinions.

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/03/ident ... e-britain/

http://thegatewaypundit.com/2018/03/mar ... tained-uk/
ImageImageImageImageImage

Social 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:28 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6233124
This is what happen's when you throw liberty and right's away for "Safe spaces" and "Respect my feelings!".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:05 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Kharn wrote:
This is what happen's when you throw liberty and right's away for "Safe spaces" and "Respect my feelings!".

and you have no idea how many ppl are banned these days for using "disrespectful" words in your server. like ya boi JP said, go clean your room first Mr. Kharn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:58 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
Tommy Robinson gets arrested all the time for voicing his opinion. The UK under the EU doesn’t have freedom of speech, that’s old news.
Snapchat: Rozavelt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:23 am 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25371231
The UK has lost freedom of speech

if peoples opinions are wrong / not in the views of others you are not allowed to say it in public - if you do this could possibly be knows as [Hate Speech]

hate enough and you can be arrested and charged [which will result you not even being allowed in the USA for a minimum period of 5 years]

The world is fucked up my people

as for the gun trauma thats happening in the USA - although i dont fully agree with having guns

ITS YOUR RIGHT !

banning bump stocks ect - i can agree with

but do not ban GUNS - do that in the USA and only time will tell when they turn on you guys over there like they have here and turn [Freedom Of Speech - Into So Called Hate Speech]

In the UK today opinions and views can now get you arrested / charged / cause you to lose your job

Is This Madness Or Justified ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:07 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6233124
Lunk wrote:
Kharn wrote:

and you have no idea how many ppl are banned these days for using "disrespectful" words in your server. like ya boi JP said, go clean your room first Mr. Kharn

Voicing your "Disrespect" mid-server while the rounds going? No thanks, it's spam and EgN keeps the forums alive for just such need's, how many times at the meetings do I stress that people can bring questions/comments/suggestions to the forums?

And if it doesn't fall into Questions or Comments and suggestions then they can post it in the general discussions section like this thread has been, and just as you are getting a response I would respond or one of the more active Staff+ might respond.

And what is "Disrespect"? Could it have anything at all to do with improving a situation/server/community?

I get someone creating a thread about a certain rule/comment/judgement call and asking for clarification or simply offering an opinion, but someone just trying to stir up shit or cause a disruption of an otherwise normal round on Jailbreak? How about you find a "Protest a Ban" thread where the person was banned for "Disrespect" but also had no prior issues or hadn't done other things beforehand to get the ban?

My house(EgN), for all its flaws and problems, is still a house that people still find workable, not perfect or exactly right, but it works and that's good enough for most everyone. If you have questions/comments/suggestions we have sections for those, and I almost always read every thread posted daily/weekly and try to respond unless another Staff+ has already.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:28 am 
Community Member
Legend
Kharn wrote:
Lunk wrote:
Kharn wrote:

Voicing your "Disrespect" mid-server while the rounds going? No thanks, it's spam and EgN keeps the forums alive for just such need's, how many times at the meetings do I stress that people can bring questions/comments/suggestions to the forums?

And if it doesn't fall into Questions or Comments and suggestions then they can post it in the general discussions section like this thread has been, and just as you are getting a response I would respond or one of the more active Staff+ might respond.

And what is "Disrespect"? Could it have anything at all to do with improving a situation/server/community?

I get someone creating a thread about a certain rule/comment/judgement call and asking for clarification or simply offering an opinion, but someone just trying to stir up shit or cause a disruption of an otherwise normal round on Jailbreak? How about you find a "Protest a Ban" thread where the person was banned for "Disrespect" but also had no prior issues or hadn't done other things beforehand to get the ban?

My house(EgN), for all its flaws and problems, is still a house that people still find workable, not perfect or exactly right, but it works and that's good enough for most everyone. If you have questions/comments/suggestions we have sections for those, and I almost always read every thread posted daily/weekly and try to respond unless another Staff+ has already.

oh shit man bring a gun to a knife fight eh, its just a little thing i thought i'd bring up no need to be so stresses about man. was just saying people cant use the words "fuck" or "cunt" without someone breathing down their neck. if you think i was wrong to post it here in a free speech related thread my bad, i'll make a formal post if u want just tought i'd write a little something here and u might look into it or ask around about it.

love thy neighbor and let thy neighbor love you back, nothing but love over here k man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:45 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:117015658
I would heavily suggest reading further into this issue before voicing strong opinions. Upon further research, taking me literally 5-10 minutes, I found that the reasons for the detainment of these two individuals was due to denial of entry into the country. Thus, they are detained and refused entry into England until they can/will be sent back to the locations from which they departed.

The reasons for their denial of entry, if people are interested, is due to suspicion of travelling to the country to push extremist views and potentially incite hatred (which could turn violent). In large parts of Europe, there are laws to hinder harmful or violent racial/cultural discrimination. Frankly my sources are in Norwegian so they will be pointless to link you, but I can post the meaningful quotes they gathered (in English) from their British sources.

"On Friday night, Martin Sellner, the Co-Leader of Generation Identity Austria, was refused entry to the UK at Luton Airport. After landing at approximately 13:00, he was detained by Border Police and separated from US Vlogger, Brittany Pettibone. He was subsequently informed that he was being denied entry to the UK and that he would be detained until Sunday evening when he would be allowed to return home."

So in other words, they are not being "jailed" or "imprisoned" for their wish to speak about an issue, but are rather being denied entry into the country for this specific purpose only. From what I could also quickly gather, Martin Sellner specifically is strongly anti-islam, having been involved in neo-nazism in his earlier life, as well as now being a prominent figure in nationalist, so-called "anti-sharia" groups. And while I don't disagree with criticism of religions or cultures, inciting hatred for them is something entirely different.

Whether or not their speeches legitimately would incite hatred and/or violence however is something I am uncertain of, as none of the websites I have found would give any valuable level of context as to the specifics of these supposedly harmful speeches. Please keep in mind, the 2 articles linked by Synthic above are both far-right and thus prone to heavy bias. Both articles fail to mention the fact the primary action here was denial of entry, making this issue out to be far worse than it really is. And to be as transparent as I can, the Norwegian sources I used were in fact also right-leaning, but simply provided more valuable information.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:23 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
and what is the problem?
UK did this to themselves when they said they wanted to leave the EU xD

just kidding.... or am I?
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:35 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Neezon wrote:
I would heavily suggest reading further into this issue before voicing strong opinions. Upon further research, taking me literally 5-10 minutes, I found that the reasons for the detainment of these two individuals was due to denial of entry into the country. Thus, they are detained and refused entry into England until they can/will be sent back to the locations from which they departed.

The reasons for their denial of entry, if people are interested, is due to suspicion of travelling to the country to push extremist views and potentially incite hatred (which could turn violent). In large parts of Europe, there are laws to hinder harmful or violent racial/cultural discrimination. Frankly my sources are in Norwegian so they will be pointless to link you, but I can post the meaningful quotes they gathered (in English) from their British sources.

"On Friday night, Martin Sellner, the Co-Leader of Generation Identity Austria, was refused entry to the UK at Luton Airport. After landing at approximately 13:00, he was detained by Border Police and separated from US Vlogger, Brittany Pettibone. He was subsequently informed that he was being denied entry to the UK and that he would be detained until Sunday evening when he would be allowed to return home."

So in other words, they are not being "jailed" or "imprisoned" for their wish to speak about an issue, but are rather being denied entry into the country for this specific purpose only. From what I could also quickly gather, Martin Sellner specifically is strongly anti-islam, having been involved in neo-nazism in his earlier life, as well as now being a prominent figure in nationalist, so-called "anti-sharia" groups. And while I don't disagree with criticism of religions or cultures, inciting hatred for them is something entirely different.

Whether or not their speeches legitimately would incite hatred and/or violence however is something I am uncertain of, as none of the websites I have found would give any valuable level of context as to the specifics of these supposedly harmful speeches. Please keep in mind, the 2 articles linked by Synthic above are both far-right and thus prone to heavy bias. Both articles fail to mention the fact the primary action here was denial of entry, making this issue out to be far worse than it really is. And to be as transparent as I can, the Norwegian sources I used were in fact also right-leaning, but simply provided more valuable information.

i dont think your giving the other guys in this post enough credit. syntic knows they were detained because they were refused entry, (although there are many ppl in the uk (citizens) that have been arrested for "hate speech") thats not what they have a problem with. the problem is the government deciding what political "extremists" and how it does not seem to be objective or non-biased. There has been no quotes of threats or reason to believe they would actually incite violence just being members of different political groups. i was actually looking for something that could be considered a threat but could'it find any so if u have any quotes or something please link them my way. The far left seems to be calling everything right of them (even the center left) nazi's especially if they are not fond of mass immigration or Islam as a political force.

syntic, kharn and those guys feel free speech plays an important role in a healthy country and im definitely with them on that one. giving the government the power to say which ideas/groups/words are okay is super dangerous because any group with opposing views to the current government can be unfairly persecuted or called an extremist whether or not they have actually done anything bad. i think letting the idea of free speech die is how you force people into choosing to joining extremist groups like communists, fascists, or other radical groups so they feel they will have someone who actually cares about the group they belong to in charge.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8
 >> Next