New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:47 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22218476
Reboobalar wrote:
...especially because your first two year will mostly be general classes (English,speech, basic math..ect)..

Exactly why you should get that out of the way cheaply with community college, then transfer once you've matured your goals.

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:27 am 
EgN Member
I'm in college right now and let me give a piece of advice. Chose a major that you can utilize your whole life. If you can't imagine retiring or spending a few decades in the same career as your major you might to reconsider. What helps alot is interning and shadowing so you can gain some real world experiences and judge for yourself if that's the career you want to spend your whole life dedicated to.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:19 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:16728863
Do what you want to do in life mate, it seems that you have your heart set on becoming a police officer, and with the degree in criminology, sure it's 6 years, but 6 years chasing your passion, vs a few years in something that you don't seem to excited about becoming (architect) then i'm sure you've just answered your own question.

Now for me, I did 4 years degree for IT, however it was in the military, so i was studying and soldiering all at the same time, and they paid for the degree. It was one of the best decisions that I made, cause now i'm in a cruisey job and live comfortably, so the time and effort pays off in the long run.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:56 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22218476
Dyno wrote:
Now for me, I did 4 years degree for IT, however it was in the military, so i was studying and soldiering all at the same time, and they paid for the degree. It was one of the best decisions that I made, cause now i'm in a cruisey job and live comfortably, so the time and effort pays off in the long run.

Yeah I wish I had either enlisted out of highschool or finshed undergrad at community college then entered military. Would have been a lot smarter than what I did do.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:53 pm 
Co Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80046838
DreamLove wrote:
Quit school and never do anything other than rebelling in jails.

Give this guy a medal and a home.
2018 Goals for EgN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:52 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Go back to what DazzlingDazzaD94 said; I know him in real life, he's actually in the same course and is one of my great friends. We are both in college though in the UK you don't pay for college (unless you're 19 or over (must be 19 before you start the course to start paying for the courses)). My heart has and anyways will lie in IT because I'm good at it, and I like it. You have your heart set on criminology, then go for it, there's no risk in spending 6 years of your life educating yourself to become a police officer. It's best that you spend the 6 years and you'll be more or less guaranteed the job after it, trust me, it'll all work out for you!

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2