>> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Sk8tors Only
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:10 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:36657842
TheronRain wrote:
Synthic wrote:
I like skating boards. My favorite tricks are the chipperton slam, and the wimbleton crash. right now im working on paul cheenis's famous trick, named "paul beenis"

Dude, you should try the Conk Bussy, it's super duper hard. If not that, try a hospital flip...

haha yeah thats sick dude. you ever hear of my favorite skater? his name is stefam molyneux haha hes awesome. his signature trick is called "cleanhouse bergslam"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Social 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:35 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42762240
He's alright, but J.C. Denton is probably the best skater out there. He can do 360 FS Illuminati Grips (One of the hardest things to do while skating). PLUS, he always wears a trench coat which is totally gnarly bro.
Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:41 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
A good tutorial for anyone trying to do kickflips

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:24 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:36657842
TheronRain wrote:
He's alright, but J.C. Denton is probably the best skater out there. He can do 360 FS Illuminati Grips (One of the hardest things to do while skating). PLUS, he always wears a trench coat which is totally gnarly bro.

oh yeah i almost forgot to mention bertha lovejoy shes a good skater. her best trick is the "matriarchy mash"
ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:56 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Synthic wrote:
TheronRain wrote:

oh yeah i almost forgot to mention bertha lovejoy shes a good skater. her best trick is the "matriarchy mash"

True. But she can't even ollie, so that makes her a big phat poser.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:00 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Another excellent tutorial on how to Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:24 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61594940
Jimmah wrote:
My little brother is a pro skater -- for real

Sure Jimmy

And my dad is coming back in my life

Tricks I know and can do are basic af

Kickflip
Ollie
Front manual for about 15 minutes
Back manual same length
Pop shove it
Broad throw
Handstand when I was 14
https://www.redditgifts.com/?inv=CMv5 Join reddit gifts and get free items but you do have to send back gifts or you'll get penalized
After reading every EgN Post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:05 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:230517
he is lol!
he is sponsord by GMTA, Circa and some other local companies

But yeah. I realize that there is no way i can prove it without naming him (and therefore me).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:12 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61594940
Jimmah wrote:
he is lol!
he is sponsord by GMTA, Circa and some other local companies

But yeah. I realize that there is no way i can prove it without naming him (and therefore me).

Exposed!

Jimmay let me find out you got a brother
https://www.redditgifts.com/?inv=CMv5 Join reddit gifts and get free items but you do have to send back gifts or you'll get penalized
After reading every EgN Post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:48 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
I have talked to one of my friends on here who has recently started skating again (thanks to this thread), hence, I'd like to share what got me into skating (again) in hopes of bringing more people to the exotic world of skating.

It all started with me talking to my friend about Skate 3 and how I only played it once, and he told me to just buy it since it was on sale. So, of course I bought the fucking game, it was $10 for a masterpiece. If you turned that deal down, you might need some serious mental help. I digress, I bought the game and played with my pal for weeks on end and whenever I played the game, there was this amazing song that would come on damn near every time I played the game (Disorder - Joy Division). The song always made me think of skating and how awesome it could be at times, and I thought to myself, "Devon, we need to skate to this...". The next day, I grabbed my board that I got for my 10th birthday, and I had my mom drop me off across town, and I had to find my way back, while at the same time learning how to properly push on my board. Now, I know that you're thinking that I'm weird as fuck (which I am) but if you listen to that song while playing Skate 3, you will feel the same way I did back in June.

Within the next couple of weeks I would push my way to and from school and throughout the rest of my lovely city, and after walking to and from familiar places only to skate there the next day, I gained a new perspective on how the small town was built and how certain objects could be used for my advantage. It was also within this time where I had received my 2nd board which is not only, beautiful but reliable. When I received my new board, I knew that it was time to start practicing my Ollies. Now, I must say, Ollies are one of the hardest tricks you need to learn in order to do anything besides Manuals. My first couple attempts at Ollies were... embarrassing to say the least, but I tried every day. I practiced stationary within my garage so when I fell on my ass, no one would laugh at me. I eventually got the premise of the Ollie without moving, and decided to go downtown next day to find the only thing that would help me in my skating career... ACTUAL skaters.

When I got to downtown, it seemed like the entire place was dead and no one was in site. I skated and skated but saw no one. That's when I saw a figure in the distance, flicking his board on the corner of a street. I pushed my way over to him and asked if he could help me learn some new tricks and show me some sweet spots. He agreed and tried to teach me how to heelflip (which was the trick he was practicing himself). I could get my board to rotate in mid air, but I could not get my body to follow it. After a couple attempts at a heelflip, he decided to show me some spots, and how a library had a water fountain. We skated all over the town and ended at some church school, where I would practice how to ollie up a curb. Of course I never got it down during that time because of commitment issues, but trying made all the difference. I felt like it was time to go home, so I told him thanks and headed home. From that moment and to this day, I skate, and look for new people to have an awesome skate sesh so I can get my excercise and have some fun. I practice my tricks and can't wait to get to the point where I can do amazing things like nightmare or dolphin flips. And that my friends... is what got me into skating.

Everytime I skated somewhere, with my music blasting through my eardrums and my wheels crushing the pebbles beneath me, I was always having a great time thinking of what I was going to pull off next. I urge anyone that is interested in skating, whether you or young as heck or old as frick, to go to your local skate store and buy yourself a board and have some fun. New skaters, PLEASE learn how to push. Pushing will help you get comfortable with your board and will help you in the long run. For those of you who wish to trick, get use to pushing on your board, then move on to manuals and ollies. DO NOT try to do kickflips or something radical if you can't ollie up a curb. DO NOT be afraid of falling on your ass, it will happen and you just have to except that, if you don't, you will never get good at skating. Lastly, DO NOT brag about doing tricks that you can't do, that's being a poser and you will get decked if you act like that. If tricking ain't your thing, get a longboard, cruiser, or penny board. And while you guys are out there shredding the streets, don't forget to have fun :P .

P.S. I skate Welcome boards and I think that they're the bomb diggity...
here are some pics of my lovely board that I still use (fresh out the box)... ImageImage

New Topic Post Reply  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next