Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Y S0 S3R10US wrote:
mattlikespie wrote:
Y S0 S3R10US wrote:
Spoiler: Show

So wait does that mean that if the ct says "Face the back of your cell and freeze" we can freelook? Whereas if the ct says "freeze facing the back of your cell" you can only look at the back of your cell, but be able to crouch knife and all those shenanigans?

Yes

I smell some people getting the orders wrong and freekilling...

Not really. The staff said before they reposted that you should be facing the back of your cell if that order was given, and now they are revisiting such subject so now when you say "Take one step out, face the back of your cell and freeze" means you take a step out and freeze as GoldGames mentioned, freeze only restricts WASD movements, not mouse movements so therefore you may freelook.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

Social 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:32 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Y S0 S3R10US wrote:

So wait does that mean that if the ct says "Face the back of your cell and freeze" we can freelook? Whereas if the ct says "freeze facing the back of your cell" you can only look at the back of your cell, but be able to crouch knife and all those shenanigans?

No, you only have to keep facing the back of your cell when the order is AFK freeze. If they say freeze, no matter what you can freelook, knife and crouch.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:54 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
Y S0 S3R10US wrote:

No, you only have to keep facing the back of your cell when the order is AFK freeze. If they say freeze, no matter what you can freelook, knife and crouch.

Ah beautiful thank you! But wait isn't that different to Matts response? I is confused...

Yes

[/spoiler]
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:34 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
It was relooked at and changed so now you can freelook, look what i said in my reply

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:38 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
To make this a bit easier to understand just refer to this if you want to, your choice entirely.

Warden: All Terrorists take a step outside your cell, face the back of your cell and freeze.

-This gives you the ability of anything that does not include WASD movements and jumping. You are allowed to knife, crouch, use your flashlight and your knife, and also look around freely.

Not sure if this helps you guys or not.
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:06 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:51070416
If the warden wants you to remain facing the back of your cell it should say, "1 step out and freeze WHILE facing the back of your cell".

This makes more sense to me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:22 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Mr.Geeza wrote:
To make this a bit easier to understand just refer to this if you want to, your choice entirely.

Warden: All Terrorists take a step outside your cell, face the back of your cell and freeze.

-This gives you the ability of anything that does not include WASD movements and jumping. You are allowed to knife, crouch, use your flashlight and your knife, and also look around freely.

Not sure if this helps you guys or not.

This is what I've been trying to say.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:40 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
I don't think the rule should be defined by the verbiage you use in your commands.

"Step out, and while facing the back of your cell, freeze" and "Step out, face the back of your cell and freeze" are interchangeable in generic English. This means that if we make the former "freelook" and the latter "only look in one direction" it can be quite confusing. I think we should avoid doing that.

The main issue for me is balance. Facing a certain direction is similar to AFK freezing, which can be used only once, as it really makes it easy to control the T's. This is a game, and rules are used to balance both sides to keep the game fair, so letting CT's constantly tell T's to face a certain direction might make it too hard to rebel (which is why we only allow one AFK freeze per round).

Though, that being said being able to move your mouse around a bit and see out of "peripheral" vision can help you rebel, while still giving the CT's another tool. Personally, I think we should let CT's give this command whenever they want (not AFK freeze, but face a direction) as right now I think T's have the advantage in rebelling (or CT's just suck, I dunno). So you could theoretically say "Follow me and look at me only", and they would have to. The only issue with this is you're gonna get CT's killing T's who "are looking too far away", and it's gonna cause a headache for everyone ("ADMIN ADMIN, HE KILLED ME BUT I WAS LOOKING" "NO HE WASN'T I SAW HIM LOOK 3 DEGREES TO THE RIGHT OF WHERE HE IS SUPPOSED TO!"). How can we administrate that?

And as of right now, the rule for freezing doesn't mention anything about facing a certain direction. "Freeze means: do not move along the X, Y, Z axis of the game. Crouching is exempt." So I don't see how telling someone to look a certain way and then telling them to freeze nullifies the last statement. But, that is how we have been doing it for a long time, so if change the "definition" or whatever, it's gonna cause some confusion.

Just my 2 cents.
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:07 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
CharlieKelly wrote:
I don't think the rule should be defined by the verbiage you use in your commands.

"Step out, and while facing the back of your cell, freeze" and "Step out, face the back of your cell and freeze" are interchangeable in generic English. This means that if we make the former "freelook" and the latter "only look in one direction" it can be quite confusing. I think we should avoid doing that.

The main issue for me is balance. Facing a certain direction is similar to AFK freezing, which can be used only once, as it really makes it easy to control the T's. This is a game, and rules are used to balance both sides to keep the game fair, so letting CT's constantly tell T's to face a certain direction might make it too hard to rebel (which is why we only allow one AFK freeze per round).

Though, that being said being able to move your mouse around a bit and see out of "peripheral" vision can help you rebel, while still giving the CT's another tool. Personally, I think we should let CT's give this command whenever they want (not AFK freeze, but face a direction) as right now I think T's have the advantage in rebelling (or CT's just suck, I dunno). So you could theoretically say "Follow me and look at me only", and they would have to. The only issue with this is you're gonna get CT's killing T's who "are looking too far away", and it's gonna cause a headache for everyone ("ADMIN ADMIN, HE KILLED ME BUT I WAS LOOKING" "NO HE WASN'T I SAW HIM LOOK 3 DEGREES TO THE RIGHT OF WHERE HE IS SUPPOSED TO!"). How can we administrate that?

And as of right now, the rule for freezing doesn't mention anything about facing a certain direction. "Freeze means: do not move along the X, Y, Z axis of the game. Crouching is exempt." So I don't see how telling someone to look a certain way and then telling them to freeze nullifies the last statement. But, that is how we have been doing it for a long time, so if change the "definition" or whatever, it's gonna cause some confusion.

Just my 2 cents.

CharlieKelly wrote:
and it's gonna cause a headache for everyone ("ADMIN ADMIN, HE KILLED ME BUT I WAS LOOKING" "NO HE WASN'T I SAW HIM LOOK 3 DEGREES TO THE RIGHT OF WHERE HE IS SUPPOSED TO!"). How can we administrate that?

Isn't this the situation us admins are trying to avoid? Like there's like you said people gonna be like I WAS FACING HIM, IDK WHY HE/SHE KILLED ME CAN YOU SLAY HIM/HER. How can we determine if a player is truly facing where the warden asks, like a person. It's basically like using nightvision when AFK frozen. Of course it's gonna be obvious if they're looking the complete opposite of where they are but overall I understand what you wrote.

Also that just sounds like it's a nazi move. [obviously the scenario is just put there to enlighten the situation]
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:17 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
Mr.Geeza wrote:
CharlieKelly wrote:
and it's gonna cause a headache for everyone ("ADMIN ADMIN, HE KILLED ME BUT I WAS LOOKING" "NO HE WASN'T I SAW HIM LOOK 3 DEGREES TO THE RIGHT OF WHERE HE IS SUPPOSED TO!"). How can we administrate that?

Isn't this the situation us admins are trying to avoid? Like there's like you said people gonna be like I WAS FACING HIM, IDK WHY HE/SHE KILLED ME CAN YOU SLAY HIM/HER. How can we determine if a player is truly facing where the warden asks, like a person. It's basically like using nightvision when AFK frozen. Of course it's gonna be obvious if they're looking the complete opposite of where they are but overall I understand what you wrote.

Also that just sounds like it's a nazi move. [obviously the scenario is just put there to enlighten the situation]

Yea exactly, though we do have a rule to not let CT's force T's to stare in a direction for "extended periods of time", so I dunno.

I don't think we should restrict "vision" as a way to stop rebellers. Get them in a good spot where you can watch exits / secrets and do your thang there. Maybe make it so when you are frozen, you can always free look (just append that on to the frozen rule), so if you want to curb a rebellion by making them look a certain direction, you have to tell them to stay in an area (like in pool, big cage, showers, iso, etc,..). this makes it a bit more balanced, and then you can still tell them to force a certain direction while doing games (well not really, but we can add another rule...).

Maybe we should just stick with the verbiage lmao
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

New Topic Locked  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next