New Topic Locked  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:07 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40615045
Caboose wrote:
CSS is already a dying game, and if you want to keep population in the server maybe you should try not to ban them for the most trivial shit you can find.

this

Social 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:09 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
If I paid for admin I'd ban yiggles so fast.
Donating != paying

also @caboose, if CSS is dying, it's been dying for 10 years... lmao
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:12 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Caboose wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Spoiler: Show

Clearly this system needs some work if you keep getting admins that don't know what they're doing. Or you should put some more effort into teaching them how and when to use their admin.

Needy wrote:
Spoiler: Show

Can confirm, admin school needed.

Many admins I've seen in JB recently have been really bad. Surprisingly they're not all new admins though I've seen elites and veterans do this shit too.
And it seems that a lot of the current admins are unaware of the "Order Of Operations" you should take before banning someone (e.g mute, warn, kick and then ban for a short amount of time). I've seen admins use the kick as a warning and then ban for a second offence, which is not what is supposed to happen.
(Don't worry your pretty little head about it, I tell them what they're doing wrong and what to do in the future.)

CSS is already a dying game, and if you want to keep population in the server maybe you should try not to ban them for the most trivial shit you can find.
For example Geeza banning someone (aka Timmy) for having the name "Bourne Jason" because EgN has an advisor called Bourne.

Yea im 100% with the meatball on this, pretty much everyone who applies gets admin without a check and its hard to comment on their app since the only way to see when they are posted is to constantly check the admin app section due to it not being a part of "new posts".

That doesn't really matter tho because the few times i did tell staff that the person should not get admin they got anyway and were shit ever since.

As one of the oldest active admins (might actually be the oldest active admin) i can 100% confirm that a lot of these new and not so new admins use their for status not responsibility and much prefer banning ppl instead of trying to help them understand why they cant do what they are doing.

And for the 45th time now even tho it will probably be ignored for the 45th time now, I VOLUNTEER TO RUN THE ADMIN SCHOOL. If they dont pass they dont get admin and i pass the reasons they failed onto higher ups if they decide to appeal my decision.

Not like any of the staff+ who can create admin school are even alive and the 2 staff that are semi-active cant get the rest to do shiettt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:24 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:230517
Personally, I wasn't a fan of the admin school or the way it was run in the past. Nor do I believe that I made admins any better then than they are now.
What probably isn't so obvious are they number if people who have lost admin for breaking the rules (it's much easier to loose admin now that it was then). If an an admin is doing something wrong, the will,loose the privalage. Simple.

But... I'm always open to feedback. Maybe we could run the school in a volenatry manner? Maybe we could help each other out more in game?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:31 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Jimmah wrote:
Personally, I wasn't a fan of the admin school or the way it was run in the past. Nor do I believe that I made admins any better then than they are now.
What probably isn't so obvious are they number if people who have lost admin for breaking the rules (it's much easier to loose admin now that it was then). If an an admin is doing something wrong, the will,loose the privalage. Simple.

But... I'm always open to feedback. Maybe we could run the school in a volenatry manner?

Nah, mandatory and instead of a g1 test, make it a g2 road test where they get admin for an hour with the teacher and he helps them deal with real situations. Have like 3 of these and on the last one the teacher stays quiet and judges how they handle situations

If they dont pass they dont get admin and the teacher passes the reasons they failed onto higher ups if they decide to appeal the decision.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:26 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6233124
Eh, I've been running this shit so long that I sometimes forget that I need to try to give some perspective, even if most people lack the ability to get what I'm saying...but here it goes.

Much like Young Lean has said....Some admins just don't get the "flow" of the server, or understand when you should be firm as an admin and when to be soft and let the fun continue. This tends to be why sometimes a police officer will be awesome and just warn you....and sometimes they dick you for as much as they can, personality and mood really affect us humans.

What this means is that sometimes admins in JB can make shit fun and enjoyable....and sometimes the playerbase will make things fun and enjoyable....but more often than not if the playerbase is being fucking shit....then the admins will be fucking shit. Honestly it's that simple, the playerbase controls the tone and mood of the server 7/10 times, with admins affecting it the rest of the time. If there are a lot of assholes then you'll get more freekills...and more freekil- FUCK IT lemme break this down like Yoda does about the dark side of the force...

Asshole players love to freekill and get people mad...

Mad players get angry and start ranting and raving and spamming...

This also makes the Wardens start issueing more shitty nazi like orders....

Which pisses people off even more and ruins the fun...

Shitty Nazi Wardens cause more freekills...

Which leads to admins doing more control and contain....

Which leads to less fun and more pissiness from eveyone....

Which then leads to these fucking threads where everyone bitches about how shit admins are....

Everything has a cause, the JB's problems mostly stem from the random player base being full of assholes who just love to fuck around and be dicks, though that's not to say we don't sometimes have admins who are assholes and trolls but to place responsibility solely on admins is bullshit.

Believe me when I say that I stopped being able to play JB 4-5 years ago....not because of admins or EgN members....but because I got sick of the fucking random players. For every one of the decent ones who enjoy the server...there are probably 3-4 assholes who just want to troll and laugh about how upset people get over getting freekilled or finding some loophole through which they can kill more T's or make more nazi like orders.

I honestly wish I could take a time-machine and go back in time and record a demo of the 2007-09 times so you all could see how much less caustic and cancerous people were, and how much more fun and relaxed the orders and gameplay were.

But back on point, I really don't want to restart Admin school. We don't have reliable higher-up's(I'm including myself) to run an admin school, and unless Caboose has forgotten....it did shit all to stop admin abuse and player complaints.

So unless someone comes up with an original plan to either fix the player base so that its less shit...or a way to actually get admins to care and take even more responsibility for the server...this is how shit will continue to be...as it has for the last 5-6 years.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:31 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:433420658
No need for further comments we already found the problem he didn't scream loud enough into the mic about the freekill.

Lead Inspector at EgN Inquisitorial Squad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:57 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:97829144
SemiAutoNoob wrote:
No need for further comments we already found the problem he didn't scream loud enough into the mic about the freekill.

This would be a perfect conclusion to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:17 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Just a friendly reminder that spamming Free kill in admin chat won't get you anywhere. You have to tell the admin what happened and your side of the story. Yelling "FREEKILL! FREEKILL!" won't get you anywhere...

Ignorance is bliss

New Topic Locked  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3