which system
Deathwatch 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Rouge Trader 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 8
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:59 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19547824
Since dark heresy is nearing it's end, and most of the more vocal players want a more free range of play.

While dark heresy was a great intro into 40k RPG, and honestly, I myself am getting tired of "do blah, if not, yous gonna be ded. lol heretic"

Now, the options will be a great change in how the party will react to their "missions"

first up, Deathwatch.
when i first had this up for a vote, i had in mind methods to stop shitposting/keep things semi serious. mostly just not letting dave get away with most of the things he does.
-First, the party is given a mission, however, their methods of acomplishing said mission are completely up to them or if they decied to elect a squad leader, up to him (the squad leader is a player who they all believe has the best judgment)
-secondly, the party is going to play as genetically augmented super beings known as astartes (space marines) most anything has a hard time even penetrating the armor alone as......it's hella thick.
-lastly, actual character development is a key factor for any character progression involving upgrades.
-UNLESS YOU GOT A GOOD REASON, NOONE IN THE PARTY WILL BE A DREADNAUGHT, THIS ROLE IS MOSTLY RESERVED FOR NPCS

Next, rouge trader.
Holy fuck sticks, this game is nothing but roleplaying and very rarely is there even combat (unless you are seeking it, even then, it's mostly resolved via shipboard cannons/resting regiments within the vessal)
-the Dm is actually a "player" that is the Captain within the ship, and each player is a commanding chief in their respective fields.
-There is no set missions, just a continous goal of boosting the ship's "profit factor" or simply just achieving your own goals. (be it seeking forgivness by some glorious action or just researching the stars itself, it's entirely up to the players to determine why they are on the rouge traders ship.
"Well before your time sport."
"Addoroth will rise again!"
Image Image

Last edited by Nickolas Magnus on Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:04 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:97829144
no.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:36 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:51230990
Im down. Can't wait.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:40 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:42644296
NurseRedHeart wrote:
Im down. Can't wait.

This is kind of where you're supposed to put your vote... which game you prefer.

Speaking of, just like Dark Heresy, I will choose to sit out. I have no interest in the 40k universe. These still seem to lose that open-world way of playing, the one that I want for. Once we decide on a DnD gamemode, a semi-longlasting one, where it truly is "open world," hit me up.

10:29 PM - EgN-A| Pig #TeamCorTheft: Cow
10:29 PM - EgN-A| Pig #TeamCorTheft: Moo moo
10:29 PM - EgN-A| Pig #TeamCorTheft: Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:01 am 
EgN Member
Elite
Corvus wrote:
NurseRedHeart wrote:
Im down. Can't wait.

This is kind of where you're supposed to put your vote... which game you prefer.

Speaking of, just like Dark Heresy, I will choose to sit out. I have no interest in the 40k universe. These still seem to lose that open-world way of playing, the one that I want for. Once we decide on a DnD gamemode, a semi-longlasting one, where it truly is "open world," hit me up.

If you are looking for an open world yet serious role play, then rouge trader is for you. there literally is nothing to do but get rich. player freedom is...quite literally at it's fullest. hell if you want to try space piracy, then you would actually ROLE PLAY a conversation as to why this is a good idea or even a good method of getting a hightened profit factor.

honestly, I WANT to do this. this way you can be as much of a special snowflake and not have to worry about an inquisitor killing you from the shadows.

Dark heresy was all about investigating and reporting to your boss. deathwatch is something close, however you are trusted to just get the job done by any means needed. rouge trader, there is no hand holding. no boss to call to when you fuck up. this is as open world as you can get without having to worry about rolling for the amount of skin cells on your dick. to also get to your point of this being a long lasting voyage, the dark heresy campaign was simply a premade booklet intended to be used for new players. it was short, bitter sweet, and to the point. rouge trader is simply discussion of how to make the most money without risk of either the imperium demanding a cut or some other xenos race wanting to dick around with you.

There is no rolling to suceed, in this voyage, if you want to try to change things, you will have to actually role play it out.

All you asking for is a generic fantasy style story.
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:32 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61594940
I voted rouge trader -
https://www.redditgifts.com/?inv=CMv5 Join reddit gifts and get free items but you do have to send back gifts or you'll get penalized
After reading every EgN Post

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:00 am 
EgN Member
Elite
Phillip wrote:
I voted rouge trader -

Are you actually going to play?
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:33 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61594940
Nickolas Magnus wrote:
Phillip wrote:
I voted rouge trader -

Yes
https://www.redditgifts.com/?inv=CMv5 Join reddit gifts and get free items but you do have to send back gifts or you'll get penalized
After reading every EgN Post

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:46 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Phillip wrote:
Nickolas Magnus wrote:
Phillip wrote:
I voted rouge trader -

Yes

start reading up on the rouge trader rulebook. core rulebook only. see if anything intrest you.
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:36 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:28471832
Rogue Trader sounds sick, just cause of all the freedom and shit

New Topic Post Reply  [ 10 posts ]