New Topic Post Reply  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:58 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
So I was approached by my landlords side hoe that I have to fork over a monthly payment for my mine in the west. I find many things wrong with this and now ill take the time to explain.

1) TeamSpeak servers should be a yearly charge because if everyone pays yearly, that will cover the costs of the server for many years. TeamSpeak servers are not expensive at all.

2) There are channels on there that we dont need at all, if you are worried about the cost. No one uses the game channels except for Nicholas and his random game nerds. So give Nicholas a community channel so he can do those things.

3) You just want the gold I have in my mine, and let me tell ya. YOU AINT HAVING IT!

4) I think making the cost a monthly thing will certainly diminish the amount of channel's on TeamSpeak. Like you all have said many times, if you make people donate monthly for things, they tend to not want them. I purchased the channel for $30, and you technically i should be able to keep it.

Let me put it in prospective. If i bought a house, then the seller of the house charged me $3,000 month because im living in it, that would be unfair. So if i bought the channel for $30, and you are charging me $10 a month to use something i paid for is kinda stupid. If you want to create a monthly cost, then start out with one. Dont make people pay $20 more than the monthly cost. This does not affect people who got kicked out of the clan. Those who act out in the real world can lose their house as well.

Ill put $10 this month, but I would like a higher up to think about what Ive said and post appropriately. Ill be looking more for a response from an Advisor+ (sorry, not sorry staff).

So yeah, lets take a minute and debate constructively about it. Any other opinions from the clan members? What do you think should be done?

This post was paid and supported by Needy and her boredom.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

Last edited by Mr.GoldGames on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:59 pm 
EgN Member
You can just make your own ts3 for $30 ;)

Plus the price is so high because the higher ups dont want 30+ private channels
<17:15:54> "Roaxes": i first met lex when she was roleplaying as a doctor on jailbreak
A pile of cats is called a meowntain. Ba dum tsss.
I've been here too long.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:00 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:147071666
M8 the price is that high because you could literally buy your own teamspeak server for that. You knew you'd have to pay monthly when you paid for the channel, so why are you whining now?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:03 pm 
EgN Member
Also another quick question for the Advisor+, What's going to happen to Simone and Doldol's channel?
<17:15:54> "Roaxes": i first met lex when she was roleplaying as a doctor on jailbreak
A pile of cats is called a meowntain. Ba dum tsss.
I've been here too long.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:06 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Lex wrote:
Also another quick question for the Advisor+ What's going to happen to Simone and Doldol's channel? Considering they haven't donated

I was under the impression that they dont have to because 1) Simone is Kharns soon to be wife, so she has privileges. 2) Doldol has access to the whole clan and they have yet to remove his permissions, same with most of the kids who have/had supporter.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:09 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:147071666
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
Simone is Kharns soon to be wife, so she has privileges.

Then Kharn's channel is also her channel. "What's yours is mine what's mine is yours" and all that bullshit.

Mr.GoldGames wrote:
Doldol has access to the whole clan and they have yet to remove his permissions, same with most of the kids who have/had supporter.

Most of us supporters have lost our permissions and if we want a channel we have to pay for it the same as you. So why does he get to keep his? Also Ganji was co-leader and I don't see his channel anywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:14 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:28471832
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
and you technically don't have the liberty to take it away.

I mean, technically they do have the liberty to take it away since it is THEIR server, not yours.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:18 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Caboose wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
Doldol has access to the whole clan and they have yet to remove his permissions, same with most of the kids who have/had supporter.

Most of us supporters have lost our permissions and if we want a channel we have to pay for it the same as you. So why does he get to keep his? Also Ganji was co-leader and I don't see his channel anywhere.

I agree, why arent they taking away Doldol's channel, why havent they removed his permissions. I remember clearly that a certain someone was talking about how they are scared to remove Doldol's powers because he may do something to the server. He's not in a leadership role, so why have the powers? Yet you're focusing on us donating $10 for a stupid TeamSpeak server.

"Let's not focus on the major things in the community, lets focus on the smaller things!" Yeah okay YouTube.

Wolfy wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
and you technically don't have the liberty to take it away.

I mean, technically they do have the liberty to take it away since it is THEIR server, not yours.

Edited to seem less, bitchy.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:23 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Eh just thought I would put it out there that its not the same if people buy a teamspeak server than just a channel on the egn one. In a way we spend that 10 so we can get a spot on a popular teamspeak server where everyone comes to. Not to mention then we get the power over our channel to control who comes in it. We pay the 10 dollars at this rate because it gives us our own space and like said in a way its still a popular server which comes with a price. Sure if you get your own teamspeak server you'll have all the power you want, but you wont get the people like EgN does.

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:28 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
um js I always use the game channels haha, everytime I'm on I claim the "Jailbreak" TS channel as my own.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

New Topic Post Reply  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next