1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hard hitting films
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:20 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68655191
Alright real talk, Boys and Grills gather round i wanna jerk some tears out of you here.

So a few months ago me and a friend where feeling all down in the dumps and shit and we where like fuck it lets stick on a comedy film and cheer our self's up. Next thing we know i find a film called 'Me, Earl and the dying girl'. Now me being the sarcastic motherfucker i am thought "Damn this is going to be fucking hilarious" and for the first 30-40 mins we where crying with laughter. And with out spoilers I cried at the end. With spoilers and for it to make a bit more sense why it hit me hard is
Spoiler: Show

The reason this hit me hard is because my best friend who i was watching it with has a condition called Lupus and it drastically reduced her life expectancy, the thought of losing her in just crushed me inside that day. I still haven't told her that's the reason the film makes me cry.

I wanna know guys have any films hit you guys like this, not necessarily made you cry but applied to your very specific time in your life that it had a big impact. Try and make me feel like not a total outcast, or even if nobody has, could you think of a film that could have changed something if you watched it at an earlier time.

Thanks guys

Alex 'The Nerd Man'
“Being crazy isn't enough.”
Dr. Seuss

Social 
 Post subject: Re: Hard hitting films
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:44 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34048082
Roots, Beasts of No Nation, etc. African and Slave movies usually connect with me being part African and seeing how the White Man treated my ancestors.

Music connects with me more though.

On a serious note, Best wishes and prayers towards your friend and her family / friends.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:55 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
I know what you mean about music man, I find even a change in genre preference can change a person alot
Dr. Seuss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:11 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:45531911
Marley and Me
EgN| SkyxDreamz : but u cant aim...
EgN-R| KariSwift killed EgN| SkyxDreamz with awp.

Yeah about that I am mentally an retard I should just not said that to be honest but I Did I'm not gonna joke like that anymore I am going to be for real mature I keep acting like a retard.-Artemis
How could we not talk about family when family's all that we got?
Everything I went through you were standing there by my side
And now you gon' be with me for the last ride

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:13 am 
EgN Member
Movies you say?? The Purge : Election Year was fucking fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:10 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Suspect wrote:

eh, films you can connect with huh..I mean if you're into that sort of thing.

Hands down the film, Pursuit of Happiness...ideolgy aside, it's a film that celebrates people who toil for a better life. If you haven't seen the film, it's about a father who is in a constant rut, struggling to keep himself and his son from falling apart. I can't connect with the film as much as others would, though I think ideally every parent wants to give their child the perfect childhood and I don't think I have met a single family that hasn't struggled with life itself.
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:19 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
I really like the Shawshank Redemption.
Not only is well filmed, acted and directed, the protagonist just never stops, never gives up. It's something I aspire to do in everything. No matter what life threw at him, he always threw it right back, and with a smile. It's just the most satisfying thing you can do; toovercome an obstacle that should be frustating with a whistle, even when your face down in the mud (or in his case, a sewer of shit).

Helped me get through retail working. Nothing more satisfying then really helping a rude customer, who turns out to just be having a bad day, knowing you didn't let them get to you and bring you to their level.
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:33 pm 
EgN Member
Needy wrote:
Suspect wrote:

eh, films you can connect with huh..I mean if you're into that sort of thing.

Hands down the film, Pursuit of Happiness...ideolgy aside, it's a film that celebrates people who toil for a better life. If you haven't seen the film, it's about a father who is in a constant rut, struggling to keep himself and his son from falling apart. I can't connect with the film as much as others would, though I think ideally every parent wants to give their child the perfect childhood and I don't think I have met a single family that hasn't struggled with life itself.

I've been in some tough situations.. I can relate to this movie..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:55 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Another film I connected with was perks of being a walk flower, I have no idea why because I dont have any suppressed memorys I'm aware of. I still can't put my finger on why that film speaks to me it just does. Another question thought, what speaks to you guys more music, films or literature?
Dr. Seuss

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:14 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
TheNerdMan wrote:
Another film I connected with was perks of being a walk flower, I have no idea why because I dont have any suppressed memorys I'm aware of. I still can't put my finger on why that film speaks to me it just does. Another question thought, what speaks to you guys more music, films or literature?

Ouch, touch question...Film, to me, has always been something more than just moving pictures on a television screen. I have always had an emotional connection, along with a borderline obsession, with film and same goes for literature. I am pretty sure this quote sums both film and literature pretty well, "Things like this allow you to escape into another person’s life and experience situations you wouldn’t normally experience.”

Well, as for music, I think I have always had a personal connection with music. I mean gee, I have been going to concerts since I was the age of four, along with my grandfather who has showed the classics and pretty much would force me to listen to music almost everyday. :mrgreen:

Eh, I think I can connect with each film, literature, and music equally. Touch question, but really good question erhm.
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next