New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:20 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
So, I'm sure many other admins feel the same way as I do. As it states in the admin guide, " Admins are not allowed to Ban/Kick/Slay a EgN Member, only Staff+ may take action against an EgN Member." Now, especially as of late, many members, elites, and even veterans that are not admin, or even some of those that are admin feel the need to quote this rule everytime time they break a rule. I won't name any names on this forum, but if a higher staff requests I can do so with evidence. The members will pull this card as an excuse as to why they can break the rules. For example, an EgN member on CT will gunplant a terrorist and claim they cannot be slayed because they are a member. Now as the rule states, I am supposed to simply let it go and tell a higher staff. Well when I look on TS, I find no higher staff, and the member continues to do it every round. Now, at this point I weigh the right and wrong and normally decide to slay because this member is hindering the game play experience. Then they'll complain that I cannot slay them like that, and threaten a report, and most of the time the server will blow up with EgN members and admins arguing over the rule, which hinders the game experience even more, and to stop them arguing, this rule states I can't even stop them from doing so and they pull the card yet again.

This rule is very frustrating that an admin cannot use powers over another member. I suggest that this rule be removed or revised in a way that will enable admins to actually be able to monitor the servers from this anarchy. I'm tired of logging on and having members pull this card and essentially call me a "badmin" because I try to make the server better for everyone.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

Social 
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:29 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Even tho this would'it be bad for me, i think its a bad rule. Not all admins are up to par and members should know the rules. If you have a disagreement then make a complaint.

Its lile kharn says, if you break rules as member he will punish you much worse than any admin could. Thay part of the responsibility of being a member.

The whole reason i joined egn was because there was an admin who did'it like me and would always try to fk with me so i become a member to avoid that

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:41 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:48892477
Quote:
I won't name any names

giwuERHWREGUShszdvO

Anyway, it would REALLY help if you did name names so the people who are causing trouble are shown. It's not going solve anything if no one knows what members are doing wrong.

If this kind of event is happening frequently, bind a key to record demo and stop. That's what I do the moment a round begins. if nothing happens I just stop and redemo.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:47 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
I too find this very frustrating. Admins have rather worked hard to get where they are, or have gone the extra mile to apply for a position to help make EgN a good place for all gamers alike. For member to be abusing the admins on this server and the admins are supposed to just "take it and get over it" makes your job harder as admins. It is very stressful and upsetting to have people yell at us or tell us to slay a member of this clan, and respond with, "We cant do anything, they are an EgN Member."

Members will get away with many things and the main people who look bad and are called a terrible admin, are the ones who want to help out, but cant. I think this is the dumbest rule in the world. I feel as if you should be able to use your powers on Members, Elites, and Veterans; the whole SheBang. Now i understand that you can make a report on them and thats all fine and dandy, but im not about to record every round of Jailbreak just to find someone gun planting. Thats down right absurd and super annoying. So, why not just be able to use admin commands on that person gun planting?

I just hope this thing gets solved and not just thrown to the die. Im sick of all this "Im higher than you, so you cant do that" bull shit. You want to complain about Admins using powers on you? Maybe you shouldn't be a fucking dick and break EgN's rules. This before you act like a dumb ass.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:08 am 
Community Member
Legend
MrGoldGames wrote:
I too find this very frustrating. Admins have rather worked hard to get where they are, or have gone the extra mile to apply for a position to help make EgN a good place for all gamers alike. For member to be abusing the admins on this server and the admins are supposed to just "take it and get over it" makes your job harder as admins. It is very stressful and upsetting to have people yell at us or tell us to slay a member of this clan, and respond with, "We cant do anything, they are an EgN Member."

Members will get away with many things and the main people who look bad and are called a terrible admin, are the ones who want to help out, but cant. I think this is the dumbest rule in the world. I feel as if you should be able to use your powers on Members, Elites, and Veterans; the whole SheBang. Now i understand that you can make a report on them and thats all fine and dandy, but im not about to record every round of Jailbreak just to find someone gun planting. Thats down right absurd and super annoying. So, why not just be able to use admin commands on that person gun planting?

I just hope this thing gets solved and not just thrown to the die. Im sick of all this "Im higher than you, so you cant do that" bull shit. You want to complain about Admins using powers on you? Maybe you shouldn't be a fucking dick and break EgN's rules. This before you act like a dumb ass.

Are you good bro?

You dont argue with members who break rules in fact your not supposed to. And recording a demo is literally just pressing one key at the start and end of a round.

I been admin for a long time and members dont normally give trouble because they know what happens if they break the rules. If for some reason they all act up and gunplant or something, one complaint and they stop. If they dont then they lose membership and u can do whatever the fk u want to them.

Besides that, even if you use admin on them when they fk around you, they can keep doing it when ur gone. So for a more permanent solution, member complaint.

And bro if u take admin like a military responsibility then your just gonna burn ur self out, hate everybody, and everybody will hate you in return. Dont take that shit personally or you wont last long and u'll hate jailbreak

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:22 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Are you good bro?

You dont argue with members who break rules in fact your not supposed to. And recording a demo is literally just pressing one key at the start and end of a round.

I been admin for a long time and members dont normally give trouble because they know what happens if they break the rules. If for some reason they all act up and gunplant or something, one complaint and they stop. If they dont then they lose membership and u can do whatever the fk u want to them.

Besides that, even if you use admin on them when they fk around you, they can keep doing it when ur gone. So for a more permanent solution, member complaint.

And bro if u take admin like a military responsibility then your just gonna burn ur self out, hate everybody, and everybody will hate you in return. Dont take that shit personally or you wont last long and u'll hate jailbreak

Yeah im all good, and i understand what you say. I just want the position to be taken seriously, not as a military responsibility. Things just frustrate me lol.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:10 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:433420658
is the problem the member or the not being able to get ahold of the staff. Ohh mind blown

Lead Inspector at EgN Inquisitorial Squad

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:12 pm 
Community Member
Legend
A good example of why this would'it be a good rule is the complaint on kitten. Two members argue with eachother and both are in the wrong but one is admin so they could just kick/mute/gag the other and then that would escalate the whole thing even more

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:19 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42385346
SemiAutoNoob wrote:
is the problem the member or the not being able to get ahold of the staff. Ohh mind blown

For a lot of situations you shouldn't need to get ahold of a staff. The only reason getting ahold of a staff is a problem for certain things is because admins can't use their powers on members.

If admins could use their powers on members to slay them when they freekill, mute them when they're causing problems, and things of that nature then it would solve a few issues related to having to get ahold of a staff. It's a little ridiculous to have to call a Staff into the server because a member is freekilling. Most the Staff will do is watch them, slay them, and possibly CTBan them, all of which are things that a normal admin could do as well. It's an inefficient system that clogs up the flow of the server. If nothing else there is one primary role of being an admin and that's to "ensure that gameplay continues smoothly and correctly," and if you can't use admin on someone who's breaking the flow of the game just because they're member you're literally being told to not do your job.

Allowing admins to use their powers on members for everything beyond kicking and banning is something I've actually be arguing with among the higher ups for years, and was actually hoping that this rule would be amended since one of the main people who supported it is no longer in the clan.

Mr. Simplistic wrote:
A good example of why this would'it be a good rule is the complaint on kitten. Two members argue with eachother and both are in the wrong but one is admin so they could just kick/mute/gag the other and then that would escalate the whole thing even more

Not quite. That particular incident would run back into another admin rule we have stating you can't use admin on people for personal issues. The argument between Cyclops and Kitten is a personal matter, and was handled through a private chat and not publically in the server so under that rule, not necessarily under the "No using admin on members" rule, would prevent Cyclops from using admin on her.

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own."
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

"The wounds of love can only be healed by the person who made them."
~Publius Syrus

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
~Winston Churchill

<17:26:05> "Wartheft": Sneakin into mah channel
<17:26:11> "Sibblet": xD
<17:26:12> "Wartheft": Snatchin my fedoras up
<17:26:21> "Sibblet": I ate your fedoras, my apologies
<17:26:21> "Wartheft": I see how it be
<17:26:26> "Wartheft": YOU WHAT
<17:26:29> "Wartheft": Q.Q
<17:26:30> "Sibblet": NOTHING
<17:26:32> "Sibblet": >_>
<17:26:34> "Sibblet": <_<

<20:57:43> "GirlWithAGun": (ง'̀-'́)ง fight me
<20:58:06> "Wartheft": Q('.'Q) Let's go
<20:58:23> "GirlWithAGun": lol
<20:58:33> "Wartheft": (o.o)O=('.'Q) Take that
<20:59:35> "GirlWithAGun": ow D:

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:59 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:230517
^ what Wartheft said.

Anyway, this was bought up in another thread. Like i said there, I mostly agree with the centament - this is something the higher ups are aware of and will take under consideration.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next