Register
Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:20 pm 
EgN Member
What made Jailbreak great is not so much the maps or games, but the people playing it! THE COMMUNITY. The people who are fun to play with. The ones who use microphone regularly, good guards, fun wardens. People like to joke around and have fun... not play dodgeball or simon says.

We are seeing too many of these fun people getting perma CT banned. I heard Fred got a ban for mic spam (playing harmonica) which was a lot of fun for us to hear. Everyone loved it. People would sing along with it. He then got perma banned for an accidental freekill the day his ban expired. The lengths of these bans keep the fun wardens from coming back and keeping the server populated. I was perma banned for 2 months after an appeal for an accidental MFK. It happened again... another 2 months. Any guard can make a mistake... so I didnt hear the first order i didnt know it was a warday. Witnesses said it was accidental. 2 months for a slip-up? I would understand if witnesses said i did it on purpose.

What happend to Keaton?
Bean joked about a DDOS and thats perma ban?
When I look down the list of denied ban appeals I see a LOT of regulars who I enjoyed playing with.

I get that rules are rules and they need to be enforced to keep jailbreak from becoming completely full of trolls, but permabans on the regulars for minor offenses is depopulating the server and making the community dwindle down.

I would suggest 1 week CT bans for accidental MFK. 2 Weeks on second accidental MFK. 3 weeks for 3rd accidental, and no more than 1 month for any further accidentals. (need witnesses)
How will you get good at it if you are banned all the time?
1 month CT ban for purposeful MFK. on 2nd offense 3 months CT ban, 3rd offense Perma CT ban (make them a prisoner forever)

and basically for minor stuff, if they have a reputation as a regular with good standing, go easy on them.

What do you think?

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:42 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
wntrwlf wrote:
What happend to Keaton?

I'm sure if you're here to defend her, you already know what happened to Keaton.

wntrwolf wrote:
Bean joked about a DDOS and thats perma ban?

Despite it being a joke or not, DDoS threats are not taken lightly, joke or not.

wntrwlf wrote:
would suggest 1 week CT bans for accidental MFK

Sure I understand that. But an accidental MFK = Permanent CT Ban. Why? Because instead of being a server ban for it, they still get a chance to play on the server. If they came and appealed, most likely their ban might get dropped down to something like a week and given another chance, as you said, it was an accident.

wntrwlf wrote:
When I look down the list of denied ban appeals I see a LOT of regulars who I enjoyed playing with.

They obviously have done something which made them banned, am I right? If you look at their ban reports, you might get an idea of why they were banned. In fact, if they appealed then they should know themselves why they got banned. Despite having fun in the server, breaking server rules for fun is being toxic.

wntrwolf wrote:
I heard Fred got a ban for mic spam (playing harmonica) which was a lot of fun for us to hear.

Despite Fred being a fun guy, and he's a cool guy, don't get me wrong. But he's made his mistakes, just like you hence he's still remained in our community. He received a 2 month server ban for mic spam, and continuing along with that by saying "Fuck this server". Also he got permanent CT banned, because his attempt to MFK however the circumstances came to an accidental MFK, which he is happy to appeal against if he wishes, yet to see that. If he had a problem with his bans, he knows he can appeal on our forums.

wntrwlf wrote:
How will you get good at it if you are banned all the time?

By reading our rules @ jbrules.php and familiarise yourself with them. For CT guidelines, stick to T, and watch carefully what our CTs do, and how they do. Like for instance, how they warden, how they give warnings, etc. Also talk to the admins, clarify some aspects that you're unclear of instead of jumping the gun. Learning is best for when you don't want to get banned. It'll go a far way by learning, getting those steps to becoming a better CT/or better at following server rules. I get mistakes are mistakes, I see mistakes when they happen and I don't go all harsh on it mainly because we all make them, but the point is, that will you learn from the mistakes you make? Everyone learns from their mistakes, but try avoid doing mistakes before they happen.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:20 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
dw babe im still here <3 i feel you tho a lot of ppl who want to have fun dont get along with ppl who put too much value in being "strict" to put it nicely. the ppl who are "strict" tend to want to get more power around here while the fun ppl wont put much effort into changing things more their way. I'll always be around to try and stick up for it no matter what but it would be cool to have some help lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:14 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
Rules are rules no matter if you are a regular or not. There shouldn't be a difference in punishment just because you play more. That's not just.
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)
Spoiler: Show

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:55 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
too bad, never gunna happen. jailbreak will always be the same if not worse. just enjoy it while it’s not entirely shit.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:17 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:102588682
wntrwlf wrote:
1 month CT ban for purposeful MFK. on 2nd offense 3 months CT ban, 3rd offense Perma CT ban (make them a prisoner forever)

and basically for minor stuff, if they have a reputation as a regular with good standing, go easy on them.

got your point in this and im a little easy with this one, but at the end rules are rules. Accepting them means you've read them and already known the punishment of breaking them. If a little kid or what ever you call trollers might come and kill the server then it would be probably a huge punishment just like perm.
The Light Shall Protect You

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:14 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Events Team Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:62263876
wntrwlf,

Those people who got banned are good people yeah and are fun to play with i get that. However it doesn't seem like they want to come back since they haven't attempted too so it's pretty clear they don't care enough like you do. Also the rules the server has are pretty fair and it just seems to me that you mainly are just trying to revoke you're buddy's punishments because you disagree with the reasoning there banned. Although if you check out you're suggestions of how you think the bans should be setup that you mentioned even still doing so would not change the fact that those players have no intentions of revoking there punishments which all in all makes this a useless post.

As much as i consider you as a cool guy for just trying to populate Jailbreak... Think about this Jailbreak has been around for a very long time and so has this game... 3 or 4 players do not make up an entire server worth of fun at all. Jailbreak has been dwindling down due to people simply getting burnt out of playing the same game all the time. Resulting in them leaving and loosing more good players.
The statistics for this games population is only about 3,000 players. So you can't expect Jailbreak to have a massive amount of fun players. So if you think the rules are making the server die you're wrong.

Jailbreak will always stay at it's rate nowadays since it's super old. Sucks i know. Even i miss JB's golden days when there was 30+ people on everyday! All we can do now buddy is simply make the best of it! Just get on there man and take warden or something...All i can really say to you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:06 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
Natsu wrote:
wntrwlf,

Those people who got banned are good people yeah and are fun to play with i get that. However it doesn't seem like they want to come back since they haven't attempted too so it's pretty clear they don't care enough like you do.

I actually disagree with this. If a guy who makes the server have fun gets punished for that, why would he come back, In the mean time he will find another thing to play and we lost 5 players who followed him.
The system we play by, makes it so people who do something wrong get punished. What it should be is when people make mistakes, they learn. Talk to them, if they mess up, its not okay, but make them understand why. Im not saying that punishment should go away. What if we could make people understand why we have created a certain set of rules? The toxicity might go away because people are not out trying to create drama or getting people banned. The admins wouldn't be hated as much and every once in a while people would say in the chat "Gosh i hope this server never dies". Insted we are facing the fact of "How can we make people stay".

You feel me?

wntrwlf wrote:

With the way our system and our rules work it gives the admin a very free and multivariable way of solving and upholding our rules. Every admin has his own way of dealing with troublemakers and rule breaks. Some even have a different perspective on how to enforce those rules. Some are lighter and some are more strict. We have an admin meeting every 4 months that makes sure that everyone is on the same page, but as time flies by people go through different paths and understands it differently. Doesn't make them bad people.
I totally get the point where you say that regulars has an easier time. They know the community and they probably have friends in it to. These are the people who will be playing almost no matter what we set up. This is a kind of deal that makes our server run and keeps the playerbase growing. They have proven themselves to the community by sticking along for a while and that makes them above the others. Is it the correct way? No.

You my friend probably have been facing an admin or 2 who were more strict. Didn't really tell you what you did wrong or just had the feeling of "Hey i got the power over you". Its a virus that makes the game less enjoyable. But now that you have come to that conclusion how would you approach it? Any ideas on how to fix it?

EgN moments:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:40 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24921937
Sly there’s an admin order of operations for admin that is or should be followed that includes warning. If it’s gone ahead from warning then it’s on the player not the admin.

Example Fred. I don’t lie mic spam during warday but during regular days it’s disruptive and he’s been warned to stop.

It’s not about being strict, it’s knowing as player when to ease up and know the boundaries. So for those names I really got no sympathy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:53 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
AJtheGreyBeard025 wrote:
Sly there’s an admin order of operations for admin that is or should be followed that includes warning. If it’s gone ahead from warning then it’s on the player not the admin.

Example Fred. I don’t lie mic spam during warday but during regular days it’s disruptive and he’s been warned to stop.

It’s not about being strict, it’s knowing as player when to ease up and know the boundaries. So for those names I really got no sympathy.

I know that, But tell me then, why is it people say some admins are good and some are not if they all follow the same rules?

EgN moments:

New Topic Post Reply  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next