1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:44 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19547824
Mr. Kharn wrote:
2. Yes, our TS has a ton of unused channels. Most of which have rarely if ever been used since their creation. At some point in the future we will be pruning these, but at the moment we aren't mostly due to it not affecting cost/bandwidth at this point.

As to giving Nick his own channel....eh..I'd prefer not to hand out another private channel, since even if I were to stipulate that he could only use it for Official EgN business....Who's going to check each time it's in use? At the moment we can barely keep enough Admins on JB without a huge backlash, so making that stipulation is just adding work that no one wants to do or be responsible for. Plenty of unused channels and options for him and his group.

This is not MY own channel, this is a channel solely for tabletop games (board games, Role playing games, etc.) and is moderated heavily to insure it is being used for these purposes. so far the only ones with channel admin in said channel is Dave and myself. (j-dawg insisted on being the chief grammar nazi/lexicanium).
"Well before your time sport."
"Addoroth will rise again!"
Image Image

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:13 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
Caboose wrote:
M8 the price is that high because you could literally buy your own teamspeak server for that. You knew you'd have to pay monthly when you paid for the channel, so why are you whining now?

It's like you paying your deposit and first months rent on a house/apt then complaining that he can't kick you out because you already paid for it. You signed up for it and you don't need an Advisor+ to tell you that.

And to Kharn: clanfaq.php#faq_58
Not sure if we changed the ruling on this or not, but in our FAQ it says $30 plus $10 monthly.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:21 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Thank you everyone for your posts, especially Kharn. I'm glad this post was taken seriously instead of becoming a shit post and dying out. I wanted this post to be made so that if anyone else had this question, we could refer them to this post. I appreciate the great comments and the amazing support. As always I will continue to donate to the clan, until I leave. I hope this post will aid those in understanding why monthly donations are a good thing. I appreciated the maturity and the constructive feedback.

If you see fit, you may rather sticky the post somewhere, lock it, or keep it open for further discussion.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:44 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7755650
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Not sure if we changed the ruling on this or not, but in our FAQ it says $30 plus $10 monthly.

I would like you to specify that rule too Corn.. :-)
THE 'One & Only'True ~ Mr. Hãbîbì
We buy things we don't need, With money we don't have, To impress people we don't like

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:21 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:53873342
Yiggles Moto wrote:

The FAQ was updated to reflect that a few months ago. It previously said it was unavailable to purchase a TeamSpeak channel.
admin he is doing it sideways

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:23 am 
Staff
Legend
Shen Li wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:

The FAQ was updated to reflect that a few months ago. It previously said it was unavailable to purchase a TeamSpeak channel.

Kharn wrote:

4. I would need to go back and check, but if you did indeed donate $30 initially for the channel, then you should have three months of use if this is the case and it just wasn't noticed then sorry, and we'll have to go back and check.

I was referencing where Kharn said this. Making it seem like it's only $10 a month with no initial charge?
-No Pity For A Coward-
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:24 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:53873342
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:

Kharn wrote:

4. I would need to go back and check, but if you did indeed donate $30 initially for the channel, then you should have three months of use if this is the case and it just wasn't noticed then sorry, and we'll have to go back and check.

I was referencing where Kharn said this. Making it seem like it's only $10 a month with no initial charge?

Correct. I'll reword it now to clarify any issues.
admin he is doing it sideways

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:01 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42551787
Shen Li wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:

Kharn wrote:

The real question is when did he actually say this? Will we change the rule to this?
Vivre la vie!

ACT OF VALOR
In valor there is hope

Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength
- Eric Hoffer

We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like.

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:02 am 
Staff
Legend
Bourne wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:

Kharn wrote:

The real question is when did he actually say this? Will we change the rule to this?

clanfaq.php#faq_58

Apparently.
-No Pity For A Coward-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:04 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42551787
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Shen Li wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:

Kharn wrote:

clanfaq.php#faq_58

Apparently.

Just to throw this on there. I think it should stay as if we have way to many private channels and people sit in their own channel with there friends and discuss stuff behind other people's backs and that drives people apart.
Vivre la vie!

ACT OF VALOR
In valor there is hope

Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength
- Eric Hoffer

We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like.

Spoiler: Show

New Topic Post Reply  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next