Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:43 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Needy wrote:
Siberiac wrote:
Mootinie wrote:
Could you set up the plugin to work as a queued system, perhaps? Simplistic is warden, I'm a CT, I type !w and I am entered into the plugin automatically to take warden at the start of the next round.

Could you program it so nobody can ever be warden two rounds running? The only exception being that they can claim it at the start of the round when nobody else has queued themselves.

Or is this a bad idea? :P

To be honest I just lurk here now. It's definitely possible to carry stuff over like that, but as always, people don't care about variety. If we added !warden they wouldn't be able to rush their rush and yell over people to get warden.

Sadly the idea of adding any programming to improve a system on a server is usually frowned upon if the community is given a choice in the matter at all. I understand the frustration of change, but I don't understand the bullish ideology of the masses to hinder progress in the name of nostalgia.

We actually have !w now to choose a warden :P

Moot hits on the main problem i was talking about. With the correct bind someone can pretty much grantee they get warden every time with anyone else have a chance.

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:39 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:3505641
if someone is hogging warden and there are other cts who want to warden. warn the ct team to share warden then fire the warden if he/she keeps taking it and if there no other cts who want to take it. having the same warden for multiple rounds isn't a bad thing but a 5 second delay is bad and will result in free kills being that cts who run out of armoury will kill t's out of cell with out a freeze order being given because the one ct who will taken warden has to wait to call it . just remember how we use to hand out warden when two+ people yelled out orders admins deiced who was warden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:12 am 
Community Member
Legend
WalterWhite wrote:
if someone is hogging warden and there are other cts who want to warden. warn the ct team to share warden then fire the warden if he/she keeps taking it and if there no other cts who want to take it. having the same warden for multiple rounds isn't a bad thing but a 5 second delay is bad and will result in free kills being that cts who run out of armoury will kill t's out of cell with out a freeze order being given because the one ct who will taken warden has to wait to call it . just remember how we use to hand out warden when two+ people yelled out orders admins deiced who was warden

Geez dude i just threw out the 5 sec number. We could do 1-2sec and it work work just fine. We already established how to admin it but what i was saying is a plug-in would make much easier, reliable, and available when admins are offline.

1-2 second delay would be more than enough to let someone else grab it if they wanted and would not affect gameplay at all.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:29 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
Even 5 seconds wouldn't affect gameplay. What is a prisoner possibly doing in armory but rebelling? What are they doing if they're brandishing the p228 that's in garage? What are they doing if they're rushing to the deagle or scout in pool?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:45 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Mootinie wrote:
Even 5 seconds wouldn't affect gameplay. What is a prisoner possibly doing in armory but rebelling? What are they doing if they're brandishing the p228 that's in garage? What are they doing if they're rushing to the deagle or scout in pool?

then u should kill every T that detours/delays a little bit aswell?
as u say: "what are they doing then?"

it's not as simple as that, if u going to play like that it wouldn't really differ from an mfk.
u would just be hoarding kills for yourself and nobody would have fun.
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:52 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
5 seconds plus the amount of time that it takes for someone to take warden, see that they have it, and gives the first order is more than enough to get out of your cell and next to vending machine. If someone doesn't have a good enough reflex to take warden in 2 seconds then they aren't even paying attention.
Snapchat: Rozavelt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:57 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
Terminator wrote:
Mootinie wrote:

it's not as simple as that, if u going to play like that it wouldn't really differ from an mfk.

How is what I'm saying any different to the first order always being "out of cells, freeze"?

If you take a secret during regular gameplay, like the three I've described in my previous post, you would instantly be considered a rebel and a guard would kill you on sight. Why is it any different because orders haven't been given yet?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:21 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Mootinie wrote:
Terminator wrote:
Mootinie wrote:

How is what I'm saying any different to the first order always being "out of cells, freeze"?

If you take a secret during regular gameplay, like the three I've described in my previous post, you would instantly be considered a rebel and a guard would kill you on sight. Why is it any different because orders haven't been given yet?

I just wanted to say that if u take things so strict u wound get gameplay anymore and just ct killing t
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:49 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Mootinie wrote:
Terminator wrote:
Mootinie wrote:

this is a moot point (no pun intended) as you too are in the end just arguing over 2 and 5 seconds. 2 seconds is more than enough time and would not disrupt gameplay. you both seem to not have a problem with the plugin as a whole.

p.s. moot you should go over the rules again because u could'it kill those dudes anyway but it really does'it matter pm me if you want me to explain why not in more depth.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:28 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
I mean could consider having a limit on how many times you can get warden. Maybe like twice in a row most then give others a chance? Just an idea and I'm sure people will keep track if they want their turn.

Ignorance is bliss

New Topic Post Reply  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next