New Topic Post Reply  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:26 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:73025945
Here's a perspective to maybe consider: if there's debate about what orders can and can't be done we should just think of it as "If you can still do what simon says, then still do what simon says"
So with the whole crouch thing, simon told you to freeze. you are still able to crouch while you're frozen so stay crouched, but if simon told you to continuously jump and simon told you to freeze, part of freeze is that you are UNABLE to jump because then you'd be unfrozen.

Also alot of the justification that people use on server is when they start the game they specifically say "simon saysdon't do anything simon doesn't tell you to do" and by that logic they then tell the T's they killed that "simon didn't tell you to stand up"

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:45 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24921937
Sugoni wrote:
I mean a general response to alot of the viewpoints shared in this thread: Isn't the point of simon says to try and catch people out in the first place?

Completely true, however the point of this thread is to clarify something which really can be simple but the way its being used in my opinion contradicts definitions of certain actions. Like when the order "freeze" is given you can make any wasd movements but can crouch, look around, flash your flashlight. When the order to "crouch" is given then you are to be crouched until the warden makes a new order.

Now lets add simon says to the mix. Simon tells you to do something until he says otherwise or you die. Now simon says jump. You jump. Singular jump since Simon never said to keep jumping or said jumps. Now simon says crouch. You stayed crouch, then simon says do 360s and you do 360s.

Now on top of ALL of what simon said previously, simon says FREEZE. Clearly on freeze you can't be jumping anymore even though simon never said to stop jumping. And by definition of how "Freeze" is used you CAN be crouched but do NOT have to be crouched as freeze limits "WASD" movements. It also means you can choose to look where you want, use your knife, or even use your flashlight. Now you get killed because you uncrouched because simon says freeze....to me it does not logically follow that you can kill a T for not doing ANY of the prior simon says orders since "freeze" means what it means.

Either we change the definition of freeze to clear specificity or make this clear.

Yiggles Moto wrote:
ajescorcia025 wrote:
Just to be honest it’s kinda assholish to Simon says freeze after saying Simon says crouch, do 360, etc then killing the Ts who froze.

To put another spin on this debate, if Simon says to jump, then Simon says do 360s, and then Simon says to freeze what happens?? Seems unreasonable to kill if a T stopped jumping.

A T that's jumping is moving on the Z axis though and not frozen? I'm not sure why it's unreasonable to kill someone who didn't follow the order

Yiggles my whole issue is using "simon says freeze" after simon told Ts to crouch. If by definition of freeze you CAN be crouching but do NOT have to be crouching, it then makes the simon says crouch invalid. The example i gave with simon says jumping is more of the situation I am trying to address, simon told you to jump then simon says freeze, you get killed for not jumping since simon never said to stop jumping. This is the technicality I'm trying to address as its popped up a lot this past weekend.

This goes with what Cooper what saying earlier....and believe me Needy I totally want Warden to be simple, I've made and changed rules in my own community too where it was getting to be a 5 page word document, but situations like this pop up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:42 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
i see it pretty simple tho

"simon says crouch and remain crouched at all times" (forces u to stay crouched untill he says otherwise or are unable to do so)
"simon says do 360's at all times" (forces u to do 360's untill he says otherwise or are unable to do so)
"simon says jump and remain jumping at all times" (forces u to jump untill said otherwise or unable to)
"simon says freeze" (meaning no moving along x,y or z axis crouching exempt)

so if i get it right this means u are still able to crouch, since you are still allowed to do so as per the freeze definition.
doing 360's is also allowed since freeze means u can still look around
ONLY THING that you are unable to do per the last order of simon is jumping, since the definition restricts it.

thats the only thing u shouldn't be ding anymore since you are unable to
if the warden/ct kills u for not jumping thats a freekill.
if the ct kills u for uncrouching thats a legit kill
if they kil u for not doing 360's thats a legit kill

*these are in my opinion for clarification*

it's kind of like "all t's crouch at all times"
and then the warden says 'go to my spray and freeze"....u first crouch to his spray and then freeze but remain crouching like he said (only difference here is that ct's need to give a warning)
1 order doesnt have to disable another, unless it conflicts with a previous order

if it conflicts the last order stands in my view.
it's not wordplay, its just thinking logically and listening to the warden.
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:49 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
Terminator wrote:
"simon says crouch and remain crouched at all times" (forces u to stay crouched untill he says otherwise or are unable to do so)
"simon says do 360's at all times" (forces u to do 360's untill he says otherwise or are unable to do so)
"simon says jump and remain jumping at all times" (forces u to jump untill said otherwise or unable to)

This.

If a "regular freeze" order does not affect crouching, why should Ts uncrouch when they were given a perpetual order to do so, and were not told to uncrouch or given an order that affects crouching?
Snapchat: Rozavelt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:11 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24921937
Uchies wrote:
Terminator wrote:

This.

If a "regular freeze" order does not affect crouching, why should Ts uncrouch when they were given a perpetual order to do so, and were not told to uncrouch or given an order that affects crouching?

Because you can uncrouch when warden says freeze or remain crouched. Yeah warden said simon says coruch before hand but the freeze order kinda stops it and technically can uncrouch. As appplied with that logic as a perpetual order that it would mean as warden you can kill Ts who keep jumping when simon says to freeze after previously saying simon says jump.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:14 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:3505641
when someone calls a simons says freeze command then by a detention of freeze which is don't move the the x and y axis so id the other simons says orders aren't breaking the freeze command then the t's must do them unless it more then 3 continues orders. also theirs no need to say simon says crouch and remain crouching because there is no order to stand up remember simon says is game about listening and doing exactly what simon says orders are being given and nothing more or less

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:15 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:3505641
ajescorcia025 wrote:
Uchies wrote:
Terminator wrote:

This.

Because you can uncrouch when warden says freeze or remain crouched. Yeah warden said simon says coruch before hand but the freeze order kinda stops it and technically can uncrouch. As appplied with that logic as a perpetual order that it would mean as warden you can kill Ts who keep jumping when simon says to freeze after previously saying simon says jump.

by uncrouching you're adding to the order and that is killable in simon says

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:16 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Terminator wrote:

so if i get it right this means u are still able to crouch, since you are still allowed to do so as per the freeze definition.
ONLY THING that you are unable to do per the last order of simon is jumping, since the definition restricts it.

and then the warden says 'go to my spray and freeze"....u first crouch to his spray and then freeze but remain crouching like he said (only difference here is that ct's need to give a warning)
1 order doesnt have to disable another, unless it conflicts with a previous order

How would you respond if a CT were to say "crouch to my spray" and freeze. Would you take that as a remain crouched? Or able to freely uncrouch being given the order "freeze".

Would you also take that as a "never said uncrouch"?

If you think of it each round is really just one big Simon Says game but without the "Simon"
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:19 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:16728863
Needy wrote:
Terminator wrote:

How would you respond if a CT were to say "crouch to my spray" and freeze. Would you take that as a remain crouched? Or able to freely uncrouch being given the order "freeze".

If you think of it each round is really just one big Simon Says game but without the "Simon"

"Crouch to my spray" not "crouch to my spray and remain crouched" so they crouch there, then they can uncrouch, as they have completed the first part of the order

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:32 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Dyno wrote:
Needy wrote:
Spoiler: Show

"Crouch to my spray" not "crouch to my spray and remain crouched" so they crouch there, then they can uncrouch, as they have completed the first part of the order

My point exactly. The OP has written "simon says crouch & continue to do 360s" not remain crouched, followed by "simon says freeze".

By this statement, you would be allowed to freely uncrouch unless ordered to remain crouched.

"Simon says crouch and remained crouched" "Simon says freeze" can't move along w x y z axis though would have to remain crouched by Terminators logic which is practicable
"Simon says crouch" would have to remain crouched "Simon says freeze" able to freely uncrouch as followed by the previous statement
"Simon says continue jumping" "Simon says freeze" T's would have to stop jumping because you can't move from z to y
"Simon says do 360s at all times" "Simon says freeze" must continue to do 360s as by definition freeze only affects w x y z

What it seems to come down to is well first & foremost, specify if you want T's to remain crouched or not. And second off, play by definition "you may not move along the x, y or z axis (crouch is exempt)" without adding any variations of "this means I can now use my flashlight, knife my knife, so on"
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

New Topic Post Reply  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next