1, 2, 3
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:56 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
koolaid wrote:
Link wrote:
It’s funny we have a rule that says no meta gaming, but people are gonna just do it naturally on JB. That’s how the game has been played for years.

Which is why I say it's un-enforceable and should be re-worded or nullified

+1 +1
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:33 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
Uchies wrote:
-Audio cues, such as movement inside water-filled secrets.

This is incorrect - this is quite literally the definition of meta-gaming. Hearing someone in water does not automatically allow you to know that someone is in a vent that you now suddenly know the location of. You do not know about secrets, so you cannot know where exactly they would be.
Uchies wrote:
Wardays.
When a warden calls a warday, the elements and rules of gameplay change. For a warday round, the server basically turns into a team deathmatch, and the set of warday rules are applied. The NMG rule does not alter gameplay during wardays. After warday has expanded, CT's may openly check secrets to kill terrorists.

Also incorrect. Wardays are not exempt from any rules. Nothing is implied.

I'd like to explain this further but I've been so damn busy. Will do as soon as I can.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:39 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15637141
mattlikespie wrote:
Uchies wrote:

This is incorrect - this is quite literally the definition of meta-gaming. Hearing someone in water does not automatically allow you to know that someone is in a vent that you now suddenly know the location of. You do not know about secrets, so you cannot know where exactly they would be.
Uchies wrote:
Wardays.
When a warden calls a warday, the elements and rules of gameplay change. For a warday round, the server basically turns into a team deathmatch, and the set of warday rules are applied. The NMG rule does not alter gameplay during wardays. After warday has expanded, CT's may openly check secrets to kill terrorists.

I'd like to explain this further but I've been so damn busy. Will do as soon as I can.

Lol Ive been told by staff + multiple times AND in the last meeting more specifically, that is correct.
We all gotta get on the same page here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:50 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17299991
mattlikespie wrote:
Uchies wrote:

This is so stupid.. I literally hear the T walking towards armory in Carceris but i have to stay at the cells to wait for him to kill me??? I know where he is so i have to be like; oh we are missing one, i heard the water but im not suppose to know where it leads so il check soccer to see if he might be there?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:50 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
mattlikespie wrote:
Uchies wrote:

Uchies wrote:
Wardays.

If this is true then that rule can fuck off. It has been explained before that once a terrorist is heard that they're fucked. I'm not going to sit with my thumb up my ass because we're pretending it's an RPG. I have to pretend my character doesn't know about vents and would brush off hearing someone run through them? Nah, sorry, I just rolled a d20 on perception this round I know where everything is.

And Wardays we can't check secrets/know they're there?

Any other restrictions you want to add to the team hardly nobody wants to be on anyways?
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:01 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Uchies wrote:
koolaid wrote:
Okay let me re-phrase that. "Run to soccer expecting to intercept a T who went through disco, or run to colors room expecting T to use vending passage."

But I specifically said you could only do that if you know the T took the secret.

The server used to allow you to go to the secrets for no reason, just to check.

With this rule, you have to have a reason.

This rule should make you feel better about your concerns?

[Edit] This rule has effectively put restrictions on CT's checking secrets. If you want them even more restrictive, you'll have to take that up before an admin meeting.

Uchies wrote:
The server used to allow you to go to the secrets for no reason, just to check.

With this rule, you have to have a reason.

ok for 1) i believe we already had a rule "ct's play your role" (not exactly what i said but thats what it means)
so what u said there is a little wrong since ct's should do theire job and randomly running around isnt theire job, is it?
like, this rule doesn't really add anything to the ct role that wasn't already there

Uchies wrote:
Link wrote:
Still don't see how you're gonna stop people from sitting by garage door waiting to kill Ts that teleport.

There's already a rule for that. CT's are supposed to be fulfilling their duties. CT's sitting in garage for no reason are not fulfilling their duties.

Simple.

just wanna say this..... i can sit with my awp/ak/m4 in front of garage door or at fountain and when i see a T jump in the secret to garage i just walk 1 step and pop him in the head, so basically in that case it doesn't rlly matter wether i sit in garage or right outside the door (exept u would be breaking the rule).
but as he said BY GARAGE DOOR and not in, i believe that sitting BY garage door waiting for t's to use tp IS ALLOWED and u can do it..... but as u said, they shouldn't be in theire for no reason.

Yiggles Moto wrote:
mattlikespie wrote:
Uchies wrote:

Uchies wrote:
Wardays.

If this is true then that rule can fuck off. It has been explained before that once a terrorist is heard that they're fucked. I'm not going to sit with my thumb up my ass because we're pretending it's an RPG. I have to pretend my character doesn't know about vents and would brush off hearing someone run through them? Nah, sorry, I just rolled a d20 on perception this round I know where everything is.

And Wardays we can't check secrets/know they're there?

Any other restrictions you want to add to the team hardly nobody wants to be on anyways?

kinda what yiggles said....

so you actually hear somebody running in the water of vents and see that a T is missing and u should just look the other way and let u get shot before u can act upon it? or should we just pretend like we don't know where the shot came from? and then we die and we still dont know where the shot came from and so on untill every T rebels and then the CT's will lose every round untill nobody wants to play ct anymore because u never win and u can't help it?

like i wonder how u explain this:

RPG?

oh well, im pretty sure that guards in actual jails go look for the thing/person that made a weird noice and don't stop looking where it came from untill they found it and eliminated it. and just in case: YES, GUARDS KNOW THEIRE JAIL LIKE IT'S THEIRE OWN HOUSE SO THEY KNOW WHERE WATER IS AND WHERE EVERYTHING LEADS TO

u can't RPG?

well if we dont RPG then theire shouldn't be a problem with us checking where the sound came from.

play your role?

im pretty sure it is our CT role to look for a missing T in the direction we heard a sound from, no?

like,cmon.....why make it so difficult

i didn't make it to the admin meeting so i don't have any say in the rule choices, but jesus christ this rule is made up so horribly wrong. would be way easier to remove it since the other rules already cover what this means in my opinion
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:34 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
Nick Cage wrote:
mattlikespie wrote:
Uchies wrote:

Uchies wrote:
Wardays.

Lol Ive been told by staff + multiple times AND in the last meeting more specifically, that is correct.
We all gotta get on the same page here.

I was also told differently, and remember it being agreed upon that if you hear someone running in the vent in spy.v.spy you can go after them.

Also, I didn't say there were no rules on wardays, I said the rules are different. This was also covered in the meeting, that you can check the secrets for the T's, since you can't "rebel" on a warday. Same thing with the "talking over warden" rule not being enforced on a warday.
Snapchat: Rozavelt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:03 pm 
EgN Member
Terminator wrote:
oh well, im pretty sure that guards in actual jails go look for the thing/person that made a weird noice and don't stop looking where it came from untill they found it and eliminated it. and just in case: YES, GUARDS KNOW THEIRE JAIL LIKE IT'S THEIRE OWN HOUSE SO THEY KNOW WHERE WATER IS AND WHERE EVERYTHING LEADS TO

im pretty sure it is our CT role to look for a missing T in the direction we heard a sound from, no?n

This. It was also told to me by Staff+ that CT's could travel through secrets after warday has expanded.

Anyways, I never claimed to be the arbiter of knowledge for this. I'm just simply recalling what has been told to me by Staff, and how the majority of admins have been enforcing it. But I'll remove the two parts Matt pointed out until there is concrete consensus.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:17 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382
This rule is clearly too controversial and I feel it should be removed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:19 pm 
EgN Member
KRYPTiC wrote:
This rule is clearly too controversial and I feel it should be removed.

Yeah, I mean, the "check secrets for active rebellers" revision fixed the only problem I had anyway.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3