1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:21 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42385346
Phillip wrote:
Wartheft wrote:
The funny thing is that a few years ago, around the time Sloppy, Caboose, and myself were all higher ups, anytime someone donated and got admin we ran them through a small bit of information that's actually still in the FAQ/Knowledge Base section of the forums. The only difference now is that, even though all of the information is still there, none of the higher ups do that anymore.

Yeah you're highly mistaken.. When i set up anyone admin they're given all the information and a walk through before they're given admin by myself.

"Highly mistaken"

Yet as far as can be seen, if you do actually do such, that's only a single higher up doing it compared to the several we have. Hardly "highly mistaken."

EgN always had problems with either A) new admins not being instructed properly (Which was actually well fixed for a time with Caboose's admin school) or B) long-time wrongful admins somehow still having their admin abilities because god forbid anyone ever gets punished in this community anymore.

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own."
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

"The wounds of love can only be healed by the person who made them."
~Publius Syrus

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
~Winston Churchill

<17:26:05> "Wartheft": Sneakin into mah channel
<17:26:11> "Sibblet": xD
<17:26:12> "Wartheft": Snatchin my fedoras up
<17:26:21> "Sibblet": I ate your fedoras, my apologies
<17:26:21> "Wartheft": I see how it be
<17:26:26> "Wartheft": YOU WHAT
<17:26:29> "Wartheft": Q.Q
<17:26:30> "Sibblet": NOTHING
<17:26:32> "Sibblet": >_>
<17:26:34> "Sibblet": <_<

<20:57:43> "GirlWithAGun": (ง'̀-'́)ง fight me
<20:58:06> "Wartheft": Q('.'Q) Let's go
<20:58:23> "GirlWithAGun": lol
<20:58:33> "Wartheft": (o.o)O=('.'Q) Take that
<20:59:35> "GirlWithAGun": ow D:

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:27 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
Wartheft wrote:
Phillip wrote:
Wartheft wrote:
The funny thing is that a few years ago, around the time Sloppy, Caboose, and myself were all higher ups, anytime someone donated and got admin we ran them through a small bit of information that's actually still in the FAQ/Knowledge Base section of the forums. The only difference now is that, even though all of the information is still there, none of the higher ups do that anymore.

Yeah you're highly mistaken.. When i set up anyone admin they're given all the information and a walk through before they're given admin by myself.

"Highly mistaken"

Yet as far as can be seen, if you do actually do such, that's only a single higher up doing it compared to the several we have. Hardly "highly mistaken."

Maybe he thinks your high on crack?
And I never got training, I feel left out.

But I do think a more condensed thread with all the info a new admin needs would help, especially if we kept re-making it so new admins could ask questions if they are confused. (I'm sure we have a few threads around, but no "admin only" section with all the info in one spot.

and another thought, I believe we are just talking about JB but we have more than that as a server, so if poeple wanna admin on other servers it would be good to have threads in place, even if they don't full understand the none-JB server rules.
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:36 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:3505641
I've said in multiple regular meetings and admin meeting that we should bring back our admin school in order for anyone to get admin they need to go through it and all current members who have admin should attend to it but they shut that idea down.
I said it should be more of schooling then a quiz and other idea was that we should make a list of the most common problems a admin can run in to and how to solve the problem and how to hand sensitisation on the servers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:34 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:230517
The idea that any admin is given rights without any guidance is simply false.

My opinion: The philosophy these days has gone more from an 'easy come easy go' sort of deal from what it once was. That is, more people have gotten a chance to 'prove' they have what it takes to be an admin. However, multiple members have lost admin (few permanently) for breaking the rules. The punishments for breaking the rules of admin have gotten harsher and will continue to do so for as long as people continue to fuck up.

Believe me when I say that I have absolutely no issue removing anyone's admin... not matter how long they have been in the community.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:03 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23025 yw

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:09 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:48078434
#AdminLivesMatter
Mr. Kharn wrote:
It's fucking Jail-Break, not fucking Auschwitz-Simulator.

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:24 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:83040529
Jimmah wrote:

Jimmah I was given 0 guidance just saying... like none at all whatsoever. :shock:
I am not saying that the higher ups are lazy or doing a bad job, I enjoyed learning the ropes on my own. But I would never have gotten my admin removed if there was some sort of quick training session.

When I finally got my admin, I was very hesitant to use any of my powers because I had no idea what would be abusing.
I think I should have dug through the website more to find that one thread on how to admin, I agree. However, I soon learned that every admin has different styles, some will ban 3 people in 10 minutes for slightly mic spamming after they give a server warning, others will just completely ignore everything that goes on.

-and also on a side note since I lost my admin I have been playing for hours seeing stuff that I could be admining, like freekills its painful tcry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:23 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61648787
jedi wrote:
Jimmah wrote:

Jimmah I was given 0 guidance just saying... like none at all whatsoever. :shock:
I am not saying that the higher ups are lazy or doing a bad job, I enjoyed learning the ropes on my own. But I would never have gotten my admin removed if there was some sort of quick training session.

When I finally got my admin, I was very hesitant to use any of my powers because I had no idea what would be abusing.
I think I should have dug through the website more to find that one thread on how to admin, I agree. However, I soon learned that every admin has different styles, some will ban 3 people in 10 minutes for slightly mic spamming after they give a server warning, others will just completely ignore everything that goes on.

-and also on a side note since I lost my admin I have been playing for hours seeing stuff that I could be admining, like freekills its painful tcry

You don't deserve to be an administrator on any server if you're incapable of asking how to admin. Literally all you had to do was ask a higher up and they'd tell you. Lame excuse you got here pal.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:40 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17614766
i got admin after you. i ask for help whenever i dont know something. i still have my admin. goldgames offered to help you. you decided to be a smartass and fucked with him. how do you expect to be helped?
1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Faggot [ X ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:47 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42551787
Wartheft wrote:
Phillip wrote:
Wartheft wrote:

"Highly mistaken"

EgN always had problems with either A) new admins not being instructed properly (Which was actually well fixed for a time with Caboose's admin school) or B) long-time wrongful admins somehow still having their admin abilities because god forbid anyone ever gets punished in this community anymore.

I always did when I gave out admin as a staff. I've asked the staff(who's job it is to handle admin apps and such) to talk to the people before giving them admin. Run them through the rules and see if they can admin before actually going ahead and giving it to them. Even just give them all the information that Matt so nicely made for us. All that stuff is already there the staff just don't point the members to it.

Maybe going forward we can change that.
Trust me I don't care what your rank was in EgN at a stage or at this moment. If you fuck around with admin or break rules I'm more than happy to punish you for it. You can even break section rules on the forums while saying the right thing, doesn't matter if it's not your place to say it you'll be punished.
Vivre la vie!

ACT OF VALOR
In valor there is hope

Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength
- Eric Hoffer

We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like.

Spoiler: Show

New Topic Locked  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next