We should add this rule. 52%  52%  [ 11 ]
We should not add this rule. 48%  48%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 21
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:55 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:97829144
:!:

The rule that should be added into Jailbreak: " A CT cannot kill his own teammates and vice versa."

I personally think that this should be passed because some admins and staff make team killing not an issue since its not in the rules and some admins and staff make it an issue to team kill since there are rules that resemble team killing. For example, if I team killed and an admin said that it's against the rules, he would probably bring up the rule about not being an asshole. I think that this rule should pass so that there would be less confusion and that all admins and staff are following in the same page instead of assuming what this issue leads from their perspective. I'm gonna add a poll just to see if people agree with me or no.

:!:

Social 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:06 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:433420658
"Play your role as a guard"

Is your role on that team to kill your teammates?

I allow it depending how it's done. If the ct is in say laser camping a secret/ armory no no.
If he tells his teammate to jump in a lava pit to get low grav and the guy does it well that sucks for him.

If the ct is in deathrun with the ts and they don't kill him the other cts by all means can try and kill him with an obstical. Pending warden discretion.

Lead Inspector at EgN Inquisitorial Squad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:39 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
SemiAutoNoob wrote:
"Play your role as a guard"

Is your role on that team to kill your teammates?

I allow it depending how it's done. If the ct is in say laser camping a secret/ armory no no.
If he tells his teammate to jump in a lava pit to get low grav and the guy does it well that sucks for him.

If the ct is in deathrun with the ts and they don't kill him the other cts by all means can try and kill him with an obstical. Pending warden discretion.

I see where you are coming from but, then again it would be better to add this rule because it will make it less confusing. I've still come across many admins that don't CT ban people for doing this simply because they say it's not in the rule. Also, should T's kill T's? Like for example the laser thing in the space map, If a T uses that laser and shoots it at another T.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:02 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
No...play your role as a guard..like semi said, guards in a prison don't go around killing each other for the hell of it. It's a simple understanding and honestly any admin that lets this by should be reported imo....albeit its reasonable i.e like not some special circumstance like semi described. If anything, this poll/rule should reflect that of terrorists...members keep trying to tell me T's are allowed to Teamkill, but I tell them its not. I believe it to be a part of "don't be an asshole," like you said, but not all other veterans/admins feel this way. Hence, the gameplay is always different depending on the admin and its annoying as hell, especially when I'm on with another veteran that feels the opposite as I do.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:27 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20347559
There is already a rule on team killing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:29 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17614766
mattlikespie10 wrote:
No...play your role as a guard..like semi said, guards in a prison don't go around killing each other for the hell of it. It's a simple understanding and honestly any admin that lets this by should be reported imo....albeit its reasonable i.e like not some special circumstance like semi described. If anything, this poll/rule should reflect that of terrorists...members keep trying to tell me T's are allowed to Teamkill, but I tell them its not. I believe it to be a part of "don't be an asshole," like you said, but not all other veterans/admins feel this way. Hence, the gameplay is always different depending on the admin and its annoying as hell, especially when I'm on with another veteran that feels the opposite as I do.

if youre basing it on that logic, T's in a prison DO go around killing each other. when i say T i mean prisoner. T's kill other T's for being the wrong race. they kill snitches. they kill for not speaking the same langauge. they kill for the crime that got them incarcerated ie]child molesters, wife beaters.

If T are told to "line up shoulder to shoulder smallest group dies at 5" and a T thats 4th from the end runs to the other side of the line at 5:02, warden would kill the 3 thats at the end at 5 and no admin will do anything even tho the T that ran would be an asshole along with the warden that kills the 3 Ts knowing that the 3 at the end didnt have enough time to close the gap. does that mean we should start flexing on them as well?

My interpretation of the rule is that it was intended for the actual players demeanor while they are in the server like mic spamming, giving admins a hard time, being demeaning to a certain group which is why i also believe rule 6 and 10 should have been merged if anything.

heres another thread not too long ago regarding this issue and why there isnt a rule
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22866
1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Faggot [ X ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:40 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Black Knight wrote:
There is already a rule on team killing

Not specifically.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:42 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
xnyc wrote:
mattlikespie10 wrote:

if youre basing it on that logic, T's in a prison DO go around killing each other. when i say T i mean prisoner. T's kill other T's for being the wrong race. they kill snitches. they kill for not speaking the same langauge. they kill for the crime that got them incarcerated ie]child molesters, wife beaters.

If T are told to "line up shoulder to shoulder smallest group dies at 5" and a T thats 4th from the end runs to the other side of the line at 5:02, warden would kill the 3 thats at the end at 5 and no admin will do anything even tho the T that ran would be an asshole along with the warden that kills the 3 Ts knowing that the 3 at the end didnt have enough time to close the gap. does that mean we should start flexing on them as well?

My interpretation of the rule is that it was intended for the actual players demeanor while they are in the server like mic spamming, giving admins a hard time, being demeaning to a certain group which is why i also believe rule 6 and 10 should have been merged if anything.

heres another thread not too long ago regarding this issue and why there isnt a rule

And I don't think we are on the same page, I'm referring to teamkilling in a physical, direct, enforceable sense, not indirectly, where the T gets killed by a CT because if another T

Yea you've got some good points, and I've re read that entire laser post, but all I'm gunna say is: So CTs, as we know, can mow down the terrorists with their m249 for no reason and get perm banned. Why? Cause it's mass freekill. Why is mass freekill not allowed? Because it's against the rule "don't freekill." Why can't CTs freekill? Because it means CTs would randomly kill terrorists trying to play the game, and if they die, well then they can't play the game. We even restart the round by slaying the CTs so everyone can play again. I think we can agree if you are going to MFK, you are an asshole. So what's the difference when a T does it? What's the difference when a T sits in the laser and kills the same amount of terrorists for no reason? Well it's not a freekill because it's a T, so it's not MFK. Well it'll probably be funny as hell, well I think real MFKs are funny too but that doesn't stop me from banning. So what's the difference? How can you just sit and let that slide, when it's allowed only because the terrorist chose the right team?

And no more of the "to get LR" bullshit, we don't let the survivor of an mfk get lr, so we should instead let the MFKer? Lol. "Role play," yea sure whatever. If anyone gunna use that card then you should be advocating for friendly fire before you use it against me, cause I know someone will.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:52 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19547824
mattlikespie10 wrote:
xnyc wrote:
mattlikespie10 wrote:

And I don't think we are on the same page, I'm referring to teamkilling in a physical, direct, enforceable sense, not indirectly, where the T gets killed by a CT because if another T

Yea you've got some good points, and I've re read that entire laser post, but all I'm gunna say is: So CTs, as we know, can mow down the terrorists with their m249 for no reason and get perm banned. Why? Cause it's mass freekill. Why is mass freekill not allowed? Because it's against the rule "don't freekill." Why can't CTs freekill? Because it means CTs would randomly kill terrorists trying to play the game, and if they die, well then they can't play the game. We even restart the round by slaying the CTs so everyone can play again. I think we can agree if you are going to MFK, you are an asshole. So what's the difference when a T does it? What's the difference when a T sits in the laser and kills the same amount of terrorists for no reason? Well it's not a freekill because it's a T, so it's not MFK. Well it'll probably be funny as hell, well I think real MFKs are funny too but that doesn't stop me from banning. So what's the difference? How can you just sit and let that slide, when it's allowed only because the terrorist chose the right team?

And no more of the "to get LR" bullshit, we don't let the survivor of an mfk get lr, so we should instead let the MFKer? Lol. "Role play," yea sure whatever. If anyone gunna use that card then you should be advocating for friendly fire before you use it against me, cause I know someone will.

Nickolas Magnus wrote:
Mr Majestic wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Murdering everything one they can is definitely them role playing

Understandable, yet, it's still being an asshole.

if they are to play their role as a prisoner, then in character they are permitted to do assholeish things that a prisoner would do. even if he was the last t alive, he could either...

A. be pardoned and granted lr
B. marked as a rebeller and have the KOS order placed on him
C. the guards will get killed by the laser

I fully understand why it would fall under the "dont be an asshole" rule, however, this would mostly fall under the highest ranking admin who is on the server's decision. if he feels that team killing is being dickish, then he can respond as such. If he feels there is nothing wrong with it, then that's the end of the story.

The easiest way to resolve this is to simply have a "no team killing" rule. the problem is, we rarely ever go on a map where team killing is even an option. the only known examples I am aware of are...

The laser
the elevator on canyon dam (jumping on a persons head while the elevator goes up)

There are only a very few maps where team killing without modifying the friendly fire option is even possible.

Prison shankings are a thing

Ts using secrets are a thing

Ts using secrets to play the role of a prisoner is a thing.

MFK is not the same as a t killing his team. why? because he is eliminating other Ts for his chance at lr. as a prisoner, he is playing his role. now, this would also be up to the highest ranking admin's decision at the time. so if you feel a t sing a laser to kill other ts is bad, respond acordingly and explain as to why. In my opinion, ts can use secrets, if they can use a secret that will help them play their role, all the power to them.

If a ct dos any of the sort to a t, be it laser or elevator, it is a freekill. laser specifically would be freekilling/ armory camping.

So yes, adding a simple and cut friendly fire rule will just make things easier, it would be a constant legal battle and a constant fight of " I'm playing my role" vs "dont be an asshole" .

If ya get teamkilled, deal with it, it's just a game. try to kill him next round if possible.
"Well before your time sport."
"Addoroth will rise again!"
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:34 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
Teamkilling is not allowed on the CT side at all. It is their responsibility to play their role and keep their team alive to win the round.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

New Topic Locked  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next