>> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: EgN
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:21 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40875182
Ryan wrote:
Yeah well in some cases not much can be done, as we need more people to populate servers in general, which no one does as all they do is play jailbreak.

However, I would like to say that we have literally 0 active managers. Anstrez, Walter and Phillip aren't going to be doing anything any time soon. Dodge Charger says he will do something but actually won't. Semiautonoob is active-ish i suppose, but there hasn't been any major changes and it took a while to fix the admin issue on TTT. Not criticizing him for that as I wouldn't know what i'm doing on gmod servers, but did take long enough for people to get bored and stop populating it due to RDM'ers (main problem with TTT rn is not enough admins, more people should ask for it).

This also links in with Staff+ not really "enforcing" or being more strict with managers. Phillip had a month or two to get his DarkRP server up to scratch, and everyone pitched in to populate it, and it actually worked for a while, but then it was neglected with no essential updates making the whole thing kind of a grind with nothing to do. Staff+ should really take more interest in other servers than jailbreak, and not just the steam message to get on jailbreak to ban someone, or the odd ban report where they need to step in. That's the only thing i've seen them do, which I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as I know they probably don't need to advertise what they do 24/7. I get that life gets in the way a lot, however I know some people have both work and school/college/uni and still manage to get a good few gaming hours in, and also time to post and be active on the forums, but I haven't seen any progression since I rejoined, or should I say since Doldol left, as he was an aight coder from what I heard (not saw his actual code).

And for that last part of the blame, fucking everyone who makes these kind of posts or complaints. Ok so you want us not to be trash, and do better as you believe in the potential of EgN. That's actually great, and not even being sarcastic. But the problem is no one gives suggestions or ways to improve. For jailbreak rules, every admin meeting I believe all jb admins go through EVERY SINGLE RULE and decide what should change, so you're wrong on that part. Jailbreak is covered when it comes to needed attention but people are TOO focused on it, and it's pretty much the topic of conversation in the chatbox when things quiet down.
Spoiler: Show

Welp I feel a bit better now. Wanted to do a manager shit-fest rant for a while but didn't want to be a total cunt. Now i'm a bit better i suppose. I'm sure i'll get proven wrong or shit on soon after I post, which actually isn't bad. I'd prefer to be proven wrong that agreed with tbh.

Cool thing is too guys, i'm starting up an oldschool server. i'm talking about good old hostage rescue and defuse, i'm currently in the middle of adding maps and flushing out the server to not be sheit. i'll be making after the meeting to get people to suggest maps and things that might be added to the server.
Heads up now, i will not add any skin mods or things I deem, Stupid.

Keep in mind the server is in heavy alpha as well, i don't have FDL and i have to get kharn to link the sourcebans to the server.
as well as a password, i don't know about you but i don't think you'll like playing only regular maps at the moment.
If you want to inquire about the password, PM me on the forums.

until then guys
This is your only key into the server

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

“Don't get mad, get even.” ― Robert F. Kennedy

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not too sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

"This is a community wartheft, think of the otters :<"-Simplistic

Ash stole my profile picture so i stole his signiture

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:01 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61594940
I don't like post like this at all!!

1. Are rules have been updated and will be updated again very soon unless everyone keeps it the same.

2. With servers not being populated, all comes to needs and wants. You can't support what everyone wants the server to be. DarkRP was populated but died on its own and still function if I'm not mistaken. I can't speak for other servers but what i see is that they have minor population which is cool by me. We are still a jailbreak css community which is why you joined.
https://www.redditgifts.com/?inv=CMv5 Join reddit gifts and get free items but you do have to send back gifts or you'll get penalized
After reading every EgN Post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:23 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:433420658
Ouch Ryan lol

Anyways ttt took so long because none of staff seemed to know who was doing what with it. But yea if people want admin on it all they have to do is ask. Only requirement is to not be a douche and they must have some amount of donation on their forum account.

As for darkrp my wish would be to wipe it and make it as bare as possible because in my opinion there are to many jobs and to many player models which is why It died it got to complicated. Anyways I can't make that decision without Phillip.

Jailbreak does well because there is player interaction and we haven't bloated the server with shit.

Also when doldol was here he helped a lot and was always around. He is still around. And I think staff should ask him to come back as an advisor or manager. Because there is very little help from the co leader.

And i will talk to Phillip in the near future about the fate of darkrp. Sooo

Lead Inspector at EgN Inquisitorial Squad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:18 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
I mean if you guys need people who can code (and actually need the code), I can help / look into stuff (I am a programmer...).
Just let me know, and I'll see what I can do!
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:47 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:64773030
@everyone see this is what i wanted to happen, people actually talk about flaws in egn. theres an admin meeting and an EgN meeting soon so maybe we can kickstart something then
WUB A LUBBA DUB DUUUBB!
I have an IQ of 122.

known for being the guy that got flamed for making a small joke
[x]Make a stupid list.
[x] Become Recruit again.
[x] Become Member again.
[x] Go through something sad.
[x] Go through something amazing.
[x] Gain back all of my old friends.
[] Accomplish something amazing.
[] Become staff.
[] Become advisor.
[] Manage a server.
[x] Get to know the majority of all of EgN.

"I aint happy, i'm feeling glad, i've got sunshine, in a bag. im useless, but not for long. my future is coming on." -Gorrilaz

"Every day is a new learning curb as you, steer through life, sometimes you may not wanna swerve, but you have to, to avert a disaster. Lucky no permanent damage, because they hurt you so bad. Its like they murdered your ass and kicked dirt on your casket."-Eminem

"Here I am tied and bound
Every night feeling low
Bad days come back whatever
In the sun I bathe, in everyday light
You draft me down for a split second tomorrow
What am I supposed to do"

Music.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:48 am 
EgN Member
Elder
We need to start cutting the crust off this Shit sandwhich! Fire in the hole!
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:50 am 
EgN Member
@phillip my issue is, EgN isnt JUST A jailbreak community. its a GAMING community. so we can TRY to actually do something about it (and yes i was aware theres an admin meeting, but one admin meeting wont fix everything)
WUB A LUBBA DUB DUUUBB!
I have an IQ of 122.

[x]Make a stupid list.
[x] Become Member again.
[] Become staff.
[] Become advisor.
[] Manage a server.

"I aint happy, i'm feeling glad, i've got sunshine, in a bag. im useless, but not for long. my future is coming on." -Gorrilaz

"Every day is a new learning curb as you, steer through life, sometimes you may not wanna swerve, but you have to, to avert a disaster. Lucky no permanent damage, because they hurt you so bad. Its like they murdered your ass and kicked dirt on your casket."-Eminem

Every night feeling low

Music.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:53 am 
EgN Member
@charlie that'd...actually probably work.
WUB A LUBBA DUB DUUUBB!
I have an IQ of 122.

[x]Make a stupid list.
[x] Become Member again.
[] Become staff.
[] Become advisor.
[] Manage a server.

Every night feeling low

Music.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:00 am 
EgN Member
Elder
We are a gaming community, but gaming has changed a lot over the years. Gone are the days of custom servers in every game. Only indie, or old games have those that let clans like this strive, by recruitng more people playing. GMod, Source, and a lot of the servers we have just don't have a lot of people playing those games, and any new games we play as a clan are hard to recruit for, cause yo u are always being matchmade, play a game, then never see them again. And even then, we've had recruits that way.
I am honostly surprised people still play JB, but I love it.
A lot of people play GO, Brawlhala, Overwatch, whatever FotM game comes out together, but it's hard to grow as a community with those games. If we want to really grow this clan, we need to find a way to recruit people from games like those.
But I think we are a healthly clan, we make sure people follow the rules (to a degree), and although a lot of us can be immautre at times (including myself), we take it in stride.
Turn your 501s into 499s

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:10 am 
EgN Member
@charlie we can try to recruit people from those games, but yes, we are kind of a healthy community. but, there can be things to be fixed
WUB A LUBBA DUB DUUUBB!
I have an IQ of 122.

[x]Make a stupid list.
[x] Become Member again.
[] Become staff.
[] Become advisor.
[] Manage a server.

Every night feeling low

Music.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8
 >> Next