Post subject: Re: Shooting a Secondary
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:54 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40875182
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Wartheft wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
guys.... if a there is no rule against it, the CT's cannot kill a T for doing it. im flattered at all these "how retarded are you" points. but really, it's how the rules work. If it is not against wardens orders or rules, a T can do it. What have you guy even been enforcing while you were admins? now i see why there is always people making complaints against others "because it's implied". no its not implied, if its not clearly stated to be a kill-able offence, its not a rule.

you guys are getting salty af over this too. calm down and make ur case without trying to feel like al richy over there.

You are one of the people that causes us to have so many rules. Something won't be a problem for a long time, then suddenly one person strolls up and says something out of the blue and starts acting like it's how the game goes, and when someone says "No, you're wrong," that person pulls up the whole "It's not in the rules" card to a common sense and long understood thing and then we have to add it to the rules just to appease their stupidity. This also isn't the first time you've caused this to happen.

We shouldn't need to keep adding rules for people to read and we shouldn't need to keep adding to things that a warden has to say at the start of every damn round for everyone to understand it. People like your ass and half of the population of jailbreak should just stop being asshats and learn to play the damn game.

I'm not sure how long its been since u had admin on jb, but only enforcing the rules and not whatever the hell else you wanna make up is the only way to keep thinkgs fair and consitant. you talking a lot of shit for a guy who does'it play jb, it shows that you dont know how to admin there anymore (assuming you could ever at some point). Call me crazy but only enforcing what written down seems like not only the most reasonable thing to do, but the only fair thing to do.

7 admins enforcing their own "common sense" is a pain in the ass to deal with, trust me i see that shit all the time.

but really, are you really so salty cuz i think that only enforcing things everyone has already agreed upon is the best option?

P.S. you dont even play jb and thats probably because u have so many fights with people about this shit. not everyone agrees with ur opinions and thats okay. only a faggot would try and push their own views as the best and no tolerate dissent or disagreement like that tbh.

you see, i wouldn't expect a lemming like you to notice that when wartheft was still an advisor, he was in the JB server, undercover. He was watching, and waiting for the target some other member, asked him to watch. whether it be a hacking asswhipe to another admin, abusing and creating a fool of himself. He was there. He was watching.

Spoiler: Show

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

“Don't get mad, get even.” ― Robert F. Kennedy

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not too sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

"This is a community wartheft, think of the otters :<"-Simplistic

Ash stole my profile picture so i stole his signiture

Social 
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:55 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:28932814
Woah come on guys this is way out of hand.

Look if you shoot. You're Red your dead, you're KOS, wahtever JB terms you want to use.

We kill the Ts all the time when they start shooting a secondary at the cell stairs in Razor what makes this situation any different?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:57 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Dave c.F Strider wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Wartheft wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
guys.... if a there is no rule against it, the CT's cannot kill a T for doing it. im flattered at all these "how retarded are you" points. but really, it's how the rules work. If it is not against wardens orders or rules, a T can do it. What have you guy even been enforcing while you were admins? now i see why there is always people making complaints against others "because it's implied". no its not implied, if its not clearly stated to be a kill-able offence, its not a rule.

you guys are getting salty af over this too. calm down and make ur case without trying to feel like al richy over there.

You are one of the people that causes us to have so many rules. Something won't be a problem for a long time, then suddenly one person strolls up and says something out of the blue and starts acting like it's how the game goes, and when someone says "No, you're wrong," that person pulls up the whole "It's not in the rules" card to a common sense and long understood thing and then we have to add it to the rules just to appease their stupidity. This also isn't the first time you've caused this to happen.

We shouldn't need to keep adding rules for people to read and we shouldn't need to keep adding to things that a warden has to say at the start of every damn round for everyone to understand it. People like your ass and half of the population of jailbreak should just stop being asshats and learn to play the damn game.

I'm not sure how long its been since u had admin on jb, but only enforcing the rules and not whatever the hell else you wanna make up is the only way to keep thinkgs fair and consitant. you talking a lot of shit for a guy who does'it play jb, it shows that you dont know how to admin there anymore (assuming you could ever at some point). Call me crazy but only enforcing what written down seems like not only the most reasonable thing to do, but the only fair thing to do.

7 admins enforcing their own "common sense" is a pain in the ass to deal with, trust me i see that shit all the time.

but really, are you really so salty cuz i think that only enforcing things everyone has already agreed upon is the best option?

P.S. you dont even play jb and thats probably because u have so many fights with people about this shit. not everyone agrees with ur opinions and thats okay. only a faggot would try and push their own views as the best and no tolerate dissent or disagreement like that tbh.

you see, i wouldn't expect a lemming like you to notice that when wartheft was still an advisor, he was in the JB server, undercover. He was watching, and waiting for the target some other member, asked him to watch. whether it be a hacking asswhipe to another admin, abusing and creating a fool of himself. He was there. He was watching.

is he still playing? thats besides the point tho is'it it? disregaurd the P.S. and the rest still stands, P.S is just my opinion

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:04 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
you guys have good chirps.
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:20 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42385346
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Wartheft wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:

I played JB daily for a very, very long time. I got Elite in a month, and was the first Elite admin to ever be given Sourcebans access until it eventually became a normal thing. I was given Staff (skipping Veteran) because of my ability to administrate on Jailbreak and handle problems. Even when I was an advisor I joined the server any time it was asked of me if there was a bad problem or someone was suspected of hacks. When I would join I would continue to play for a long period of time and would often take the server from the chaos that normally occurs on it to a much more relaxed and fun nature where I wouldn't even need to touch admin for hours. The only reason I bring any of this up is because of the whole "You don't play JB and clearly didn't know how to admin when you did" remark. Since I'm not currently a higher up I have no desire to be tactful.

You're right, we don't enforce rules that were never listed. I never have. But this isn't a rule and it doesn't need to be listed. A T fires a weapon, the T is rebelling. That's the way it is. That's the way it's always been. But then someone suddenly decides "it's not listed, it can't enforced." This is literally the exact same thing as "No detours or delays is implied with every order" 3 years ago. For the longest time everyone simply understood that. It's one of those things that everyone just got. Then someone went "Oh, it's not in the rules and the warden isn't saying it," and started to jump around and ignore orders and all that good shit. Then a lot of people started doing it because they realized they could be annoying and trolling assholes. It got to the point where at the start of literally every round the warden had to say "No detours or delays is implied with every order," which really shouldn't need to be said. Since people kept on complaining about the whole "it's not in the rules" thing it was added to the rules to be explicitly stated for all of the trolls and idiots who wanted to be difficult.

That is exactly what's happening here. Everything's fine and dandy until a few people decide "Oh, I know how I can make my time on T easier (Because T's don't already have a huge win advantage over CT's anyways...) and in the process piss people off." Now what's going to happen is the warden is going to have to state at the start of every round that "firing a weapon under any circumstance is considered rebelling," and then it'll be added to the rules so that the wardens don't have to say it at the start of every round. The only reason it's becoming a problem now but hasn't been a problem for the past 9 (NINE!) years is because someone (I'm not sure if it was you or someone else) realized they can be an annoying and difficult asshat.

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own."
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

"The wounds of love can only be healed by the person who made them."
~Publius Syrus

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
~Winston Churchill

<17:26:05> "Wartheft": Sneakin into mah channel
<17:26:11> "Sibblet": xD
<17:26:12> "Wartheft": Snatchin my fedoras up
<17:26:21> "Sibblet": I ate your fedoras, my apologies
<17:26:21> "Wartheft": I see how it be
<17:26:26> "Wartheft": YOU WHAT
<17:26:29> "Wartheft": Q.Q
<17:26:30> "Sibblet": NOTHING
<17:26:32> "Sibblet": >_>
<17:26:34> "Sibblet": <_<

<20:57:43> "GirlWithAGun": (ง'̀-'́)ง fight me
<20:58:06> "Wartheft": Q('.'Q) Let's go
<20:58:23> "GirlWithAGun": lol
<20:58:33> "Wartheft": (o.o)O=('.'Q) Take that
<20:59:35> "GirlWithAGun": ow D:

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:27 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
Wait, is jumping not running?
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:37 pm 
Community Member
Legend
i've always enforced people shooting their pistol is not rebelling, and im not even close to the only one. its not like this is new either, since i joined i have been doing it. no one has ever complained about it till today. in my shoes, "The only reason it's becoming a problem now but hasn't been a problem for the past 3 (Three!) years is because someone (I'm not sure if it was you or someone else) realized they can be an annoying and difficult asshat."

Again it's like i was saying, you just assume everyone else is on board with ur opinion but they're not. I think that as long as a T is shooting a pistol looking far away from CT's who cares? its not like its a immediate danger to the CT's so i dont see the problem with it. people have even been empting pistol clips and throwing them away without issue forever on the server. its not like it's hurting anyone, they are not rebelling just by fire a few rounds in the ground.

i'm surprised you cant even see where im coming from on this, its not like i'm saying they can shoot CT's, T's can already knife secrets without getting shot, whats the big deal if he shoots a pistol at one to open it faster so he can use it later?

From where i sit it's you guys making the unnecessary rules and not using common sense on this one, but if you have a problem with it, just bring it up at the next meeting and they can talk about adding a rule so its whatever you think is right. i'll lay out my argument and u can say yours, i see where you are coming from but just disagree that firing a pistol at the ground should result in a face full of lead. And thats fine, if you dont like the way the rules are now just bring it up at the meeting man, until then, my way is what the rules say so you should respect both the rules and your fellow asshat veteran buddy (that would be me).

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:54 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42385346
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
i'm surprised you cant even see where im coming from on this, its not like i'm saying they can shoot CT's, T's can already knife secrets without getting shot, whats the big deal if he shoots a pistol at one to open it faster so he can use it later?

My problem isn't the actual matter of the shooting, it's the matter of it's been a thing for years that firing a weapon is rebelling. I don't even have a problem if a CT doesn't shoot a T for doing it, but a CT shouldn't be punished for shooting a T for doing it for the exact same reason why a T shouldn't be shot for doing it: It isn't listed. Even arguing the semantics of it doesn't matter. It's not stated either way so it shouldn't technically be punished nor enforced. If a CT chooses to shoot him so be it, and if a CT decides to not shoot him so be it.

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own."
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

"The wounds of love can only be healed by the person who made them."
~Publius Syrus

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
~Winston Churchill

<17:26:05> "Wartheft": Sneakin into mah channel
<17:26:11> "Sibblet": xD
<17:26:12> "Wartheft": Snatchin my fedoras up
<17:26:21> "Sibblet": I ate your fedoras, my apologies
<17:26:21> "Wartheft": I see how it be
<17:26:26> "Wartheft": YOU WHAT
<17:26:29> "Wartheft": Q.Q
<17:26:30> "Sibblet": NOTHING
<17:26:32> "Sibblet": >_>
<17:26:34> "Sibblet": <_<

<20:57:43> "GirlWithAGun": (ง'̀-'́)ง fight me
<20:58:06> "Wartheft": Q('.'Q) Let's go
<20:58:23> "GirlWithAGun": lol
<20:58:33> "Wartheft": (o.o)O=('.'Q) Take that
<20:59:35> "GirlWithAGun": ow D:

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:06 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Wartheft wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:

My problem isn't the actual matter of the shooting, it's the matter of it's been a thing for years that firing a weapon is rebelling. I don't even have a problem if a CT doesn't shoot a T for doing it, but a CT shouldn't be punished for shooting a T for doing it for the exact same reason why a T shouldn't be shot for doing it: It isn't listed. Even arguing the semantics of it doesn't matter. It's not stated either way so it shouldn't technically be punished nor enforced. If a CT chooses to shoot him so be it, and if a CT decides to not shoot him so be it.

CT's connot kill T's for "unlisted" actions, period

for years we have been playing with those rules. If a CT kills a T for an "unlisted" reason, thats called a freekill (killing a T without them breaking orders or rules)

The only person i know that was trying to change that was chips saying "jumping is not running" so since it was a not a rule to be able to jump while running he killed any T who choose to jump instead of run. to him it was "common sense not to jump" while to others it was "common sense to be able to jump" The higher ups (you might have even been one of them) decided that if it a T did not break order or rule, no CT should be allowed to kill a T for "unlisted" reasons.

What you are proposing is to change this precedent and i do not think thats a good idea for the server, but if you want to make a case for it thats up to you.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:44 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19547824
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Wartheft wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:

CT's connot kill T's for "unlisted" actions, period

for years we have been playing with those rules. If a CT kills a T for an "unlisted" reason, thats called a freekill (killing a T without them breaking orders or rules)

The only person i know that was trying to change that was chips saying "jumping is not running" so since it was a not a rule to be able to jump while running he killed any T who choose to jump instead of run. to him it was "common sense not to jump" while to others it was "common sense to be able to jump" The higher ups (you might have even been one of them) decided that if it a T did not break order or rule, no CT should be allowed to kill a T for "unlisted" reasons.

What you are proposing is to change this precedent and i do not think thats a good idea for the server, but if you want to make a case for it thats up to you.

Actually, if we want a rule to enforce for the matter of a T shooting a gun freely, then let's refer to this unchecked tid bit of fun.

46-You must play your role as a guard. Guards(CT)

The term "failRP" is not commonly seen in our server as well...we don't actually roleplay out our lives as a guard...we just play a game. so, should shooting a prisoner shooting a gun for any reason be executed?

In rl, if a prisoner some how obtained a firearm, with bullets, and started firing away at his bed because..well..fuck his bed....he most likely would be jammed into the corner of his room by atleast 7 other people all wearing armor with thick shields.

To the best we can do in our server...we would simply just shoot the prisoner.

so if you want to be extremely anal about this, the other rule that we already have could be used to enforce this situation

14-No Favortism. Guards (CT)

There we go, rules in place just for this situation.
"Well before your time sport."
"Addoroth will rise again!"
Image Image

New Topic Locked  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 >> Next