New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:35 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61594940
Xanderian wrote:
I'd love to see some of the more popular addons, like CAP, TDM cars, SCars, PAC, etc.

If you'd like, I can get you a good list of addons for building, and others that are just fun/good to have.

It's been on the server
https://www.redditgifts.com/?inv=CMv5 Join reddit gifts and get free items but you do have to send back gifts or you'll get penalized
After reading every EgN Post

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:41 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
Some of them. Not all of them. PAC isn't on there, and neither is TDM cars. Personally, I like TDM cars more than SCars since SCars have really weird handling, but that's mostly preference. Also, I think PCMod should be removed. People keep spamming parts all around the map, causing the server to lag up. What's worse is that they're not automatically deleted when the users leave, so they just sit there forever.

There are other mods that I think would go well with the server (especially with building in mind), such as as a radial menu mod, wiremod, advanced duplicator 2, etc. Of course, now that I think more on it, adding in things like CAP or TDM cars may not end well with random people joining the server to be met with long downloads. So it might be better to stick with things like wiremod, advanced duplicator 2, etc.

Of course, another major concern is that there are only 3 admins for the server, and all 3 don't play the server. So I'd never even get to do anything with wiremod anyways, since all the other players would end up just being a bunch of dunces trying to screw with my builds whether I'm in build mode or not. So you may want to look into adding admins as well.

Also, you need to add SmartSnap. What kind of sandbox server doesn't have at least SmartSnap?! (Or precision tool for that matter) It's practically impossible to build any decent contraption without some sort of mod like that. I think SmartSnap is a necessity, but at the very least get precision tool so the building portion can be done correctly.

That's just my general feedback from what I've seen of the sandbox server so far.
Beep boop.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:44 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42238843
Xanderian wrote:
Some of them. Not all of them. PAC isn't on there, and neither is TDM cars. Personally, I like TDM cars more than SCars since SCars have really weird handling, but that's mostly preference. Also, I think PCMod should be removed. People keep spamming parts all around the map, causing the server to lag up. What's worse is that they're not automatically deleted when the users leave, so they just sit there forever.

There are other mods that I think would go well with the server (especially with building in mind), such as as a radial menu mod, wiremod, advanced duplicator 2, etc. Of course, now that I think more on it, adding in things like CAP or TDM cars may not end well with random people joining the server to be met with long downloads. So it might be better to stick with things like wiremod, advanced duplicator 2, etc.

Of course, another major concern is that there are only 3 admins for the server, and all 3 don't play the server. So I'd never even get to do anything with wiremod anyways, since all the other players would end up just being a bunch of dunces trying to screw with my builds whether I'm in build mode or not. So you may want to look into adding admins as well.

Also, you need to add SmartSnap. What kind of sandbox server doesn't have at least SmartSnap?! (Or precision tool for that matter) It's practically impossible to build any decent contraption without some sort of mod like that. I think SmartSnap is a necessity, but at the very least get precision tool so the building portion can be done correctly.

That's just my general feedback from what I've seen of the sandbox server so far.

This can be worked on once I get access to help. For now it's Phillip's responsibility until Kharn turns it over to me.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2