EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40875182
Wartheft wrote:
Nickolas Magnus wrote:
Wartheft wrote:
Phillip wrote:
jjjjjj.jack wrote:
Some things have been really bothering people for a while and here is some.

- Cuffs are STILL unbreakable without virtually being at AUTOCLICKER levels of speed with your fingers. No one will be THAT fast.
The cuffs are breakable with autoclicker, but breaking the cuffs are failRP. If you're trapped in the cuffs longer than the timelimit you're suppose to contact administration. There's a description under every job that tells you what you can and can't do.
Then add a rule saying that breaking cuffs is fail RP and is against the rules as such.

How exactly is struggling to get free from a CP/kidnapper failrp? i can understand that using the autoclicker to escape easily due to it just forcing past the cuffs. but if you make it humanly possible to escape cuffs, then they can in character, try to escape.

The only reason I'd see being able to break free from cuffs as fail rp is if it is a CP's cuffs. Realisticlly, they are made of hardened steel, and last as I checked (going of years of professional experience) steel cuffs are very hard to escape from unscathed. however, the kidnapper's cuffs are written in their name as ELASTIC CUFFS. which means that in rp menas, the person being kidnapped SHOULD be able to atleast try to escape. now I'm not saying make the kidnappers cuffs super easy to escape from. it should still be a challange to get free from, but still HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

Because breaking through both steel and elastic cuffs isn't humanly possible? Imo elastic cuffs would technically be weaker in the strength department compared to steel, but if you're trying to actually break (As in moving your arms apart to break the cuffs themselves) elastic would be more difficult as the material in the middle stretches, while with steel it at least stays stationary and allows you to apply force better.

Either way, since autoclickers or spam binds are a thing that allow it to be easy to break free from cuffs, and since those entirely break RP in any way regardless of whether or not you want to try to say that breaking out of cuffs is or isn't failrp, a rule stating that you just can't break out of cuffs solves the problem of autoclickers and your kidnapped ass can get over being kidnapped for 5 (Literally only 5, they can't hold you longer than that) minutes.

IN cases like this i wouldn't call it "breaking" and if you were breaking your breaking out of it now ripping it to shreds.
i'd say your trying to get loose, like for handcuffs your not breaking them your trying to force the lock or slip your hands out.
for the elastic, sure, your attempting to create stress on them so that they break or tear but in the same way, your hands could slip out if you try to stretch them and break free.

the whole its failRP thing is kinda far fetched as, yes its SUPER hard, but if you get free anyways, the cop could try again, or give you three bullets for resisting arrest and running off.
Also, if the cop hasn't straight up arrested you before you actually broke free then something is wrong with him and he doesn't get the concept of being a police officer.

something for the kidnapper, if he hasn't taken you to his lair or sold you off to someone else as a sex slave then what's the point in saying its failRP to escape, they sure as hell wont release you and if they do, its with a bullet in your right temple.

EDIT: the real problem isn't people escaping through "breaking" the cuffs btw, its people suicideing to get arround being kidnapped/arrested.
if any of you see it happen, talk to the kidnappee and try to get him kidnapped again. same thing with cops, if someone suicides after being handcuffed they are to still be jailed. do not let them get away with that.

Spoiler: Show

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

“Don't get mad, get even.” ― Robert F. Kennedy

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not too sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

"This is a community wartheft, think of the otters :<"-Simplistic

Ash stole my profile picture so i stole his signiture

Social 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:06 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61594940
The cuffs were already updated so it's possible to escape.

There's more updates coming shouldn't be all done by wednesday, will post final updates later.
https://www.redditgifts.com/?inv=CMv5 Join reddit gifts and get free items but you do have to send back gifts or you'll get penalized
After reading every EgN Post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:41 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19547824
things to possibly adjust

(rules)
9. Do not use toolgun during raids (victim or raiders)
change tool gun use to straight building during a raid. meaning they can not build at all during a raid.
1. Do not abuse the fading door.
fully elaborate on what exactly 'fading door abuse" is?
2. Civil Protection members may arrest players with illegal guns or contraband out on sight.
Does spawned in contraband count twords being arrestable? (kidnappers holding cuffs openly, classes with guns holding guns out without a permit((if a law is in place)) )
9. Baiting Civil Protection is not allowed. It's Fail RP.
as a valid Rp reason, if a cop arrests the person baiting, it would not be failrp as the cop would follow him/arrest him since he is openly saying he has contraband/illegal weapons.

(class adjustments)
boxers...........please change the model to somthing diffrent than the hobo?
-change boxer pay to match hobo pay. as it is currently just a hobo with fists...why should he earn more?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =287505129

Combat medic
-have him spawn with a gun permit. if this will be a professional choice, then most likely a medic who would be profeccient with fire arms would atleast have a permit to carry them.
-let the COMBAT medic fight freely within a raid. with m9k weapons mostly being 1 shot wounds greatly, it's pointless to limit a RAIDING support class to simply only being able to fight after being shot. if in that case, why even arm them with a gun at spawn?

(gangs)

This opens up a wide possibility for constant RDM.

A gang leader could openly order his fellow gang embers to simply kill members of a rival gang freely.
as gang leader, they would be playing their role. why even have possibility of gang warfare when we could simply revise the current gangster overflow that there currently is in the server.

change it from being UNLIMITED gangsters and a boss, to at least 8 gangsters and 1 boss.

"but the gangsters dont always listen to the boss"
then demote them for failrp, in an actual rp sense, if a boss sees that a gangster wont even bother listening to him. he most likely would kill the gangster so he couldnt rat him out to the police/out him from the gang (demote)

but on the oppisite side of the spectrum, if the BOSS wont lead the gangsters, then the majority can have the boss killed/demoted so that a better boss takes his place.
"Well before your time sport."
"Addoroth will rise again!"
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:18 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:53229425
Hey phillips,(or lex or watever) you should add this really cool addon called "Pac 3". Sounds like something really fuckEgN sketchy right? Well you'd be wrong bb, because basically its an addon that lets people customized their charactor using props that make everything look cooler. So if you want a bathtub on your head for a hat, you can, you want a pole for a penis? You can, its beatiful, like you phillip.

Here's the link if you don't want to look for it or watever

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =104691717

(also phillip ur a cutie pooti)
GIVE ME CUMMMMIIIES DADDDDDDY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:49 pm 
EgN Member
Yeah i know what PAC3 is but I don't like it being apart of the server. It is currently on the sandbox server.
https://www.redditgifts.com/?inv=CMv5 Join reddit gifts and get free items but you do have to send back gifts or you'll get penalized

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:40 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19547824
Bump because relevant
"Well before your time sport."
"Addoroth will rise again!"
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:42 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:11765093
Is the server like dead? I never see anyone on it anymore and it makes me sad

"Who I am is not important, my message is." - Revan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:56 am 
EgN Member
Well if it's dead invite people populate it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:02 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:65042904
U COULD HAVE ASKED MEH! i could have tried to come on fan
No one ever sees the sleepless nights, the years of studying and 14-hour days earning your dues. I spent three years isolated in an academic environment to be the best actor I could.
Kunal Nayyar

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.-Gandhi

Don't be racist to racists -Nalin 2k16

New Topic Post Reply  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6