EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:45015271
Caboose wrote:
Zero wrote:
El_Xanatos wrote:
Zero wrote:
Wartheft wrote:
To those who didn't make it, it's nothing personal

What were the decisions based on? Just the person's application?
Oh, and tell me how the application requirements said 50+ posts, and Lord_Saurian only has 13, but he made it. Enforcing requirements, I see.

I'm curious as well. Obviously it was a biased choice. But oh well

Yeah. I had one of the strongest applications, as compared to the applicants who made it:
Synthic: I can help with ideas for events and contests.
Corvus: I come up with some pretty insane ideas, and at least 87% are good.
Lord_Saurian: I'm a creative, well-balanced, calm person that has helped many people with many servers during my time here in EgN

Me: I used to play on a MC server as head admin, and I would run an event every week that used no plugin whatsoever - I would build an intricate arena, set up redstone so I could see who wins, and they were almost always successful. + I come up with a lot of creative ideas for events that aren't just the usual team deathmatch contest.

Clearly there was some other factor that was personal that prevented me from becoming a member of the team.

We don't have a minecraft server anymore? So yours is kinda redundant.

That doesn't mean I can't organize events for other games, my point is that I'm good at creating events in general.
Spoiler: Show

Social 
 Post subject: Re: Events Team
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:58 pm 
EgN Member
El_Xanatos wrote:
Zero wrote:
Wartheft wrote:

Oh, and tell me how the application requirements said 50+ posts, and Lord_Saurian only has 13, but he made it. Enforcing requirements, I see.

Yes it was biased, due the fact that Wartheft knows Lord_Saurian in real life and knows how creative he can be. If you have a problem instead of posting in the thread talk to either Wartheft or me. Thanks.
<17:15:54> "Roaxes": i first met lex when she was roleplaying as a doctor on jailbreak
A pile of cats is called a meowntain. Ba dum tsss.
I've been here too long.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:59 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26201796
Zero wrote:
El_Xanatos wrote:
Zero wrote:
Wartheft wrote:

Yeah. I had one of the strongest applications, as compared to the applicants who made it:
Lord_Saurian: I'm a creative, well-balanced, calm person that has helped many people with many servers during my time here in EgN

Me: I used to play on a MC server as head admin, and I would run an event every week that used no plugin whatsoever - I would build an intricate arena, set up redstone so I could see who wins, and they were almost always successful. + I come up with a lot of creative ideas for events that aren't just the usual team deathmatch contest.

Clearly there was some other factor that was personal that prevented me from becoming a member of the team.

Well these things usually fall in favour of friends, even though we're clearly as qualified if not more than some who got in.
Still Here, Forever

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:00 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:147071666
El_Xanatos wrote:
Zero wrote:
El_Xanatos wrote:
Zero wrote:
Wartheft wrote:

Well these things usually fall in favour of friends, even though we're clearly as qualified if not more than some who got in.

If you're so qualified how come you left?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:01 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41913774
Even though I didn't make it, I feel No Pain due to the fact that Bias's were made, I feel a bias is something you are going to see through out life and it doesn't matter if you feel you had the better Application, Think of a Job interview, The employer is going to choose you if you are liked and get along with employee's and do decent work, but if you don't like your boss and your a super hard worker but don't get along with anyone isn't going to get hired because he doesn't get along with anyone.

I Don't care I didn't make it because i still have awesome friend's in EgN and I feel that is the most important thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:03 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Caboose wrote:
El_Xanatos wrote:
Zero wrote:
El_Xanatos wrote:
Zero wrote:
Wartheft wrote:

If this has anything to do with the previous events team, well it's because I wasn't nearly as active on the past servers as I used to. I did my part helping organize lots of events. Time had come for me to go. If you're talking about me leaving the clan, that's rather irrelevant at this point
Still Here, Forever

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:45015271
Aprxl wrote:
Yes it was biased, due the fact that Wartheft knows Lord_Saurian in real life and knows how creative he can be. If you have a problem instead of posting in the thread talk to either Wartheft or me. Thanks.

Have you heard of nepotism?
Just because he's his friend doesn't mean he can skip the requirements and put into the events team. That's bullshit.

Caboose wrote:

What does one have to do with the other?
Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:06 pm 
EgN Member
1) It's my choice who gets on the Events Team
2) I'm only friends with 2 out of the 6 who are on the team. Thank you very much.
3) There are always exception
4) Stop bitching, what's done is done.
<17:15:54> "Roaxes": i first met lex when she was roleplaying as a doctor on jailbreak
A pile of cats is called a meowntain. Ba dum tsss.
I've been here too long.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:07 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
lopjop3 wrote:
Even though I didn't make it, I feel No Pain due to the fact that Bias's were made, I feel a bias is something you are going to see through out life and it doesn't matter if you feel you had the better Application, Think of a Job interview, The employer is going to choose you if you are liked and get along with employee's and do decent work, but if you don't like your boss and your a super hard worker but don't get along with anyone isn't going to get hired because he doesn't get along with anyone.

I Don't care I didn't make it because i still have awesome friend's in EgN and I feel that is the most important thing.

There will always be another chance. I don't see the need in getting so worked up over this. Good analogy by the way.
Still Here, Forever

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:10 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42385346
To those wondering about the selections:

We chose people based on their ability to be creative, work as a team, and whether or not we can personally get along with them or not. If you want to be completely technical, not everything on the application mattered. As with most applications for anything, the application may be used as a basis for certain things, but for the most part it was to see who was serious about wanting to join the events team. April and I looked at each of the applicants personally rather than what they typed out on the application.

Also, regarding to Saurian, yes, I know him personally. And yes, it may have been biased that he was put on the events team. But at the same time, back when Gambino was running the events team and we put applications up for that, Xanatos and I were two of the selected. Now, is it not biased that Xanatos and I were friends with Gambino, so by the natural way things works, Xanatos and I had a much better chance of joining? So if you think that's unfair bias, you should go ahead and leave the clan. Because how do we accept recruits? Bias. We vote on them with our bias views. Which is the entire point of voting. To see who we like and dislike, and that in itself is a biased view.

By the way, it was April and my choice, primary April's. April is not friends with most of the people that joined. If you have a problem with her choices, that's cool. Have a problem with it. But remember, you're not the advisor, and you're not the leader of the event's team.

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own."
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

"The wounds of love can only be healed by the person who made them."
~Publius Syrus

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
~Winston Churchill

<17:26:05> "Wartheft": Sneakin into mah channel
<17:26:11> "Sibblet": xD
<17:26:12> "Wartheft": Snatchin my fedoras up
<17:26:21> "Sibblet": I ate your fedoras, my apologies
<17:26:21> "Wartheft": I see how it be
<17:26:26> "Wartheft": YOU WHAT
<17:26:29> "Wartheft": Q.Q
<17:26:30> "Sibblet": NOTHING
<17:26:32> "Sibblet": >_>
<17:26:34> "Sibblet": <_<

<20:57:43> "GirlWithAGun": (ง'̀-'́)ง fight me