Login 

New Topic Locked  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:46 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22274834
I didn't post to lash back. This is exactly what I mean. I said SORRY and your like "your lashing back". No im not sucking your cock for forgiveness sorry. I realize what i did was wrong why just keep yelling at me about it, Im not a kid and i realize my mistakes. Your being a bully.

THIS WHOLE THREAD IS POINTLESS DRAMA. Its about ME. grow up seriously guys.

Social 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:09 pm 
EgN Member
pretzL wrote:
SOCASH wrote:
i think there is a misunderstanding here.
I'm not trying to validate anyone's exploits committed in the minecraft server, or any server for that matter.
Its against the rules, and we know what the punishment is for that.
my only point was that why wouldn't the server just be shut down so high admins can fix this issue? This was a known glitch before this Rice&Noodle incident, and another member of EgN had even banned himself for exploiting it before. The secret was out, it should be assumed the server was compromised until the exploit was fixed. Why trust that not only members of EgN will obey the rules, but even guests?
People will always cheat, and i feel its naive of a admin to expect "the best" in everyone who played on a server.
its self defeating, and the real solution is removing the bug/glitch.
And while yes, it is the responsibility of EgN players to help report bugs they discover on their own, these responsibilities lie more heavily on those who are intrusted to run the server.
To make a server great as we all want, an admin must stay up to date on issues, updates and of course: exploits.
Admins should be spending their time doing at least minimal research on topics such as this, so that way we can remain competitive and enjoyable as a server and as a clan.

if this server was in some sort of alpha or beta stage played only by trusted EgN members the 30v5 argument might be valid, but in a server that has be up and running for quite some time now, this is a flawed assumption. people will always cheat, that is a huge reason why admins partly exist: to not only run the server, punish those who break rules, but to prevent future events of abuse.

Again i am not defending anyone here, nor am i trying to validate any one person's actions, i am simply stating there is a serious defect with the way things are run that has been exposed by this situation coming to light.

You and I already discussed this in TS3, and I somewhat understood your point, but now you're contradicting yourself again :r
How can the administration of a server fix a bug before we even know it's a bug or an exploit for that matter?
We then rely on the better part of the server to aid us in fixing them by first letting us know they exist.
Minecraft is full of exploits - exploits we can't effectively nor permanently fix. This isn't our fault, but rather Mojangs fault.

We can't spend our time googling for every last issue in Minecraft, simply because an open database of such doesn't exist. If we try to Google say "current exploits in minecraft", we'll be issued with a full list of issues already solved. That way, it's essentially impossible to find a fix for a problem before we know what the problem is and if it is even present on our server. This is where the community comes in and the 30v5 arguement. The EgNCraft higher-ups rely on the community to tell us about exploits, issues and bugs. I know from this incident that that doesn't really happen until it's gone on for a while...

As for the Rice&Noodle issue. I believe wholly that he was justifiably banned. Wether or not that ban should be permanent is up to Stevie ultimately, but I believe it should be shortened. However, when the exploit was first discovered, none of us higher ups were able to reproduce it. By the time we asked the original person to tell us about it, to reproduce it, that person more or less refused from what I gathered. Rice&Noodle then heard of the exploit, knowing it was an exploit (clearly stated in our rules that is against the rules), and chose to abuse it and tell us nothing about the glitch. For his actions, he was banned. Yes, the server should have gone down for repairs as soon as the glitch became known. However, considering we couldn't re-produce the exploit, we didn't see how it was a problem for the entire server, but rather for a specific client, or a hacked client for that matter.
When we finally were able to see that it actually existed, the server went down for repairs.

I apologize on behalf of the higher-ups for the handling of this situation. However, I do believe they did everything right. Theere is noone at fault, nobody did anything blame-worthy. This was an un-needed issue, and I will personally search various forums and underground bug-reports to find such issues before they become evident.

Thank you for reading my novels <3

Five minutes of googling brings up an entire subreddit dedicated to being an admin on mincraft, and exploits/problems with running a server.
http://www.reddit.com/r/admincraft/
and checking minecraft forums brings up a thread dedicated to recent glitches.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/172 ... -problems/
ctrl+f and search for your specific problem.
what I'm suggesting isn't ridiculous, and the amount of research necessary is minimal. and it removes the necessity to rely on the good will of players.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:59 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
In a clan full of kids, what do you honestly expect? You cannot preach honesty and good-will to 13 year old's who just want to have fun and couldn't give two shits who they annoy. You cannot rely on people to report rule-breakers when you should have admins in there in the first place. This isn't a small community of 60 members anymore.

The way I see it, there is absolutely no discipline or respect round here anymore. The only time I am seeing Staff+ post on the forum is if they have some obligation to do so - all that does is create a big rift between the members and the higher-ups. If they don't respect you, or even like you, they will break your rules.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:18 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32407855
SOCASH wrote:

Five minutes of googling brings up an entire subreddit dedicated to being an admin on mincraft, and exploits/problems with running a server.
what I'm suggesting isn't ridiculous, and the amount of research necessary is minimal. and it removes the necessity to rely on the good will of players.

Its not an issue of if we fixed the glitch because we did. We figured out how to fix it and solved the issue. The issue at hand is that we had some of the trusted players within EGN using the glitches behind our backs instead of sharing them with us to let us know that they are happening. We don't "play" in our minecraft server as Advisor+. We oversee, setup plugins and events, and enforce the rules. If our top members of the clan can't share with us that their is an issue then how will we know that it needs to be fixed.

The issue was googled and the issue was resolved in the best way we could solve it. That isn't needed to be discussed considering we solved that. Its the point that the people in upper ranks within EGN should be trusted and if they aren't trusted within any server under EGN then do they honestly still deserve that rank.

I understand staying loyal to your friends but the issue here is that EGN is a clan. We should all be working together to recruit, help out our servers and have a good time together. We shouldn't be supporting anything that hinders our servers. If we support such things how can we expect to keep this clan running smoothly. If you don't care about then clan enough to do what is right then you don't deserve to wear the clan tag in my opinion. When you wear the clan tag it means you are part of a whole and if you don't wish to protect it then you don't deserve the role that you play within it.

Stop the petty arguing and help your clan that you chose to be a part of. Stand up for what is right. Work to keep EGN together or don't claim EGN as your clan and home online.

I value my friendships here @ EGN. I would stand up for any of you against any other clan online if you are in the right. Even I think that Rice is a great member of our clan, he just chose to make a bad decision or two. He has made many good decisions as well within our servers and I admire him for that. Any other EGN member that participated in using the glitch without sharing it to the right people just made bad decisions but for those few that brought it to our attention, I thank you.

Take the time to think about what you do within our servers and accept what happens if there are consequences for your actions.

~Chuchu
http://i45.tinypic.com/2lucbjs.jpg

<3 Kronik « Thu May 23, 2013 1:36 pm » Chubby just tell them to blame it all on me... I got big shoulders, so anytime anyone is mad talk some shit to me, or blame it on me! YOU KEEP THE SUNSHINE, SAVE ME THE RAIN

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:56 pm 
EgN Member
chubbycurls wrote:
SOCASH wrote:

Its not an issue of if we fixed the glitch because we did. We figured out how to fix it and solved the issue. The issue at hand is that we had some of the trusted players within EGN using the glitches behind our backs instead of sharing them with us to let us know that they are happening. We don't "play" in our minecraft server as Advisor+. We oversee, setup plugins and events, and enforce the rules. If our top members of the clan can't share with us that their is an issue then how will we know that it needs to be fixed.

The issue was googled and the issue was resolved in the best way we could solve it. That isn't needed to be discussed considering we solved that. Its the point that the people in upper ranks within EGN should be trusted and if they aren't trusted within any server under EGN then do they honestly still deserve that rank.

I understand staying loyal to your friends but the issue here is that EGN is a clan. We should all be working together to recruit, help out our servers and have a good time together. We shouldn't be supporting anything that hinders our servers. If we support such things how can we expect to keep this clan running smoothly. If you don't care about then clan enough to do what is right then you don't deserve to wear the clan tag in my opinion. When you wear the clan tag it means you are part of a whole and if you don't wish to protect it then you don't deserve the role that you play within it.

Stop the petty arguing and help your clan that you chose to be a part of. Stand up for what is right. Work to keep EGN together or don't claim EGN as your clan and home online.

I value my friendships here @ EGN. I would stand up for any of you against any other clan online if you are in the right. Even I think that Rice is a great member of our clan, he just chose to make a bad decision or two. He has made many good decisions as well within our servers and I admire him for that. Any other EGN member that participated in using the glitch without sharing it to the right people just made bad decisions but for those few that brought it to our attention, I thank you.

Take the time to think about what you do within our servers and accept what happens if there are consequences for your actions.

~Chuchu

im not arguing on Rice's behalf. i never in any of my statements in this thread have i tried to justify his actions.
why i am making a "petty" argument is that this problem should have been known and fixed before it was a issue, especially considering it was known lilrolly had banned himself for the same glitch.
those links where posted to show that it really isn't a crazy idea to expect admins to stay up to date on problems, glitches, and exploits on the minecraft server, and actually requires minimal effort.
This entire fiasco could have been avoided if these precautions were taken, but they weren't and here we are.
Obviously i care about EgN or i wouldn't be trying to explain my opinion on this matter to prevent future incidents such as this one.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:09 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6233124
Quote:
im not arguing on Rice's behalf. i never in any of my statements in this thread have i tried to justify his actions.
why i am making a "petty" argument is that this problem should have been known and fixed before it was a issue, especially considering it was known lilrolly had banned himself for the same glitch.
those links where posted to show that it really isn't a crazy idea to expect admins to stay up to date on problems, glitches, and exploits on the minecraft server, and actually requires minimal effort.
This entire fiasco could have been avoided if these precautions were taken, but they weren't and here we are.
Obviously i care about EgN or i wouldn't be trying to explain my opinion on this matter to prevent future incidents such as this one.

Sadly your wrong completely, you most likely think that the JB's problems would be fixed with a mod or some rule change. Its not the rules or system or the game, its the people. There is absolutely nothing we can do to stop someone from exploiting/hacking/cheating, its just going to happen and if you can't handle situations like these then you'd best just stick to being lower ranked in clans/communities since whenever you bring humans into something you can only expect errors to occur.

And for the record, RiceorNoodles ban from EgN-Minecraft server for exploiting the portal-duping error was going to be 1 day. Then later through a lengthy TS convo in private he managed to get himself perma-banned because he actually revealed how he had come into the knowledge and that he wouldn't share the name of the person who was spreading the exploit around. Needless to say there were a lot of people doing it, even had a few people who asked to be banned so they could commit martyrdom on behalf of Riceornoodle since they admitted to doing it too. But it was RiceorNoodles refusal to say who was knowingly sharing the information on exploit that got his extended. For some reason he couldn't understand why I was so angry about it and why I wanted that name, but he is and probably still ignorant of why I am so angry about it.

When you spend 5 years helping to build something and working against so many people who wanted nothing more than to see 420M and EgN fail, and succeeding in beating those people back and keeping the servers running and doing your best to stem the flow of shitty trolls and people who would knowingly or unknowingly work against you, you find yourself having for less patience for those people who aid and assist those who work against EgN and its control of its own servers. Whats more is that loyalty to a friend who shares explicit knowledge that can disrupt the already hard pressed Admins and staff of a server only serves to make clear that the person has messed up priorities. Why couldn't they have just said "Hey that seems pretty cheap, lets make sure no one else is doing it so we don't have to worry about others who would use it." instead of "Oh well why not, what harm can this possibly do??"

And honestly I didn't intend this thread to go and become some debate about MineCraft exploits or for people to infer this was all meant for RiceorNoodle. I made that post and this thread to simply make sure everyone understood what to expect if they cheat/exploit/glitch in EgN, kinda crazy that Riceornoodle was here so long but didn't seem to know that shit was wrong.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:38 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6233124
Mootinie wrote:
In a clan full of kids, what do you honestly expect? You cannot preach honesty and good-will to 13 year old's who just want to have fun and couldn't give two shits who they annoy. You cannot rely on people to report rule-breakers when you should have admins in there in the first place. This isn't a small community of 60 members anymore.

The way I see it, there is absolutely no discipline or respect round here anymore. The only time I am seeing Staff+ post on the forum is if they have some obligation to do so - all that does is create a big rift between the members and the higher-ups. If they don't respect you, or even like you, they will break your rules.

I'm sure in your mind that post was edgy and on point with something akin to a scalpel, but even when you were active and one of those "Staff+", before you self-demoted, you made no long standing rule or decision that benefited EgN. And your right, this isn't some small community like it was 1 and 1/2 years ago where anyone who was best buddies with the leader got a channel and rank, now there are x2 the problems and x4 the people and you'll forgive me if I think your view on the clan is a bit lacking in anything approaching something knowledgeable. Best move I can remember you making was stepping down from Staff+, but why you felt the need to imply a insult on those who are currently Staff+ doing something you didn't want to do...I'll never know.

Always strange to see how people change in their teens and how quickly their view of events and situations alter or change, its all a matter of perspective and angle of view. One persons limited view of a event can be drastically different from someone else's, such in the case of respect and discipline around here.

New Topic Locked  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4