Register
Login 

New Topic Locked  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:30 am 
EgN Member
Due to lack of population and an extra cost to the clan, for nothing in return. For the last two months.

It will be shut down as of the 12th, Monday.

If you feel otherwise, please contact before the 11, sunday.

Thank you,

Smokey

“When the people fear the government, that's tyranny; when the government fears the people, that's freedom.” - Wise Man

Social 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:24 am 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Sucks, but I do undertstand (You did read my suggestion I hope lol...)

No but really I do, as long as I don't see a MW3 server popping up tomorrow.... At least wait a month!

<3
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:46 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6233124
I thought MW3...or any CoD:MW game doesn't feature a "Choose Server" type Mutli-player? Thought it was a "Find a group" or something?

Me and Smokey discussed this issues last night for sometime and we both feel that at this point in time its just not a viable game for EgN to be involved it. I'm sure its fun as hell but really one of the more important requirements for a server in a game is that we(smokey-me) can/will play it. Without me or Smokey able to get in there and evaluate a server and make sure its working properly or for that matter that were following "trends" that are popular we must be able to play the game.

I don't own BF3 and Smokey can't play BF3 at this time.

It looks fucking amazing Doldol but I can't afford $60+ for the game its self.

And the clan can't afford the +$ for the slots + the Dev costs for those slots.

And WTF is with that? Charging clans/private users a extra fee for making your game popular? Who in the Dev's team of Financial Advisory Board came up with that?

"So we want to make sure to have great online play! But how can we be guaranteeing that servers/hosting will be up-to-par?"

"We will just charge Server Hosts a extra fee to insure that only the most wealthy/stupid of people can afford to own servers!"

"Won't that mean less servers and there for less people online?"

"BWAHAHAA MONEY MONEY MONEY!! I NEED NEW FUCKING HEART TO REPLACE THIS TINY ASS'D ONE I'VE GOT NOW!"

And that's my little Role-play on what happened at BF3's Developer's Financial Advisory's Board Meeting!

Still...BF3 looks amazing...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:07 am 
EgN Member
Doldol wrote:
Sucks, but I do undertstand (You did read my suggestion I hope lol...)

No but really I do, as long as I don't see a MW3 server popping up tomorrow.... At least wait a month!

<3

Yes I did see it, lol I don't think I responded though. Didn't have time. But yeah.

I guess BF3, just isn't for us yet. I mean it would have been nice to been up there with the big dogs, but hey its alright. Everything doesn't work out all the time. BF3 is just for the big clans, the small clans will emerge later, soon enough. (then maybe)

Kharn wrote:
I thought MW3...or any CoD:MW game doesn't feature a "Choose Server" type Mutli-player? Thought it was a "Find a group" or something?

They do, all of them except one I thought...maybe I was thinking something else.....but yea no servers, it plays on the best host. Meh, w.e I don't want to argue about that...I don't find that interesting, but it is what it is.

Kharn wrote:
And the clan can't afford the +$ for the slots + the Dev costs for those slots.

And WTF is with that? Charging clans/private users a extra fee for making your game popular? Who in the Dev's team of Financial Advisory Board came up with that?

"So we want to make sure to have great online play! But how can we be guaranteeing that servers/hosting will be up-to-par?"

"We will just charge Server Hosts a extra fee to insure that only the most wealthy/stupid of people can afford to own servers!"

"Won't that mean less servers and there for less people online?"

"BWAHAHAA MONEY MONEY MONEY!! I NEED NEW FUCKING HEART TO REPLACE THIS TINY ASS'D ONE I'VE GOT NOW!"

And that's my little Role-play on what happened at BF3's Developer's Financial Advisory's Board Meeting!

Still...BF3 looks amazing...

RIGHT, I know. and this cost goes out to all, actually. So thats what they will start doing with games, just like you stated above, because they want more money.

Just watch, when the next game comes out.

“When the people fear the government, that's tyranny; when the government fears the people, that's freedom.” - Wise Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:26 am 
EgN Member
Done and done.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:31 am 
Community Leader
Legend
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Smokey wrote:
Done and done.

=]
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.

🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7018832
because nobody wants to join a server and wait for like 35-50 minutes to fill up for 8 ppl...

I'd like the promotion, the paycheck and parking spot. But I don’t really want to be in charge of anything.

#Wolfie4Staff2k17/2k18
<05:09:34> "Wolfie" was removed from server group "Supporter" by "Kharn".
<05:09:39> "Wolfie" was added to server group "Staff" by "Kharn".

k :/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:24 am 
EgN Member
Wolfie wrote:
because nobody wants to join a server and wait for like 35-50 minutes to fill up for 8 ppl...

Nice to finally hear some input from you about the BF3 server. Its kinda to late now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:09 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7018832
Smokey wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

Nice to finally hear some input from you about the BF3 server. Its kinda to late now.

Well ive not been around for a lil while... like out with friends 24/7....

Also. i said this at the meeting, if anyone remembers... (IN CHAT) since i was sick... said it several times if i remember correctly? to fix it so its like 1-4 player start.

I'd like the promotion, the paycheck and parking spot. But I don’t really want to be in charge of anything.

#Wolfie4Staff2k17/2k18
<05:09:34> "Wolfie" was removed from server group "Supporter" by "Kharn".
<05:09:39> "Wolfie" was added to server group "Staff" by "Kharn".

k :/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:26 am 
Community Leader
Legend
Wolfie wrote:
if anyone remembers... (IN CHAT) since i was sick... said it several times if i remember correctly? to fix it so its like 1-4 player start.

That issue has been fixed for a long time.

🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage

New Topic Locked  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next