Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:59 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:168005072
Wassgud I was wondering if a point system for Jailbreak and MG could possibly be implemented because from past experience on my last JB server it was relatively popular among several various players Overall items such Hats, Trails, Skins, etc. would be very fun to have. To elaborate on how this would work, a given player would type the command !store and it would show up the menu to buy items in categories. The way a player would earn a point per minute would be by someone like doldol or whoever sets up JB to enable a credit to be earned every minute within the server for all players and it will gradually increase, allowing players to eventually purchase whatever they choose. Other ways could include buy purchasing points by sending donations to EGN and making a post in a certain section (using a format with steam id, etc.) then a staff member or higher could of-course distribute the points accordingly in-game. This will obviously be very beneficial to EGN financial wise if many regulars want to get points quickly. Aside from that they could also earn points during events (the points would be the prizes) and me and Yio are trying to talk to staff to get an event set up soon too. I am also aware other priorities come first for staff, so this isn't urgent so it doesn't need to happen asap just something to consider for the future

Now before y'all say shit like "Naw bruh this idea ass", please consider it before having an immediate objection.

Thank y'all for reading, preciate it

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:57 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:10492790
There are uncountable ways that this could be beneficial for both players and the community itself.. Chaos_Boss never ceases to impress me with his proactive dedication. Hoping this could be looked at and thought about thoroughly.
I don't like mirrors, its almost like there's an unknown world right on the other side.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:24 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
It's been brought up, looked at, discussed, it's not something the community has been overall interested in having, creating, or managing. That's not to say that feeling hasn't changed over time, but in the past it's not necessarily been wanted.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:45 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
Yiggles Moto wrote:
It's been brought up, looked at, discussed, it's not something the community has been overall interested in having, creating, or managing. That's not to say that feeling hasn't changed over time, but in the past it's not necessarily been wanted.

New year, new leader, and new members. In my opinion, the main reason the older generations weren't wanting a point shop was because it's always been a highly "vanilla" set of servers (well... mostly vanilla). However, we haven't really been all that vanilla for almost a year now, after we added automated LR, warden plugins, etc. to our jailbreak server. Even the minigames server wasn't technically all that vanilla with the rtd plugin. After seeing how successful the lr plugin and warden plugin were (when they didn't crash the server horrendously...), I think it'd an idea worth putting to the test.

Whereas I used to not be all that interested in the idea, I now think that as long as we don't go too overboard (to the point it takes any longer than 5-10 minutes to download all the needed content), it could actually be quite interesting to start introducing things like a pointshop (possibly a universal one, between all our CS:S servers). Worst case scenario, if we try it and don't like it (or problems come up), we can remove it like we've done with other plugins that haven't quite worked out.
Beep boop.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:59 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
In my opinion no and always no if you get points for kills.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:02 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
Cooper wrote:
In my opinion no and always no if you get points for kills.

I'd have to agree there. For one, CT's would always have more points than T's, and two, the last thing we need is CT's looking for even more reason to be nazis.

It should be primarily time based if we have it.
Beep boop.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:15 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
If we get one, has to be time based. Not killed based.
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)
Spoiler: Show

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:34 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:168005072
Thank yall for responding. At the end of the day none of us knows how it will go unless we try it!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:45 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Chaos_Boss wrote:
Thank yall for responding. At the end of the day none of us knows how it will go unless we try it!

You are right here but the problem I personally see with adding a store and/or a point system would be the maintenance. We dont have anyone int he Staff+ team who has the time and effort to keep it maintained. We've had store come up a lot of times and always comes up as a no. Store on jailbreak personally wouldn't work?

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:03 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
Central wrote:
Chaos_Boss wrote:

You are right here but the problem I personally see with adding a store and/or a point system would be the maintenance. We dont have anyone int he Staff+ team who has the time and effort to keep it maintained. We've had store come up a lot of times and always comes up as a no. Store on jailbreak personally wouldn't work?

Theoretically, if it's planned and deployed correctly there wouldn't need to be maintenance truly. It's just getting / creating a compatible store that the community would want, if they even want one.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

New Topic Post Reply  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next