>> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:56 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:117015658
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Neezon wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:

Wasn't sure if anyone made these points yet, but just what I think on the whole. Again - this Point-of-View is based solely on the fact that HnS is interpreted as a warday.

While I agree with most of what you said, I wanted to also point out one difference that to me is an important one. In a HnS game, there's a prize at the end for not dying (lr), which makes it a game due to the fact there's a clear objective and reward. In Warday, the only reward to not seeking out the CTs is staying alive a little longer. As long as lr being a prize at the end of HnS is a thing, it's meaningfully different to wardays in my opinion, even if comparable still in a lot of regards.

This is exactly why I made a post like this. I've not (myself) seen a goal for whoever "hides" the best in HnS. Which is my points are based solely on it being based on a warday. Different points of view and ways of interpreting/deploying a HnS day is the only way it might get added. Separate it from a Freeday and separate it from a Warday.

Yeah I agree, for it to be officially added the rules should be specified, as you said, so that a HnS game is meaningfully different to warday/freeday, otherwise there definitely is no point. I've seen a lot of people give LR as a reward, but at the same time I have also seen no reward being given on HnS, which I definitely think has to be a thing. That, as well as giving it some restrictions on how often it can/should be done, and it's generally a pretty fun game to play to switch things up from doing the same orders/wardays on a map.

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:29 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49794826
Terminator wrote:
BriBee wrote:
Tbf it doesn't really matter at this point. Staff have already commented and given an answer. You wanna bring it up at the next admin meeting? Sure go ahead, we have one in about three months or so I believe. Until then chill out and maybe don't argue with everyone ya know?

this thread is made to discuss if it is allowed, in what form it could be played, how it could be played if alowed and how it should be played.
people are free to argue about specifics of how and when it can/should be played. thats why it has remained open untill now. for as long as people don't personally attack eachother there isn't any problem and this can remain open to discuss and give opinions. after all, this helps in admin meetings and helps give people insight in how players think on the server and what they would like to see.

should deffinetly be looked at by staff and representatives so they see what people want. after all, thats the purpose of the whole representative rank,no?

Thats not the whole purpose of the representative rank but I also see your point.
However my point was the fact that they were no longer really discussing anything when the exact same statement was being made over and over just in variation.
That isn't productive and isn't gonna help anything.
But yes, obviously its open for a reason and everyone is encouraged to calm discuss their take on it.
I never said anything otherwise.

EgN| Vertical_360: What's a grown up? I bet its gross.
Simmons: The best jail bait there is. Get used to it :P
Jeremy 10:31 pm when you find a woman willing to walk into hell for you....you found *Her*

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:09 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
so i've been trying to read thru all of this but i cant find what rule they are saying its against, or are they saying its just not different enough from wardays is all?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:34 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
so i've been trying to read thru all of this but i cant find what rule they are saying its against, or are they saying its just not different enough from wardays is all?

I listed a few in my post on the last page. Also explain that if it were more different from a warday, the rules wouldn't really apply anymore.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:46 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:

I listed a few in my post on the last page. Also explain that if it were more different from a warday, the rules wouldn't really apply anymore.

as per my last email, i could'it find them can u quote the post ur talking about for me plz then.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:02 pm 
Staff
Legend
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:

as per my last email, i could'it find them can u quote the post ur talking about for me plz then.

Apologies Sir/Madam, my last e-mail had some incorrect information and it was actually found on the 3rd page of this thread. Please find the information here below:
Yiggles Moto wrote:
I'm going to add my 2 cents to this.

Hide-and-seek days are controversial because they are so close to just being a warday with a twist. But our rules we have in place for wardays directly contradict using it as a base for hide-and-seek.

70 A warday may only be called in 2 or less adjacent locations
66 War days will expand at 3:30 every time.
28 You may not camp the armoury or secrets (CTs should be out of armory by 6:30) [this one can be avoided by having the CTs wait somewhere else]

HnS is a warday that expands immediately basically, and takes on the whole of the map.

These are just the observations I've made because every one of these days I've seen, just turns into a large-scale immediately expanded warday.
With it also being more based on a warday completely debunks the "freeday" point-of-view:

18 A war is NOT refusable, and an LR is not permitted on a warday.

Ts can choose not to try and kill CTs on a warday, but they still get killed because you can't refuse it.

Wasn't sure if anyone made these points yet, but just what I think on the whole. Again - this Point-of-View is based solely on the fact that HnS is interpreted as a warday.
-No Pity For A Coward-
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:02 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
@yiggles I see how u can compare it with warday.
But if we were to give it a twist or something and play it differently....could it be that we can find a way it would be allowed to play?
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:05 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:73025945
BriBee wrote:
However my point was the fact that they were no longer really discussing anything when the exact same statement was being made over and over just in variation.
That isn't productive and isn't gonna help anything.

The only reason I had to say that 3 times is cause central kept arguing with me about points i never disagreed with because he didn't care to actually read what I initially said.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:33 am 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:114337355
Alright, so bottom line, can I still call these days or no.

Will this be discussed for the next meeting u guys have?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:54 am 
Staff
Legend
Blitzkrieg #LgK wrote:
Alright, so bottom line, can I still call these days or no.

Will this be discussed for the next meeting u guys have?

At this point in time, please refrain from calling Hide and Seek days.
-No Pity For A Coward-

New Topic Post Reply  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 >> Next