1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: AFK checks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:13 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:440726571
First off, I know AFK checks aren't really needed, like you aren't forced to give them. But in a way, would it be abusing the give warnings rule? I was on today and saw someone say afk check (INSERT NAME) 321. In about 0.5 seconds. And killed him. You wouldn't be able to do that with a "Warning (INSERT NAME). And kill them in half a second. So wouldn't doing afk checks be abusing the warning rule? No one ever does afk check (INSERT NAME) 3---2---1. I feel its total bullshit. You give them half a second, while you couldn't do that with a warning.
If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. ~Maya Angelou

Everybody's at war with different things...I'm at war with my own heart sometimes. ~Tupac Shakur

[X] Become a Recruit
[X] Become a Member
[X] Become an Elite
[X] Become a Veteran
[N/A] Become an Elder ( I don't care about whats beyond, this is good enough for me)

ONE UPPED ZERO

Social 
 Post subject: Re: AFK checks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:15 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
Honestly if they are sitting in their cell, not asking for a repeat and still in the cell spawn location, there is no need for a warning. Just give them an afk check. I usually do them when I make all the T's go to ramp and/or get them away from the cells.
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:29 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
AFK checks are a courtesy, not a requirement. I really don't think its a big deal how much time they give. If they are AFK they will die, either way, while warnings are intended to let people correct their mistakes before instantly blasting them. The checks aren't mandatory so I don't really see a point in changing any rules because of them, if you want to be nice and give them the benefit of the doubt then you can give an AFK check or you can just kill them right away. It's really your choice.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:34 pm 
Co Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80046838
Cooper wrote:
AFK checks are a courtesy, not a requirement. I really don't think its a big deal how much time they give. If they are AFK they will die, either way, while warnings are intended to let people correct their mistakes before instantly blasting them. The checks aren't mandatory so I don't really see a point in changing any rules because of them, if you want to be nice and give them the benefit of the doubt then you can give an AFK check or you can just kill them right away. It's really your choice.
2018 Goals for EgN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:35 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49794826
Tricky wrote:
Cooper wrote:

EgN| Vertical_360: What's a grown up? I bet its gross.
Simmons: The best jail bait there is. Get used to it :P
Jeremy 10:31 pm when you find a woman willing to walk into hell for you....you found *Her*

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:56 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24921937
If it really bothers you then use the warning rule to see if they are afk or not.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:23 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:440726571
I use the warning rule and cooper, I even myself stated "I know AFK checks aren't really needed, like you aren't forced to give them." I just find it dumb. I do use warnings (most of the time) but whats the point of even giving them an AFK check for 3 seconds and giving them half a second. If thats the case is that not going against the give warning? Maybe, I'm wrong and you can say "Warning Bread, stay frozen" and then immediately kill them. But as far as I know. You aren't.
If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. ~Maya Angelou

Everybody's at war with different things...I'm at war with my own heart sometimes. ~Tupac Shakur

[X] Become a Recruit
[X] Become a Member
[X] Become an Elite
[X] Become a Veteran
[N/A] Become an Elder ( I don't care about whats beyond, this is good enough for me)

ONE UPPED ZERO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:57 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
IN BREAD CATS wrote:
I use the warning rule and cooper, I even myself stated "I know AFK checks aren't really needed, like you aren't forced to give them." I just find it dumb. I do use warnings (most of the time) but whats the point of even giving them an AFK check for 3 seconds and giving them half a second. If thats the case is that not going against the give warning? Maybe, I'm wrong and you can say "Warning Bread, stay frozen" and then immediately kill them. But as far as I know. You aren't.

Well I think there are a few differences between warning someone for unfreezing and not warning someone who is afk.

They can be unfrozen and still somewhat be following the orders but if they are sitting in their cell not responding then they are showing blatant disregard for the orders which would normally make them a rebel, you could even argue they are delaying.

It also makes sense from a roleplay perspective. The warden is commanding the T’s to leave their cells and do a bunch of orders, if a guy is sitting in his cell irresponsive they probably are going to reprimand him for it, which in this case the consequences would be death.

From a gameplay perspective why would we keep a guy alive if he is just gonna sit there and do nothing the whole round?

I know you aren’t questioning whether afks should be killed or not, but these are just a few reasons why I think its justifiable to kill them without warning.

AFK checks may be a little “pointless” but thats why they aren’t forced. They don’t really hurt anyone, but they allow CT’s to be nice if they want to and give the T the opportunity to live on the slight chance they manage to come back in time. It’s a win win situation all around.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:45 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:154425208
Wait till the warden tells the rest of the t's that aren't afk to go to the spray or button. If the afk guy isn't back by then then kill him. but if he is actively delaying then warn him or shoot.
By the power of the cheeto gods shall let you read my signature!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:31 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17299991
Eeuhm free higer kdr?

New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next