Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New Rule Idea
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:57 am 
EgN Member
Game rules have to be given BEFORE the game starts and any rules given DURING the game are not valid.
you either hate me or dont know who i am

Social 
 Post subject: Re: New Rule Idea
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:04 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Yeah this is interesting but it would be pretty much of an ass move to set rules during the game. Specifically considering setting rules during the game will just make it more unfair on either side depending on the situation.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:40 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:73025945
I guess this is sort of relevant but diverges a bit
If T's are going to do a race and the warden doesn't specify no cheating, and when it starts someone completes the race by cheating, if the warden AFTER they complete by cheating says no cheating is that actually valid?
I'm just thinking that it would make sense that the T's who completed it by cheating should be in the clear because the warden should have been aware enough to call no cheating before starting the race right?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:47 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
Sugoni wrote:
I guess this is sort of relevant but diverges a bit
If T's are going to do a race and the warden doesn't specify no cheating, and when it starts someone completes the race by cheating, if the warden AFTER they complete by cheating says no cheating is that actually valid?
I'm just thinking that it would make sense that the T's who completed it by cheating should be in the clear because the warden should have been aware enough to call no cheating before starting the race right?

I’d say this probs

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
So to the first thing of no changing rules during the game is kinda weird to say tho. Like u want them to just stop the game and restart it? This will just delay rounds. Take more time and will have the same results.

Everybody chose to be where they are at the moment a rule gets added. Nobody was forced to be on that specific square, nobody was forced to get hit down to 12hp.... and it isn't as much as an ass move as it is to progress the game/round

And u can consider everything unfair. It eventually comes down to skill. If u are good enough u can survive and get lr
Like u could say "if u didn't add that use I would have won u just made it impossible for me to win" no. Just be Good enough and think ahead.

For example:if u play breakfloor. And u chose to jump on that 1 block instead of the group of 3 and the rule no jumping in 5 sec gets added. Is that making it unfair? U had a chance to go to the group yet u decided to go there.

For the cheating people: stop crying when u get stopped when u are trying to be an asshole urself. U could be fair and play the game and have a fair winner. Yet u think u can go ahead and cheat the game and prob get your teammates killed so u get lr

IF that backfires in your face when a warden says "no cheating go do it legit" that shouldn't be a problem. Also: u can't complete a race u never started. U complete something when u finished 100% of it. If u got from start directly to end without going in the race u shouldn't be granted credit for completing it unless warden specifically stated "get to finish any way possible"
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:48 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
I'd say it already is a rule under "Don't be an asshole" depending on the scenario.

Obviously there are some scenarios where it would make sense for the rules to change (such as a bunch of T's dying in the middle of the game) but if it's clear that someone is being an asshole and trying to move the finish line or make the game harder when someones about to complete it then they shouldn't be doing it anyway.

As for saying no cheating in the middle of the game, I think it makes sense just because it could be an oversight of the warden or T's trying to be smartasses and not doing what the warden actually intended for them.

One rule I think should be added though is that before opinionated games start you have to clearly state the game is refusable because recently it became a pretty popular thing to play an opinionated game without clarifying that its refusable and instantly kill anyone that would participate (Do I like how you smell? / Do I want you to live? / What are you making me to eat? etc)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:46 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24921937
Cooper wrote:
I'd say it already is a rule under "Don't be an asshole" depending on the scenario.

Obviously there are some scenarios where it would make sense for the rules to change (such as a bunch of T's dying in the middle of the game) but if it's clear that someone is being an asshole and trying to move the finish line or make the game harder when someones about to complete it then they shouldn't be doing it anyway.

As for saying no cheating in the middle of the game, I think it makes sense just because it could be an oversight of the warden or T's trying to be smartasses and not doing what the warden actually intended for them.

One rule I think should be added though is that before opinionated games start you have to clearly state the game is refusable because recently it became a pretty popular thing to play an opinionated game without clarifying that its refusable and instantly kill anyone that would participate (Do I like how you smell? / Do I want you to live? / What are you making me to eat? etc)

I’d add to this that prizes for opiniated games will not include those that refused. Such as do x to kill 3ts and it is solely opinionated and 3 non participating ts die...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:03 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:32625138
The cheaters are just doing it to be smart and then make a big fuss on mic when they inevitably get told to complete a game legitimately.

It's the same case with detouring and delaying. From past experience on other servers, all it ever caused was frustration having to specify it after every order. I have never seen this issue since I began playing again.

How about we imply no cheating across the board?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:11 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
thank you for your idea though fren, will probably be discussed in the next admin meeting which we don't know when, I assume in about 2-3 months time.
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

Spoiler: Show

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:04 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:73025945
Fren wrote:
The cheaters are just doing it to be smart and then make a big fuss on mic when they inevitably get told to complete a game legitimately.

It's the same case with detouring and delaying. From past experience on other servers, all it ever caused was frustration having to specify it after every order. I have never seen this issue since I began playing again.

How about we imply no cheating across the board?

No detouring or delaying is implied though. You just have to warn then kill for that.
As for the no cheating rule certain wardens want to reward those who notice the warden didn't say no cheating. For example on spyvspy there are plenty of people who say 'first out gets reward' at climb making sure they or another CT at no point said use the teleport to die
E.g. warden says 'go to climb and freeze in the water's makes sure t' who go into climb stay in climb
They don't say use teleport to die because they want people who notice that to use teleport and win

My question was really shouldn't the warden be held accountable for what they state the game to be? It wasn't a case of if you're told to do it legit as you're heading to the end then you have to do it legit then that's not fair cause you were already cheating
What I mean was (correcting what I was on about earlier)
If the warden said 'first to the end gets prize' and never said no cheating, you get to the end. The warden never said you had to complete the race, the warden never said no cheating and everything said by him hinted that cheating was allowed, but when you'd already won by cheating he says no cheating, you've just wasted time doing the cheat way and winning and because the warden failed to specify at the start you have to go back to the start and are at a disadvantage because every else is half way through
If it was that kind of situation the warden correcting it like that kind of seems unfair.
If it was as you started the cheating route but didn't complete it I'd say it's fair but sometimes I feel like they only say no cheating because a certain person won

New Topic Post Reply  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next