New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:23 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
What do you guys think if we had the !admins plugin, so people actually knew who were admins and therefore easier to get in contact with them if anything happens? we have a really crouded server and i think it would be a good idea.

And maybe the !calladmin too. It could be linked into this website and make a notification or a new post in a new section. It would give more control and admins does not have to be online (on the server 24 hours 7 days a week)

Would recon it would help, any thoughts?

EgN moments:

Spoiler: Show

Social 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:30 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:195157239
We had this suggestion before a few months ago of adding a !call admins plugin that can be found here and already have a plugin /who (but must be admin) to see who has admin, what access do you have: chat, basic_admin, ctban, swap, give. And also, you could check on the forum who has admin, in Game Admin < Admin List to see who has admin.
"Time always flows equal and doesn’t undergo any changes, independent of existence or absence of things, independent of their motion or rest."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:37 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Good idea but will make it easier for trolls to hide what they do. Just check it by the command and know if u can get Insta banned or not. So wouldn't help as much
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:57 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Terminator wrote:
Good idea but will make it easier for trolls to hide what they do. Just check it by the command and know if u can get Insta banned or not. So wouldn't help as much

Should be possible to make the !calladmin silent so no one can see it.

Just read the other post, it seems like at that given time the server didnt have nearly as many cases to sort out. But i feel like our community as a whole on the jailbreak server is starting to get more and more toxic, and this might be a good change for the toxicity to be handled. I've had it on multiple servers some years ago and it worked out fine.
We have a dailey of 5-10 ban reports and it might help to "catch em all".

People abusing it: Gets dealt with
People using it on small or lesser things: Gets Warning
Have a set of rules. I am more than ready to go and make some, if it is because it takes time.

I have never heard of it not being a good implement on all the servers which had it and i have contacted owners about it for along time ago.
I know this will take time to get used to, but with the toxicity raising it would be easier to handle in my opinion

EgN moments:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:03 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22218476
There's already a function for this accessible to everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:15 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
koolaid wrote:
There's already a function for this accessible to everyone.

The problem with report is people are lazy.
People which is in EGN does 99% of the reports anyways. This would be an easier way for us to catch em as i said.

EgN moments:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:30 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
I personally don't think adding something like this would fix anything.

The server isn't necessarily getting "more toxic" over time, but instead getting "more toxic" once admins get off. Obviously, the easy answer would be a way to get admins on, but outside of the fact that admins aren't required to get on or listen to the reports most people who are toxic with no admins stop soon as they get on. Majority of people who are stupid enough to break rules with admins on are the ones in the ban reports and the rest just wait until they leave to be toxic.

If anything the server would need both a calladmin plugin AND an adminstealth plugin as well or else people will stop breaking rules soon as an admin gets on anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:21 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:421549297
I feel like this is a good idea in someways but I feel like it is a unnecessarily thing to have.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:33 pm 
EgN Member
Stealth admin or some form of not being required to have your egn tag and normal name.

Cooper is correct. The moment a hint of admin showing up- They turn into angels, or go silent.

Admin call in would be good too. Get volunteer admins for the service who would like to take on the load.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:13 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
Cooper wrote:
If anything the server would need both a calladmin plugin AND an adminstealth plugin as well or else people will stop breaking rules soon as an admin gets on anyways.

Yep. The guy that's mic spamming will stop. The MFK'er will say all his kills were legit. Whilst you'd fix the conduct within the server by connecting, we aren't solving the root of the problem that is behaviour in the server when admins are not present.

A stealthadmin plugin would be productive for EgN'ers of any rank to collate evidence that would form a complaint pursuing a permanent server ban but "undercover" server administration would only put the admins at greater odds with the players. Administrating undercover communicates to the players that you do not trust them to follow the rules when you aren't present. To reiterate, including either plugin isn't solving a problem we currently have in my opinion.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next