Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Binding Jump
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:09 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15637141
I guess I'm dumb, I had my jump bound to my mouse wheel up and down.. had to reconfigure my keyboard so I set all back to default and only have the option of MOUSEWHEELDOWN or MOUSEWHEELUP, but not both.. fuckin up my bhoping lol.
anyone know how to set this to both up and down?

Social 
 Post subject: Re: Binding Jump
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:18 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:73025945
You need to do it through console.
Bind mwheelup "+jump"; bind mwheeldown "+jump"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:40 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15637141
Word thanks homie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:12 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
I can do you one better. I can set up you up some aliases so that way mousewheel only makes you jump while you're holding a key (like V), and acts normal when you're not holding that key. You can do this with any binds, really.

Put something like this in your autoexec (Aliases have to be put in config files, since they're not kept between sessions, and so you can't use just the console for this, or you'll have to do it every time you play):

alias +bhop "bind mwheelup +jump; bind mwheeldown +jump"
alias -bhop "bind mwheelup invprev; bind mwheeldown invnext"
bind v +bhop

You can replace "v" with any key you would want to hold down.
Beep boop.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:41 am 
EgN Member
Gr1m0ire wrote:
I can do you one better. I can set up you up some aliases so that way mousewheel only makes you jump while you're holding a key (like V), and acts normal when you're not holding that key. You can do this with any binds, really.

Put something like this in your autoexec (Aliases have to be put in config files, since they're not kept between sessions, and so you can't use just the console for this, or you'll have to do it every time you play):

bind v +bhop

that would be good if you didn't want fluid gameplay. Holding down another button to allow you to jump would be too distracting. Why bother?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:52 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
Sugoni wrote:
Gr1m0ire wrote:

bind v +bhop

that would be good if you didn't want fluid gameplay. Holding down another button to allow you to jump would be too distracting. Why bother?

I've used it for a long time now, and I never really had any issues with fluid gameplay with it. Tbf, I've played games for a really long time (especially source games) and am used to things like that. However, even when I first created the system back in like, 2014, I still had plenty fluid gameplay with it.

If that doesn't work so well for you though, you can also create a toggle system. Like the first one, it uses aliases, but instead you either change the alias, or the bind. Usually if I do a toggle (which I usually don't), I use binds.

alias bhopon "bind mwheelup +jump; bind mwheeldown +jump; bind v bhopoff"
alias bhopoff "bind mwheelup invprev; bind mwheeldown invnext; bind v bhopon"
bind v bhopon

The only complaint I have with a system like that is that you have to change every "v" in there if you want to change it to a different key, unless you're changing the aliases. But, if you don't like the original system I gave, this one might work better for you.
Beep boop.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:36 am 
EgN Member
Gr1m0ire wrote:
Sugoni wrote:
Gr1m0ire wrote:

bind v +bhop

I've used it for a long time now, and I never really had any issues with fluid gameplay with it. Tbf, I've played games for a really long time (especially source games) and am used to things like that. However, even when I first created the system back in like, 2014, I still had plenty fluid gameplay with it.

If that doesn't work so well for you though, you can also create a toggle system. Like the first one, it uses aliases, but instead you either change the alias, or the bind. Usually if I do a toggle (which I usually don't), I use binds.

alias bhopon "bind mwheelup +jump; bind mwheeldown +jump; bind v bhopoff"
alias bhopoff "bind mwheelup invprev; bind mwheeldown invnext; bind v bhopon"
bind v bhopon

The only complaint I have with a system like that is that you have to change every "v" in there if you want to change it to a different key, unless you're changing the aliases. But, if you don't like the original system I gave, this one might work better for you.

I mean it's fair enough if you want to use something like this but i don't see what else you'd want to switch scroll wheel to really? I know it's default for switching weapons but people usually replace it with jump for a reason. Unless you have complete control over your mousewheel it can be clunky and annoying when you accidentally switch weapons. Only is never annoying with commands you need to spam like jump for bhopping

New Topic Post Reply  [ 7 posts ]