1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:59 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15637141
Yiggles Moto wrote:
The point of doing FR/LR is to kill people that arent from around here.

Social 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:32 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
Nick Cage wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:

Yes and why would u purposely play games u know will kill them? Isn't the point having fun and making sure new players stay around? Killing them because they not from around here is pretty shitty and is being an asshole
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:24 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8618712
they agree to the rules so it's on them. All this "nobody reads the rules" doesn't matter because it is their fault for accepting them and not knowing that they could easily refuse the game :(((((

I spam the forums to raise my post count, like most people.

Yeet

Here I will list my favorite quotes as I hear them.

"See you on the Forums." - Everyone - Everywhere
"If I had a daughter, I'd let you go out with her." - Mr.Kharn - TeamSpeak
"You've changed Minion." - more than one person
"The player 'Rias' is shit" - TimeTable - Forums
"CT machine broke" - 2hobos1box - JB
Anything xnyc says
"Minion sucks at gaming" - florarodgers - Chaturbate
"She was cute until she pulled out that 9 incher" - Mr.GoldGames - Teamspeak
"Idiot!" - SemiAutoNoob - TeamSpeak
"If he (me) gets 30 years, I get 30 years. - Daddy - PoliceRP

Artwork made for me
Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:26 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
We did something about the game when it was a problem, we made it refuseable. This, in turn, discouraged wardens from playing it since the majority of the server simply refused to participate. FR/LR is just as harsh to new players, in fact far less so, than the current meta of prisoners choosing other prisoners to die. When somebody chooses you to die because they were faster answering a routine math question, that's an alienating and sometimes frustrating experience depending on the round timer. It feels like you aren't allowed in their treehouse. :(

At least with FR/LR, as Synthic said, you die once and you know next time that you can refuse the game. And if you jumped or crouched when the order was given then you knew what FR/LR was and you didn't read the rules you agreed to (as Uchies said). The game is worded ambiguously, I believe it would need explaining to a first time Jail Break player.

On the point about not being clear on games being refuseable and having to explain things... that's entirely on the warden. He can call joke day and he should be able to kill you without explaining a single thing. It's not his fault that a) you didn't read the rules and find that the game was refuseable and b) you didn't clarify what would happen if he didn't like your joke. Tough luck buddy, you are a prisoner after all. Just eat the bullets and take a back seat so we can get on with the round.

As an aside, and it's something I may address further in the next meeting when I can get in TeamSpeak and get my application accepted and so forth, but I am starting to notice that many people play CT and never take Warden, or in some cases we end up in a server of 16 players and the ratio is 1:15. I played last weekend, I swear down we had 9 CT's and only 1 had a mic, or was actually brave enough to take Warden and give orders. I think it's time to look at why this is happening pretty consistently and ask ourselves if we are putting too much pressure on Wardens to make the game "fun" with threads such at this one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:43 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:199039976
Mootinie wrote:
We did something about the game when it was a problem, we made it refuseable. This, in turn, discouraged wardens from playing it since the majority of the server simply refused to participate. FR/LR is just as harsh to new players, in fact far less so, than the current meta of prisoners choosing other prisoners to die. When somebody chooses you to die because they were faster answering a routine math question, that's an alienating and sometimes frustrating experience depending on the round timer. It feels like you aren't allowed in their treehouse. :(

At least with FR/LR, as Synthic said, you die once and you know next time that you can refuse the game. And if you jumped or crouched when the order was given then you knew what FR/LR was and you didn't read the rules you agreed to (as Uchies said). The game is worded ambiguously, I believe it would need explaining to a first time Jail Break player.

On the point about not being clear on games being refuseable and having to explain things... that's entirely on the warden. He can call joke day and he should be able to kill you without explaining a single thing. It's not his fault that a) you didn't read the rules and find that the game was refuseable and b) you didn't clarify what would happen if he didn't like your joke. Tough luck buddy, you are a prisoner after all. Just eat the bullets and take a back seat so we can get on with the round.

As an aside, and it's something I may address further in the next meeting when I can get in TeamSpeak and get my application accepted and so forth, but I am starting to notice that many people play CT and never take Warden, or in some cases we end up in a server of 16 players and the ratio is 1:15. I played last weekend, I swear down we had 9 CT's and only 1 had a mic, or was actually brave enough to take Warden and give orders. I think it's time to look at why this is happening pretty consistently and ask ourselves if we are putting too much pressure on Wardens to make the game "fun" with threads such at this one.

It isn't to make the game fun. When a warden goes and does first reaction last reaction once and kills one person its fine but when 8 people are playing the game and the warden purposely plays the game 8 times to get all 8 people killed who "Played It Correctly" That makes it unfun. It is completely ridiculous. I just don't understand it. What's the point in punishing players who come to our server to have fun that do not know every rule. I think games like this should be required to tell the T's it is refusable and you do not have to play. And no what synthic said isn't true. Some people when they die during fr/ls might think oh I was slower then a few others. It isn't always clear why someone dies.
Snapchat:Johnday9875
Instagram:John_Day_            
I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me -Wreck It Ralph:)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:59 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:48771745
just git gud lmao

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:20 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
Terminator wrote:
Nick Cage wrote:
Yiggles Moto wrote:

Yes and why would u purposely play games u know will kill them? Isn't the point having fun and making sure new players stay around? Killing them because they not from around here is pretty shitty and is being an asshole

Im not justifying - just answering a question. People use it to kill and make it easier to manage the Ts.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:44 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34125752
The whole point of jb is to kill prisoners. If you don't believe that, look at all the games (map or not) that people play, or can play. It's there to kill prisoners and whittle the number of prisoners down to just one. Otherwise, they wouldn't be "death" games.

While rules are there to keep it on as fair of a playing field as possible, every game will have people who might not know how to play it. People have to die once or twice (or many times) to learn how to play it, be it colors, climb, race, simon says, or even fr/lr. Even if there is no favoritism for these games, there will never be fairness in them, because there will always be people who know the rules better, or know how to play the game better, have better reactions, whatever.

The main complaint that I'm seeing from op is that people will not know about that rule when they play, and thus they die because of it. That's too bad for them, since we require all players to read and accept the rule before playing. If they decide not to listen and have issues playing on our servers because of it, that is entirely their fault. If it puts them at a disadvantage because they decided not to read that they can refuse fr/lr, then maybe they need to read the rules they accepted. We are not here to accommodate for people who refuse to read the rules when they join just because it "inconveniences" them.

Now, with that being said, if people want to change the rules, that's fine. That's completely understandable. What's not understandable is to expect us to change the rules because some people here and there decide not to read them because they've played "blah other server" and think our rules are just like theirs.
Beep boop.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:00 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:199039976
Gr1m0ire wrote:
The whole point of jb is to kill prisoners. If you don't believe that, look at all the games (map or not) that people play, or can play. It's there to kill prisoners and whittle the number of prisoners down to just one. Otherwise, they wouldn't be "death" games.

While rules are there to keep it on as fair of a playing field as possible, every game will have people who might not know how to play it. People have to die once or twice (or many times) to learn how to play it, be it colors, climb, race, simon says, or even fr/lr. Even if there is no favoritism for these games, there will never be fairness in them, because there will always be people who know the rules better, or know how to play the game better, have better reactions, whatever.

The main complaint that I'm seeing from op is that people will not know about that rule when they play, and thus they die because of it. That's too bad for them, since we require all players to read and accept the rule before playing. If they decide not to listen and have issues playing on our servers because of it, that is entirely their fault. If it puts them at a disadvantage because they decided not to read that they can refuse fr/lr, then maybe they need to read the rules they accepted. We are not here to accommodate for people who refuse to read the rules when they join just because it "inconveniences" them.

Now, with that being said, if people want to change the rules, that's fine. That's completely understandable. What's not understandable is to expect us to change the rules because some people here and there decide not to read them because they've played "blah other server" and think our rules are just like theirs.

If one of the rules says it unfair to play then why are we playing it? If a rule states it's a unfair game then just get rid of it.
Snapchat:Johnday9875
Instagram:John_Day_            
I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me -Wreck It Ralph:)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:15 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:36657842
Pro Hop wrote:
Gr1m0ire wrote:

If one of the rules says it unfair to play then why are we playing it? If a rule states it's a unfair game then just get rid of it.

blows my mind how ur actually still fucking crying about this.

"think of the poor people who have never ever played jailbreak before! there are dozens of them!"
ImageImageImageImageImage

New Topic Post Reply  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next