Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:51 pm 
Community Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:44657538
Dyno wrote:
http://elevatedgaming.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=17161&p=256818&hilit=RTD#p256818

Mr.GoldGames wrote:
TITTYSPRINKLES. wrote:
I'm here to vouch for RTD. Most of the people complaining about it literally never play MiniGames. I am on there 3 times a day and I rarely see people complain about it. Most important to, for course levels, RTD allows people that have no idea how to bhop etc to still participate to a degree instead of just getting bored and bailing. It's really hard to get and keep that server populated. Alot of times I'll go into other mg servers and I can draw a population from there to us just by telling them we have RTD. It will be a huge hit that server to remove it and then it will just be like any other abandoned empty MiniGames server on CSS.

Just my .02

The plugin will be staying as long as im manager, or it breaks.

That's one from goldgames saying it'll never be removed, and if you do a quick search for RTD you'll notice it's been a topic for debate ALOT

I completely agree with this statement. RTD just makes minigames more fun and entertaining. Removing it would probably result in the server dying, and would make it lose its uniqueness. If you don't like the fact that we have the RTD plugin on our server, then just go to one of those dead, and boring minigames servers. There are plenty out there in the market. If people don't like it... then don't play on it. That simple. Or if they think they can do a better job, then they should talk to Dyno about trying to run a server and KEEP it populated.(Given they get the approval in the first place.)

MeMeZ
Spoiler: Show

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:23 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
I agree about the air acceleration. A lot of times I go to MG when no-one else is on to do the trap levels, climb levels etc... I've joined on certain maps and have came to a complete impasse a couple of times.

As far as RTD goes, I say keep it. At the most, I would remove the pointless ones and string probabilities to the others. (defeats the purpose of "rolling the dice", but would make it more prudent)
Snapchat: Rozavelt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:38 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22218476
On more than one occasion I definitely filled my gambling urges by RTD'ing on minigames for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:25 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Dyno wrote:
http://elevatedgaming.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=17161&p=256818&hilit=RTD#p256818

Mr.GoldGames wrote:
TITTYSPRINKLES. wrote:
I'm here to vouch for RTD. Most of the people complaining about it literally never play MiniGames. I am on there 3 times a day and I rarely see people complain about it. Most important to, for course levels, RTD allows people that have no idea how to bhop etc to still participate to a degree instead of just getting bored and bailing. It's really hard to get and keep that server populated. Alot of times I'll go into other mg servers and I can draw a population from there to us just by telling them we have RTD. It will be a huge hit that server to remove it and then it will just be like any other abandoned empty MiniGames server on CSS.

Just my .02

The plugin will be staying as long as im manager, or it breaks.

Skuli wrote:
Doldol wrote:
Well there was a democratic vote an an option won fairly, I don't think that a recount would make any sense.

There were 32 votes and I'm pretty sure only like 10 of them play on the server

That's one from goldgames saying it'll never be removed, and if you do a quick search for RTD you'll notice it's been a topic for debate ALOT

Hm, could have sworn there was a post of when Gold said he was going to remove it. Must have been when 1969 Dodge Charger was manager then. Besides, yes, if you do a quick research for RTD you'll notice that plenty of members have had a problem with RTD from day one.

From the beginning of 2012 there were two topics brought up about how some of those wanted it removed or certain values of it removed e.a weapons / unfair boosters

Removing Weapons from the RTD mod viewtopic.php?f=46&t=592&hilit=rtd
EgN MG server problems viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1050&hilit=rtd

Mootinie wrote:
My point about the RTD is: You can spawn on a map, you have no knife, you get shot in the head because somebody was lucky enough to get a gun. Then you sit out the rest of the round. I understand the chances are even but they just ruin the gameplay.

[Mini Games] Adding / Removing Maps viewtopic.php?f=46&t=6676&hilit=rtd

Minigames rtd viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7926&hilit=rtd from when RTD was removed
We need Rtd in minigames viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9040&hilit=rtd
NastyStevie wrote:
It added fun for the person that got the good stuff and stomped on the rest. For those that get shitty ones (which is is like the rest) and keep getting them, makes the person/people not want to play and leave, which happened a lot.

Roll The Dice viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9928&p=168276&hilit=rtd#p168276
Wartheft wrote:
Mootinie wrote:
The guns in Roll The Dice completely ruin the game and always did. The plugin should be removed, if you get something like Froggy Legs you have automatically won Bhop courses. It's just cheap and rewards luck over skill.

Which we matter-of-factly have a rule against in JB.

Minigames Suggestions viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11345&p=177569&hilit=rtd#p177569

RTD's Fate on the MG server viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11427&hilit=rtd&start=10 idek how it got the winning vote and majority of the posts on this thread were about how RTD ruins gameplay
Wartheft wrote:
The main problem I have with RTD is the fact that it ruins the entire point of several minigames.

It's hard to play a minigame that isn't supposed to have weapons when every round someone is getting a gun and shooting everyone.

It's hard to play a race/bhop/long jump fairly when someone gets speedboost/lowgrav.

It's hard to play mg_ka_trains_detach when someone has a gun and is shooting everyone, or has lowgrav and is jumping around so no one can hit them, or has a health boost so that despite your best efforts, you're not going to be able to kill them.

A minigame map is meant to be played as a minigame, not played with a whole bunch of added crap that the minigame isn't supposed to have. A lot of the people that used to play MG enjoyed it because it was actually minigames, not "I hope I get a gun in RTD so I can ruin everyone else's fun!!!"

I personally think (And no, there is no evidence to this, just speculation) that if we were to remove RTD the population on our MG server would increase because we wouldn't be losing randoms that just joined to some lucky person who got a gun and shot the new person first.

I think this is my favorite post
Mootinie wrote:
Wartheft wrote:
Alex wrote:
Skuli wrote:
fuckkk rtdddddd

Read Border Hoppins & Ryan's posts
RTD is a big problem viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15103&hilit=rtd

Very good explanation.
Wartheft wrote:

[MG] RTD Plugin Update viewtopic.php?f=48&t=15703&hilit=rtd

Your opinion on Mini Games | NoBlock | RTD | 100+ Maps viewtopic.php?f=67&t=16822&hilit=rtd&start=10

Minigames - What would make you play it? viewtopic.php?f=46&t=18664&p=209915&hilit=rtd#p209915

Wartheft: Remove RTD
Umreeca: Remove RTD
Border Hoppin: Remove RTD
Yiggles Moto: Remove guns from RTD

[Mini Games] Adding / Removing Maps viewtopic.php?f=46&t=17161&p=224208&hilit=rtd#p224208
kns1337 wrote:
Also RTD ruins the point of multimap minigames because people just get guns and kill everyone. Highly recommend editing RTD or just getting a better version overall.

Probably the post I was referring to
1969 Dodge Charger wrote:
Hello everybody. I've taken a long break but within the next month or so, updates will be made. RTD is going to be gone permanently, too many complaints. I've yet to see even one person vouch for it besides myself.
Jixy wrote:
Roaxes wrote:
cnnalin wrote:
i don't think you should take RTD away i mean its pretty funny to get different stuff . Just restrict it for like some maps that don't require it or is annoying! :)

We already did and it's still not working out well. Nothings more annoying when you're having a fair knife fight then the person rtds to get a m429 when he's about to lose.

Rtd sucks dick

[Mini Games] mg_3k_smash_lego_copter viewtopic.php?f=26&t=25994&hilit=rtd

Minigames viewtopic.php?f=110&t=27345&p=271157&hilit=rtd#p271157
Plug-in viewtopic.php?f=145&t=28092&p=277753&hilit=rtd#p277753

Sorry but not one post that gives an actual / good reason to keep RTD & for anyone who says that the threads with the polls that have majority of Yes fuk off because doesn't provide a reason except a "i like it"

Anyways, proposal that's most suitable.
    - Remove guns from RTD (not sure why it was added back)
    - Remove RTD from a few more maps, all course maps, few others I could mention
    - Be good
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:22 am 
Community Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:44657538

Only 2 or 3 of the members listed above still play on the minigames server, while others have moved on. 2 of them agreeing we should keep it. Additionally there aren't as many recurring complaints about the rtd plugin, unlike back in the day.

On a more on-topic note, this topic was opened up to discuss air acceleration on the minigames server, in other words if anyone wants to discuss another topic like the rtd plugin, then kindly make your own topic post. Thank you.

MeMeZ

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:33 am 
Community Member
Legend
dj7joke wrote:

Only 2 or 3 of the members listed above still play on the minigames server, while others have moved on. 2 of them agreeing we should keep it. Additionally there aren't as many recurring complaints about the rtd plugin, unlike back in the day.

On a more on-topic note, this topic was opened up to discuss air acceleration on the minigames server, in other words if anyone wants to discuss another topic like the rtd plugin, then kindly make your own topic post. Thank you.

This was more in response to Dyno's post about "RTD won't be removed, this has been a topic of debate A LOT" which yes, it has been debated a lot. Final debate was that it should be either removed, reduced (maps), or altered (guns).

Also, it's not about who. It's more the fact that it was clearly a reoccuring issue and was never properly resolved.

But think it's fine to discuss both here. Shouldn't be an issue. Dyno already mentioned how he'll be setting the air acceleration higher, this is just another issue regarding minigames.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:19 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:16728863
RTD gets removed, it'll kill the server and make it like every other mingames server. Lets leave this discussion to the monthly meeting

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:32 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:195157239
Needy wrote:
dj7joke wrote:

This was more in response to Dyno's post about "RTD won't be removed, this has been a topic of debate A LOT" which yes, it has been debated a lot. Final debate was that it should be either removed, reduced (maps), or altered (guns).

Also, it's not about who. It's more the fact that it was clearly a reoccuring issue and was never properly resolved.

But think it's fine to discuss both here. Shouldn't be an issue. Dyno already mentioned how he'll be setting the air acceleration higher, this is just another issue regarding minigames.

RTD is run by eventscripts that only have a purpose to execute a script interface to code addons that change the gameplay or add new functionality to the game server. However, eventscripts are pretty old. Don’t think you could rewrite the roll as it would break the eventscripts (I believe). Without RTD (eventscript), the server would break (I think). The mini-game server is still on the O:S of Windows and still being transferred to Linux. Secret and I would have RTD plugin on the new one but would be altered / worked on to people liking.
"Time always flows equal and doesn’t undergo any changes, independent of existence or absence of things, independent of their motion or rest."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:16 am 
Community Member
Legend
Dyno wrote:
RTD gets removed, it'll kill the server and make it like every other mingames server. Lets leave this discussion to the monthly meeting

I don't think you got my point.
Quote:
Anyways, proposal that's most suitable.
- Remove guns from RTD (not sure why it was added back)
- Remove RTD from a few more maps, all courses, few others I could mention (considered unfair)
- Be good

And well no, no it won't kill the server. One, the server is already basically dead unless we have an event on it or someone from jailbreak says "hey lets play minigames" but besides that, the server hasn't changed quite a bit from when RTD was removed / put back on.

life goals
[  ] marry smiley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:24 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
I don't understand why people want RTD removed, personally I don't mind it. RTD is there for whoever wants to use it, not exactly forcing you to use it; sure, others may use it and may bring a disadvantage to you on a specific game, but even if the server was to get rid of RTD, it'll still be in it's current state, whether or not it has RTD on it.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

New Topic Post Reply  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next