Register
Login 

New Topic Locked  [ 10 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:08 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
uchies and roob kill dudes instantly for ninja stepping and im not quite sure what the justification is. they arnt even rebelling they just think its something they can do. now if you say no ninja stepping and a guy does it and says u cant kill him because the warning rule i'd kill him for abusing it but the ppl they kill are mostly randoms who honestly dont know they can die for it. i dont see the harm in warning them and it seems like the warning rule was made for times like this because not to be rude but they seems like they are being kinda assholes about killing the dudes and just doing it cuz they can get away with it.

Social 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:18 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
its abusing the warning rule either way, and we're not doing it because "we can get away with it"... if you played the server more, you'd see that that is how everyone plays... just because someone's not as lax when it comes to the rules as you, doesn't mean that we're being assholes or wrong about it. i was told that staff said ninja stepping is auto KOS... how can you discern between someone jumping off a second floor down to the bottom and all the way, and someone trying to make a break for it? we don't just make up rules.
Snapchat: Rozavelt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:24 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:10184273
I follow the rules and do as I am told. my advice to you is to show up at a meeting for a change

To add to this I only kill Ts who blatantly don't follow the one step out.... When they are 10 feet away from the cell they are clearly not following the orders.
In secret Dyno is actually my biggest fan. He wont leave me alone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:44 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Uchies wrote:
its abusing the warning rule either way, and we're not doing it because "we can get away with it"... if you played the server more, you'd see that that is how everyone plays...

That is a very concerning statement. admins should not just do something because "everyone does it" as an admin you should think for yourself and come to your own conclusion after considering all information given and options available.

Uchies wrote:
just because someone's not as lax when it comes to the rules as you, doesn't mean that we're being assholes or wrong about it. i was told that staff said ninja stepping is auto KOS...

The only things things in the server that are kos are knifing vent, pointing a gun at a CT, having a primary out, and actively rebelling. if they jump and u dont know what they are doing they heck yea im with u you dont know what he's doing, BUT if he jumps then freezes, does order and is not running away or near any secrets i dont know how you can consider rebelling. maybe let him know u dont want him to do that next time if it bothers you but if he clearly does not mean to rebel or abuse the rule i really dont see any reason to kill him.

Uchies wrote:
how can you discern between someone jumping off a second floor down to the bottom and all the way, and someone trying to make a break for it? we don't just make up rules.

like i said if they jump and u dont know what they are doing they heck yea im with u you dont know what he's doing, BUT if he jumps then freezes, does order and is not running away or near any secrets i dont know how you can consider rebelling. maybe let him know u dont want him to do that next time if it bothers you but if he clearly does not mean to rebel or abuse the rule i really dont see any reason to kill him.

Reboobalar wrote:
I follow the rules and do as I am told. my advice to you is to show up at a meeting for a change

this does'it deserve a response.

Reboobalar wrote:
To add to this I only kill Ts who blatantly don't follow the one step out.... When they are 10 feet away from the cell they are clearly not following the orders.

so you agree that killing T's who do not mean to rebel or abuse the rule should not be killed?

i dont think it makes our server a better place to kill people when they are not a threat and do not know they have done anything wrong, seems like something i would not like done to me and feel they deserve the same consideration.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:53 pm 
EgN Member
Now you’re just trying to twist my words to fit your narrative. I pointed out that this is how everyone plays, because that should maybe give you a hint that it’s not breaking the rules. Maybe instead of making a thread calling us “assholes” and doing something “because we know we can get away with it”, you could message a staff member instead of your blatant grandstanding.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:56 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382
Ninja stepping is KOSable

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:57 pm 
EgN Member
Uchies wrote:
Now you’re just trying to twist my words to fit your narrative. I pointed out that this is how everyone plays, because that should maybe give you a hint that it’s not breaking the rules. Maybe instead of making a thread calling us “assholes” and doing something “because we know we can get away with it”, you could message a staff member instead of your blatant grandstanding.

Just like how you said I was an “asshole” for slaying someone for freekilling, after they wouldn’t slay, because “it was an accident”?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:58 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:39362328
{REMOVED}

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:00 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49794826
No ninja stepping is implied unless warden states otherwise BEFORE cells are opened. This is known and has been known for months. It is considered rebelling because they know exactly what they are doing when they ignore the one step out to do the ninja step. It falls under dont be a smart ass first off. And secondly definitely counts as a form of rebelling and abuse of the warning rule.

EgN| Vertical_360: What's a grown up? I bet its gross.
Simmons: The best jail bait there is. Get used to it :P
Jeremy 10:31 pm when you find a woman willing to walk into hell for you....you found *Her*

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:13 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Too circumstantial, right answer changes depending on too many variables, ask warden to better define if possible. Make a complaint and the specific case will be looked at.

Please refrain from presenting statements as truth on topics like this if you're not Staff+

My personal opinion/advice is the "the warning rule" is an incoherent, illogical, contradictory mess & too open to interpretation in the moment.
And so you will never find an absolute right answer, so it's pointless to search for one. Just accept, within reason how people see it on the server in that moment.

Warden wants to kill you for taking a big step out, when you should know they clearly don't want you to? That's fine.
Warden is nice and lets you live for taking a big step out while everyone knows they don't want you to? That's fine too.
(The 2 lines above this are not examples on how to conduct yourself on the server and are not meant to be quoted literally, they're examples of the logic & used to better convey what I mean. Also it's sad that I have to put this disclaimer here.)

They don't have to be mutually exclusive.
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

New Topic Locked  [ 10 posts ]