Lets just keep it fun! 53%  53%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 59
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm 
Co Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80046838
Siberiac wrote:
Dyno wrote:
Coding our own is not a problem at all, it takes time and effort that's all. Where we would also get into the argument that people would want different skins/new skins and we would always have to constantly update that I mean I know how to code yet I have never even tried creating my own skins, so if we want that we would have the same problems mentioned above at crediting skin creators etc, also on that point I'm not sure we have people in our community proficient in writing their own custom skins (That I'm aware of) so this would be a huge project for all involved although it would be rewarding at the end, we would also have to think logically about this. Skins we provide people may not like, so will request different ones, which we wouldn't have then it will go back to the same problem we have now with enforcing purity

Exactly. Honestly when you look at opportunity cost, think about what we could be creating instead. Life isn't just about satisfying everyone at all times, it's about making a decision based on experience and analysis. While the store wouldn't be a "problem" it would be extremely time consuming, and create yet another time sink in updating and trying to please everyone at all times. I just feel that in this scenario, to replace custom skins, it's definitely not the solution we should be looking at.

What's something better then?
2018 Goals for EgN

Social 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:14 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42238843
Inori wrote:

you just wrote a really fucking ignorant comment and i'd prefer if you'd not.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:18 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:16728863
Inori wrote:
Siberiac wrote:
Dyno wrote:
Coding our own is not a problem at all, it takes time and effort that's all. Where we would also get into the argument that people would want different skins/new skins and we would always have to constantly update that I mean I know how to code yet I have never even tried creating my own skins, so if we want that we would have the same problems mentioned above at crediting skin creators etc, also on that point I'm not sure we have people in our community proficient in writing their own custom skins (That I'm aware of) so this would be a huge project for all involved although it would be rewarding at the end, we would also have to think logically about this. Skins we provide people may not like, so will request different ones, which we wouldn't have then it will go back to the same problem we have now with enforcing purity

Exactly. Honestly when you look at opportunity cost, think about what we could be creating instead. Life isn't just about satisfying everyone at all times, it's about making a decision based on experience and analysis. While the store wouldn't be a "problem" it would be extremely time consuming, and create yet another time sink in updating and trying to please everyone at all times. I just feel that in this scenario, to replace custom skins, it's definitely not the solution we should be looking at.

Honestly I'll have a good think and see what I can come up with but currently the general consensus seems to be three options
1) enforcing purity
2) keeping purity at -1 which keeps us open to several exploits
3) enforcing purity but then adding a store plugin which will constantly need to be updated

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:20 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:80560949
Inori wrote:
Siberiac wrote:
Dyno wrote:

Inori what he's trying to say is we don't need anything better, we can just leave it as it is, and keep skins removed.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth." ~Oscar Wilde

"True leaders don't create followers, they create more leaders."

"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness." ~Aristotle

"Knowing when to walk away is wisdom. Being able to is courage. Walking away, with your head held high is dignity."

"As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better."

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no less of enthusiasm." ~Winston Churchill

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." ~Albert Einstein

Of course life is a bitch. If it was a slut it would be easy.

Life is a bitch. So learn to fuck it.

Welcome to EgN. Warning, we are not a G-Rated clan. We speak our mind, a lot of it is dirty. Topics may include things not suitable for children. Anyone offended by vulgarity, refrain from our forum. Anyone offended by light nudity, avoid the orgy room. So basically, now that all the wusses have been weeded out, welcome to EgN.™

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:14 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:23228291
Nemesis wrote:
Inori wrote:
Siberiac wrote:
Dyno wrote:

Inori what he's trying to say is we don't need anything better, we can just leave it as it is, and keep skins removed.

^ Honestly if we're looking at it from a standpoint of pros and cons, I can guarantee that allowing hacks (without knowing how frequent they appear or easy they are to perform this is just spitballing) would run off way more people than not having custom skins. The store option seems really ridiculous, it still wouldn't allow the skins which the player already has downloaded and would want, and I guarantee you that whoever controls jailbreak now, nor the programmer would want to constantly keep updating the server with new skins because someone wants them.

I don't have a lot of stake in the situation since i'm on so infrequently nowadays, but I can say that from a popularity in the server standpoint, one option stands out greatly over the other.

P.S. Hints about deciphering surveys, if someone chooses an option that has a consequence over one that has no consequences, there's probably a reason for that ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:41 pm 
EgN Member
omg please allow them because it makes the whole css experience better, this server is the only thing I play please don't disable reskins!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:38 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:80560949
TWD wrote:
omg please allow them because it makes the whole css experience better, this server is the only thing I play please don't disable reskins!

So what you're saying is allow people to have skins, that may carry hacks and ruin peoples experience, instead of just removing them entirely and solving one problem just like that.
Honestly you don't need skins to play jailbreak. Jailbreak is a role play sense. It's not like you actually looks at your guns when playing because there is a lot to focus on more than skins.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth." ~Oscar Wilde

"True leaders don't create followers, they create more leaders."

"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness." ~Aristotle

"Knowing when to walk away is wisdom. Being able to is courage. Walking away, with your head held high is dignity."

"As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better."

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no less of enthusiasm." ~Winston Churchill

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." ~Albert Einstein

Of course life is a bitch. If it was a slut it would be easy.

Life is a bitch. So learn to fuck it.

Welcome to EgN. Warning, we are not a G-Rated clan. We speak our mind, a lot of it is dirty. Topics may include things not suitable for children. Anyone offended by vulgarity, refrain from our forum. Anyone offended by light nudity, avoid the orgy room. So basically, now that all the wusses have been weeded out, welcome to EgN.™

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:36 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42238843
Nemesis wrote:
It's not like you actually looks at your guns when playing because there is a lot to focus on more than skins.

i get to look at my sweet ass karambit knife when im on t side because all i do is walk around and occasionally play a game

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:40 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49382976
Store plugin +rep
GUMMYYYYY BEARRRRR SEEEXXXXX

Targets for EgN:
Become a Registered User [ x ]
Become a Recruit[ x ]
Become a Member [ x ]
Become Forum Banned 1x[ x ]
Become a IT Group [ ]
Become an Elite [ ]

-AcidMac Waz H3r3-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:46 am 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Just whitelist weapons for sv_pure and you disable wallhacks and you keep custom weapon skins....
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

New Topic Post Reply  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 >> Next