Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Out of cell freeze
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:38 am 
EgN Member
Out of cell freeze, typically means, if you leave your cell, you must freeze.
All players take this as an opportunity to kick start their rebelling and take a nice firm jump out, and by all, i mean all.
This has further resulted in staff slaying people who kill jumpers because of the "out of cell freeze" nature of the order being what it is.

Turns out, apparently, it's not allowed. Despite there being NOTHING in the rules saying ninja-step is implied on all out of cell orders, we just accept it is with a one step out order.

My question, what are your views, considering the most part of the server has done it and frequently still does.
TO LIVE IS THE RAREST THING IN THE WORLD, MOST PEOPLE JUST EXIST, THAT IS ALL.
.......................................................................................Oscar Wilde

Request a signature HERE

Social 
 Post subject: Re: Out of cell freeze
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:49 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
Oh please people, just think about what you're being asked to do before complaining about it.
"Out of cell freeze". So, if you are in your cell you don't have to be frozen, you can jump out. Momentum takes you forward, and once you land you are out of cell and must freeze.
What is confusing about that?

If you want people to take a step out of their cell and freeze, I suggest you give that command before opening the cells. Or get out before rebellers can open the cells.
"Implied orders" needs to fucking die. READ THE GOD DAMN RULES PEOPLE.
I swear if anyone mentions detours or delays being implied I will stab someone
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:51 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7018832
Out of cell freeze, means; If you are outside of your cell, by any way... T opening them, or you go through a secret.. Instantly freeze. Not take a leap out of your cell.
Out of cell freeze is a order that is being said before the main orders are given, to let the ct's handle those early rebellers. This means, if you got out of your cell before any orders were given, and they tell you "Out of cell freeze" if you don't stop what your doing and freeze at that instance, They have the right to take you down.

(Charlie posted as i was typing fyi)

I'd like the promotion, the paycheck and parking spot. But I don’t really want to be in charge of anything.

#Wolfie4Staff2k17/2k18
<05:09:34> "Wolfie" was removed from server group "Supporter" by "Kharn".
<05:09:39> "Wolfie" was added to server group "Staff" by "Kharn".

k :/

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:54 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40615045
CharlieKelly wrote:
Oh please people, just think about what you're being asked to do before complaining about it.
"Out of cell freeze". So, if you are in your cell you don't have to be frozen, you can jump out. Momentum takes you forward, and once you land you are out of cell and must freeze.

Although I see where you're coming from, you can stop yourself mid-air and freeze.
It's unwritten so I think it's more of a discretion thing, but in the past I've heard out of cell freeze infers 1 step out and freeze.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:01 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Young Lean wrote:
CharlieKelly wrote:

Although I see where you're coming from, you can stop yourself mid-air and freeze.
It's unwritten so I think it's more of a discretion thing, but in the past I've heard out of cell freeze infers 1 step out and freeze.

SOMEONES GETTING STABBED.

There is literally ONE implied rule, and that's no detours delays. Anything else and you're, being the proverbial Terrorist, getting shot and I laugh as you try and complain over the warden and I mute you.
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:16 pm 
EgN Member
CharlieKelly wrote:
Young Lean wrote:
CharlieKelly wrote:

SOMEONES GETTING STABBED.

There is literally ONE implied rule, and that's no detours delays. Anything else and you're, being the proverbial Terrorist, getting shot and I laugh as you try and complain over the warden and I mute you.

Assuming following an extra implied rule would result in being killed on sight, really it would decrease your chances of being subjected to such treatment from CT's :^)
Staying at whatever location you're ordered to go to is also implied, aswell as "rush to my spray and freeze" meaning every spray until they give different orders.

Consider a different perspective, if a CT says out of cell freeze in order to keep T's confined to their cells and a T thinks "I better jump as far out of my cell as I possibly can" could you see how that would resemble being a smartass?
They could say "out of cell freeze including airborne travel" but that's a bit redundant, in the same way "no detours no delays" is.
But there's a lot of situations with this, which makes sense why it'd be a discretional rule.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:26 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Young Lean wrote:
Assuming following an extra implied rule would result in being killed on sight, really it would decrease your chances of being subjected to such treatment from CT's :^)
Staying at whatever location you're ordered to go to is also implied, aswell as "rush to my spray and freeze" meaning every spray until they give different orders.

There is one implied rule, and that is no detours or delays. I really, really don't see how that is hard to grasp.

Young Lean wrote:
Consider a different perspective, if a CT says out of cell freeze in order to keep T's confined to their cells and a T thinks "I better jump as far out of my cell as I possibly can" could you see how that would resemble being a smartass?

No, it's following the orders. If you don't want T's to rebel, or have the upper hand, give proper orders, and handle rebellers. (Protip: Don't open cells before orders are given...)
Young Lean wrote:
They could say "out of cell freeze including airborne travel" but that's a bit redundant, in the same way "no detours no delays" is.
But there's a lot of situations with this, which makes sense why it'd be a discretional rule.

Or, stay with me here, they could say "Step out of your cell and freeze".
Turn your 501s into 499s

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:42 pm 
EgN Member
CharlieKelly wrote:
Young Lean wrote:

There is one implied rule, and that is no detours or delays. I really, really don't see how that is hard to grasp.

If you're only reading the forum rules yes, ingame there are unwritten rules that are enforced daily by regular admins up to staff+
CharlieKelly wrote:
Young Lean wrote:

No, it's following the orders. If you don't want T's to rebel, or have the upper hand, give proper orders, and handle rebellers. (Protip: Don't open cells before orders are given...)

Of course, everyone being a smartass is "just following orders" and it's not unlikely that a Terrorist opens the cells before CT's can even leave the armory.
CharlieKelly wrote:
Young Lean wrote:

Or, stay with me here, they could say "Step out of your cell and freeze".

You're not wrong, but having to say "including airborne travel" when giving an out of cell freeze order is still redundant.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:56 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Young Man wrote:
All the stuff he said, I don't feel like formatting it

If admins are enforcing rules that aren't in the rules, you should let them know it's not a rule, and if they continue to enforce it, you tell a higher up or report them.

Let me reiterate this: THERE ARE NO IMPLIED RULES (EXCEPT THE ONE EXPLICITLY STATED IMPLIED RULE). Anything else, and they are breaking the rules. The rules in !rules are the same as on the forums, so there is no reason to not read them (ffs, you accept them every time you join the server).

Are admins on our server really that bad that they enforce their own rules? I don't see this, and if I do, I tell them to knock it off. You guys should really do that too.

As for the other two points, "Out of cell freeze" IS to stop rebellers. So if they are already out, they have to freeze. You do realize that "out of cell freeze" is just that, out of cell. If that is the only order, you can run around your cell all you want (thanks "No in cell orders" rule!), and if the CT's don't give an ACTUAL command to the T's, they will be slayed. "Out of cells freeze" isn't an order to corral the T's, it's to stop the ones with tele's / vents to stop rebelling (or the ones that are already out due to a rebeller opening the doors early).

Also, you can leave armory and catch the T trying to open the cells before he get's there.

This whole issue is caused by BAD wardens, and if you think this isn't cut and dry, then you are one of them.

See what happens when you read and follow the rules? The round progresses and everyone is happy.
Turn your 501s into 499s

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:59 pm 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:147071666
Young Lean wrote:
CharlieKelly wrote:
Young Lean wrote:

If you're only reading the forum rules yes, ingame there are unwritten rules that are enforced daily by regular admins up to staff+

Kharn wrote:
If it's not in the rules it's not a rule.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next