1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:54 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9975453
Sooooo

In the time I've been on this server the JB Order "Rush to my spray and freeze" has been bouncing back and forth on what it actually means. Is "Everytime I spray it" implied or not. First it wasnt, then it was, then wasn't again, and as of a week ago I'm being told it is again and there is literally nothing to back this up except word of mouth. Can we get something in ink here on the forums about what the actual deal is, and maybe even get it into the rules on the server as well (don't know if thats a PITA or not). It just seems to change too much and gets confusing when I'm not sure what to enforce.

Ex. "Rush to my spray and freeze" -> Ts run to spray, CT sprays again, Ts run to that spray. Ts get killed because "I didn't say every time I spray it".

Ex "Rush to my spray and freeze -> Ts run to spray, CT sprays again, Ts dont move. Ts get killed for Delaying because "Everytime I spray it is implied"

Social 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:01 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:65042904
I always thought u have to say follow cause nothing is implied other than detour or delay
No one ever sees the sleepless nights, the years of studying and 14-hour days earning your dues. I spent three years isolated in an academic environment to be the best actor I could.
Kunal Nayyar

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.-Gandhi

Don't be racist to racists -Nalin 2k16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:03 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:39709905
cnnalin wrote:
I always thought u have to say follow cause nothing is implied other than detour or delay

This.

Now my question is for "Rush and follow my spray," not implying freeze but if after they reach warden's spray, can they run off?
Then they are not following it?
But then jumping would be going farther away from the spray, so can I then shoot for jumping?
Drop Out of Highschool [x]
Get a GED [x]
Drop Out of Community College [x]
Get a full University Scholarship to a respectable University[x]
Graduate [ ]
Get a job that I am wayyy under qualified for [x]
Get that one girl [ ]
Marry that one girl [ ]
??? [x]
Make miniature Silvers [ ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:16 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70493788
SilverStevie wrote:
cnnalin wrote:

This.

Now my question is for "Rush and follow my spray," not implying freeze but if after they reach warden's spray, can they run off?
But then jumping would be going farther away from the spray, so can I then shoot for jumping?

All very nice questions!
- Basically the answer to the first one is yes. They have completed the order and can run off your spray, but once you spray your spray again, they must run to your spray to complete the order.
- Technically they are, because they ran and followed your spray, got to your spray, then ran off because you didn't say freeze.
- If they jump over your spray, that could be considered a delay if you are an extreme nazi warden. They didn't take the fastest route to your spray, instead they skipped your spray entirely.

"Rush and freeze every time i spray it" is not implied. The first example would be true, however again, don't be a nazi warden.

Hope this helped!
Clear eyes, full hearts, cant lose. ~ Coach Eric Taylor
Creator of the Sinister Challenge.
Accidentally called the Global Chat "Network Chat" and now it's a thing.

[x]Join the Forums
[x]Make an Application
[x]Become Recruit
[x]Become Member
[x]Become Elite
[x]Become Veteran
[x]Become Staff
[x]Become Supporter
[x]Retire from EgN
[x]Get Kicked Out of the Clan Twice By Phillip
[x]Get Perm Banned from the Forums
[x]Become Staff Again

Central

Sibblet

Sunny<3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:20 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:61594940
Only implied order is no delay and no detours nothing else is plied
https://www.redditgifts.com/?inv=CMv5 Join reddit gifts and get free items but you do have to send back gifts or you'll get penalized
After reading every EgN Post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:23 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9975453
Phillip wrote:
Only implied order is no delay and no detours nothing else is plied

Ok cool well that makes it easy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:26 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
SilverStevie wrote:
cnnalin wrote:

This.

All very nice questions!
- Basically the answer to the first one is yes. They have completed the order and can run off your spray, but once you spray your spray again, they must run to your spray to complete the order.
- Technically they are, because they ran and followed your spray, got to your spray, then ran off because you didn't say freeze.
- If they jump over your spray, that could be considered a delay if you are an extreme nazi warden. They didn't take the fastest route to your spray, instead they skipped your spray entirely.

"Rush and freeze every time i spray it" is not implied. The first example would be true, however again, don't be a nazi warden.

Hope this helped!

If you run off you are longer following the spray...
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:38 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
CharlieKelly wrote:
Mr.GoldGames wrote:
SilverStevie wrote:
cnnalin wrote:

This.

All very nice questions!

Hope this helped!

If you run off you are longer following the spray...

+1 to charlie

Phillip is right

I can add this to the handbook

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:46 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
I said this last time this thing came up but when you say "rush to my spray and freeze" its not implied that you have to keep going to each spray, its directly stated.

If you say "rush to my spray AND freeze" you are telling T's to be taking fastest route AND be frozen on your spray, meaning if you move your spray they are no longer frozen on your spray and need to move to the new one.

If you say "rush to my spray THEN freeze" you are telling the T's to take the fastest rout to your spray THEN freeze in then location they are in, meaning even if your move your spray they stay where the old one was.

Kharn agreed with this months ago in a meeting but also said that since they were both so similar it would be wordplay to use "then" instead of "and".

Long story short yall need to freshen up on your English and stop trying to be shitty ass nazi's, just let them play games to die. Its jailbreak not Auschwitz simulator.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:02 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22040504
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
I said this last time this thing came up but when you say "rush to my spray and freeze" its not implied that you have to keep going to each spray, its directly stated.

If you say "rush to my spray AND freeze" you are telling T's to be taking fastest route AND be frozen on your spray, meaning if you move your spray they are no longer frozen on your spray and need to move to the new one.

If you say "rush to my spray THEN freeze" you are telling the T's to take the fastest rout to your spray THEN freeze in then location they are in, meaning even if your move your spray they stay where the old one was.

Kharn agreed with this months ago in a meeting but also said that since they were both so similar it would be wordplay to use "then" instead of "and".

Long story short yall need to freshen up on your English and stop trying to be shitty ass nazi's, just let them play games to die. Its jailbreak not Auschwitz simulator.

That's not how English works man. "Rush to my spray and freeze" means go to the spray and freeze. I don't see how moving the spray would mean the T's follow the spray, since they are supposed to be frozen. They complied with the order: 1. They went to the spray, and 2. They froze. Once you are frozen, you aren't supposed to move, and with the given order they are now waiting for another order. If they move after that without you saying anything, they aren't following orders, since the last order was to freeze. You even say it properly in the next sentence "..telling T's to be taking fastest route AND be frozen on your spray". That is the correct way to say you want them to follow your spray. If you say the latter, it means if they are not frozen on your spray, they are not following orders, so if you move if they have to move to go to it. Saying "go to my spray and freeze" is just that, going to the spray that they spray, and freezing.

If you wanted people to follow your spray, well then you have to tell them to follow it, or tell them to run to it every time you spray it.

If someone starts asking me to go to a spray, I just politely ask if they want us to do it every time. Pretty simple :/

But I agree, it should be clarified and included somewhere.
Gonna revise your Levi's with physical harm
Put divets in the rivets with my physical arm
Gonna beat those jeans, gonna dip em in slime
Turn your 501s into 499s

The Senate: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise?
Anakin: No
The Senate: I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin: He could actually save people from death?
The Senate: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
The Senate: He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
The Senate: Not from a Jedi.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next