New Topic Post Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Extending round time
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:33 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:45531911
Playing on the server i started to notice that when their was only one T left the round timer was almost at 0:00. This can be fustrating for Ts that spent the eintire game doing CTs orders and having to wait and depend on them to kill the rebelling Ts, and once the rebelling Ts are killed the timer is finished and the last T doesnt get to do or complete his lr.
EgN| SkyxDreamz : but u cant aim...
EgN-R| KariSwift killed EgN| SkyxDreamz with awp.

Yeah about that I am mentally an retard I should just not said that to be honest but I Did I'm not gonna joke like that anymore I am going to be for real mature I keep acting like a retard.-Artemis
How could we not talk about family when family's all that we got?
Everything I went through you were standing there by my side
And now you gon' be with me for the last ride

Social 
 Post subject: Re: Extending round time
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:33 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20347559
nooooooooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:50 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17299991
As a mostly rebbeling T (and failing at it) i like the round time.
As a CT i hate the round time cause all games have to fast and smooth.
Maybe another minute would be nice..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:52 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40875182
Did you know:
The round timer used to NOT stop at 0:00 on our server instead, the server would still function past it and people would do their 6 minute LR's or CT's would have the T's do something stupid for 14 minutes.
The reason we decided 6 minutes instead of 8, 10, or any other is because we figured that most of the T's would have died due to rebelling, or being generally bad at following orders.
But hey look where we are. you guys are to incompetent to rebel and CT's are too incompetent to give meaningful orders.
But let me give you a little hint on what we'll do to this current situation; Were going to keep it at 6 minutes for the time being and increase it later if and when we vote on it.
until then, you better get better with the aim of your gun, you need to kill those shit eating CT's.

Spoiler: Show

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

“Don't get mad, get even.” ― Robert F. Kennedy

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not too sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

"This is a community wartheft, think of the otters :<"-Simplistic

Ash stole my profile picture so i stole his signiture

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:59 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:30473651
I imagine keeping the time at 6 minutes makes CT's keep up their enforcing game and actually set standards instead of being slow and boring for the dead T's. As one who only rebels a longer time would just be boring.

But wtf do I know I don't play jb often.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:22 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42551787
I've spend the weekend running around jb, having some fun and it was good. During this time I noticed that the ct's take their time giving orders and between them. They waste valuable time just standing around. Also they send like 4 ct's after one t which then makes it possible for the other t's to rebel, having less ct's to deal with. then their is just chaos.

Also most t's die early in the round due to rebelling. So imagine that guy has to wait all that time to play again it would be annoying, which in turn would lead to more t's following orders(because they don't want to sit the round out basically) that leads to more t's playing games that needs to be killed for someone to get LR, which means the extended round time will have to be extended again.

So my solution here is ct's needs to stop wasting so much time between orders and games and everything will start working out.
It is up to our admins to ensure the progression of the rounds.
Vivre la vie!

ACT OF VALOR
In valor there is hope

Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength
- Eric Hoffer

We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:10 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
Bourne wrote:
I've spend the weekend running around jb, having some fun and it was good. During this time I noticed that the ct's take their time giving orders and between them. They waste valuable time just standing around. Also they send like 4 ct's after one t which then makes it possible for the other t's to rebel, having less ct's to deal with. then their is just chaos.

Also most t's die early in the round due to rebelling. So imagine that guy has to wait all that time to play again it would be annoying, which in turn would lead to more t's following orders(because they don't want to sit the round out basically) that leads to more t's playing games that needs to be killed for someone to get LR, which means the extended round time will have to be extended again.

So my solution here is ct's needs to stop wasting so much time between orders and games and everything will start working out.

Yeah I agree.

I would say that if there's an admin online just speak to them via teamchat (e.g. click U and type are people delaying the round and wasting so much time by sending like a lot of counter-terrorists to kill a rebeller) then they have to do something to ensure that the round ends quick enough for a new round to begin.

So if you all have a problem just do that :p
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:13 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42385346
Bourne wrote:

Wouldn't work. With the most played map being one that is heavily T sided especially with our heavily T sided ruleset CT's have to spend extra time ensuring that all of the T's are accounted for and not rebelling. This often takes a little bit of extra time. As a guard in a prison you're not going to continue giving orders to the general population when you have 5 guys missing that could easily show up and kill you. Hell, the only way you can get a CT team to win half the time is to be a Nazi CT, which even that is now considered to be basically against the rules for whatever reason...

The only reason the round stops at 0:00 now is because people used to spend eternity on LRs and would waste around 10+ minutes on just LRs. The round timer was not implemented to shorten round length during actual gameplay, it was implemented as a counter to people with ridiculously long LRs. Funnily enough, when Doldol implemented it he ignored what was being said to him and instead of setting it at 9:00 minutes (Which is the highest it can actually be set to to my understanding), he set it to 6:00 minutes.

Another issue with it being 6:00 minutes is it reduces the ability of the CT's to actually give fun games/orders. One thing that's always complained about is that almost all of the rounds in our JB server are the same: "Take one step out of your cell and afk freezing facing the back of your cell. All T's shiftwalk to the bottom of cell stairs and freeze unstacked shoulder to shoulder. We're going to play simon says/trivia/spelling bee/any other generic game we always play." CT's don't have enough time to do anything fun or interesting because of the time limit. They also have issues doing anything fun because the primarily played map is horribly T sided and our ruleset restricts a lot of the freedom the CT's should have in creating games (If a T dies because he can't tell a funny joke he'll get butthurt, oh no!), but I guess those are discussions for a different thread.

Bourne wrote:

Rebelling is just that: Rebelling. You're not following orders and you are likely also attempting to kill CT's. Your punishment for rebelling is being killed and having to wait until the next round. You're now trying to say "Oh, someone decided to rebel early in the round and they failed, they shouldn't have to wait forever to just do it again!" Why should the goal of the CT's be fucked over because someone who was trying to kill them is pissed off that he has to wait to respawn and try to kill them again? If you want a game where you can quickly respawn and keep killing people you should probably play something other than Jailbreak, because despite what most of the people who play on our JB server think, Jailbreak is not deathmatch.

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own."
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

"The wounds of love can only be healed by the person who made them."
~Publius Syrus

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
~Winston Churchill

<17:26:05> "Wartheft": Sneakin into mah channel
<17:26:11> "Sibblet": xD
<17:26:12> "Wartheft": Snatchin my fedoras up
<17:26:21> "Sibblet": I ate your fedoras, my apologies
<17:26:21> "Wartheft": I see how it be
<17:26:26> "Wartheft": YOU WHAT
<17:26:29> "Wartheft": Q.Q
<17:26:30> "Sibblet": NOTHING
<17:26:32> "Sibblet": >_>
<17:26:34> "Sibblet": <_<

<20:57:43> "GirlWithAGun": (ง'̀-'́)ง fight me
<20:58:06> "Wartheft": Q('.'Q) Let's go
<20:58:23> "GirlWithAGun": lol
<20:58:33> "Wartheft": (o.o)O=('.'Q) Take that
<20:59:35> "GirlWithAGun": ow D:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:59 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79036420
Wartheft wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Wouldn't work. With the most played map being one that is heavily T sided especially with our heavily T sided ruleset CT's have to spend extra time ensuring that all of the T's are accounted for and not rebelling. This often takes a little bit of extra time. As a guard in a prison you're not going to continue giving orders to the general population when you have 5 guys missing that could easily show up and kill you. Hell, the only way you can get a CT team to win half the time is to be a Nazi CT, which even that is now considered to be basically against the rules for whatever reason...

The only reason the round stops at 0:00 now is because people used to spend eternity on LRs and would waste around 10+ minutes on just LRs. The round timer was not implemented to shorten round length during actual gameplay, it was implemented as a counter to people with ridiculously long LRs. Funnily enough, when Doldol implemented it he ignored what was being said to him and instead of setting it at 9:00 minutes (Which is the highest it can actually be set to to my understanding), he set it to 6:00 minutes.

Another issue with it being 6:00 minutes is it reduces the ability of the CT's to actually give fun games/orders. One thing that's always complained about is that almost all of the rounds in our JB server are the same: "Take one step out of your cell and afk freezing facing the back of your cell. All T's shiftwalk to the bottom of cell stairs and freeze unstacked shoulder to shoulder. We're going to play simon says/trivia/spelling bee/any other generic game we always play." CT's don't have enough time to do anything fun or interesting because of the time limit. They also have issues doing anything fun because the primarily played map is horribly T sided and our ruleset restricts a lot of the freedom the CT's should have in creating games (If a T dies because he can't tell a funny joke he'll get butthurt, oh no!), but I guess those are discussions for a different thread.

Bourne wrote:

Rebelling is just that: Rebelling. You're not following orders and you are likely also attempting to kill CT's. Your punishment for rebelling is being killed and having to wait until the next round. You're now trying to say "Oh, someone decided to rebel early in the round and they failed, they shouldn't have to wait forever to just do it again!" Why should the goal of the CT's be fucked over because someone who was trying to kill them is pissed off that he has to wait to respawn and try to kill them again? If you want a game where you can quickly respawn and keep killing people you should probably play something other than Jailbreak, because despite what most of the people who play on our JB server think, Jailbreak is not deathmatch.

In response to both Bourne and Wartheft, I have thought of a possible solution. So like lots of other guys here, I remember when there was no round limit, and as Bourne said, it was our job as admins to ensure the progression of the round. Well what if we flipped the coin on that one. What if (if this is even possible) we implement some sort of ability where admins can extend the round time for a round? Say perhaps it's been a real good fun round, things have going real good, half the team of terrorists are still alive and BOOM rounds up. Well maybe the admin could either (this would be up to higher staff how it would go down) just extend the round time, or take a vote on doing it, with majority winning (cause obviously dead players will vote no, and a majority instead of 100% or 75 or something would make this possible.) I believe this is a compromise between those that want to extend it and those that don't. In reality however, I don't forsee the round being extended much with this ability anyway as I would imagine there would be plenty of reasonable restrictions, but that wouldn't upset those that want it to stay the same and those that want it extended will get a inch more of their way. So everyone's happy! Thanks let me know what you think.

Star Citizen Reference Code: STAR-GK4C-BYF5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:14 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
I dont think thats possible matt

And for practicality i think wartheft has a point saying its bad rp to end rounds quickly

But from a gameplay and accessibility standpoint, bourne is %100 right. There is definitely enough time for capable CT's to give orders and play fun games (i do it all the time). Furthermore, many players new to the server or jailbreak itself die quickly even while not trying to rebel and increasing the time spent dead would be a strong barrier to both new players and player trying to have fun experimenting new strategies.

As it is now there is a good balance of round length for both Ct's who are capable and T's that are new, changing that would most likely also make new player who should join T go CT instead to avoid dying to quickly. This would increase MFK's freekills, and bans.

For the reasons listed above the game length should stay the same as it works fine as is.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next