Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:54 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
Y S0 S3R10US wrote:
Needy wrote:
Quote:
There have been 11 incidents so far in 2018 involving school campuses and firearms (including air guns, etc).

5 of those incidents involved a gun discharge where nobody was hurt (ie window got shot out at cal state randomly in san bernadino)
1 involved a student firing a gun accidentally
2 were suicides
3 were a school shooter intentionally targeting students/staff/etc
The number of kids killed in school between 2013-2014 by guns is 12. Between 1992-93, 34 kids were killed in schools. Between 2000-06 there were 16 active shooter incidents in schools. Between 2007-13 there were 23 active shooter incidents in schools.

The number of incidents involving firearms on school campuses is increasing, but the body count from these events is decreasing.
Quote:
As true as that statement is, and nobody would argue against 2 being too many, context is important. I would like to point out that according to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are 139,126 schools in the country. That means that 0.000014375% of schools have had a legitimate shooting occur.

Just a neat passage I found interesting. Not that I particularly agree or disagree w/ everything said. Was also a month ago, so some of which is missing a few pinpoints.

hear gunshots =/= school shooting

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/sta ... r-2018-an/

My main concern, is the fact that there are now journalists just adding onto these shootings. At least it feels like. Every other site I've read there's a different list of the 18 school shootings w/ different context.

Who needs context and facts when you can make the dosh.

You right
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:03 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:4949658
What about the back kids in Chicago that get killed basically everyday? Why are they not put in the news ? TBH I think the only way lawmakers will changed their mind is when one of there own is taken by gun violence
Needy/Wanty is the best person alive tbh

Life goals:
[ ] get a dog
[ ] get a house
[ ] marry Needy/Wanty
[ ] live with Needy/Wanty, with dog, in house.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:23 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Smiles wrote:
What about the back kids in Chicago that get killed basically everyday? Why are they not put in the news ? TBH I think the only way lawmakers will changed their mind is when one of there own is taken by gun violence

Those happen on the streets and the people doing it are buying unmarked guns so they can’t be traced. Most of that stuff going on is usually gang affiliated as well. Drugs and money are the cause of the violence over here.

Also most law makers wouldn’t even care if one of them were killed. They like money more than each other.

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:56 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:95290612
well this is some good stuff
i bet alot of people blame the ability to own a gun really easy or the violence in videogames or songs or movies or whatever
like, it honestly isn't any of that in my humble opinion....
neither is it by being denied by a girl or by a friend or having an argument or got a mean comment or something trown at u.
like hell even if u got bullied by a guy or 2 that isn't the reason in my opinion

everything has to do with mental health, like i've watched violent games/songs/movies since i was 6years old and i NEVER had the feeling like i would just pick a gun or knife and go kill/wound or scare some people to death.
i even had the stage in life where i got bullied because i was who i was, yet i never wanted to kill people or something like that. people just want to hurt people to make them feel better wich is just messed up and they should be punished for it, not get so much attention untill they get famous. like, give them attention and they will do it again because they liked the attention, just ignore them and handle it like any other case.
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED JUKE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED KNIFE KING OF 2018

SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2017
SELF-CROWNED REBEL GOD OF 2018

rebeler since february 2016

we all have different lifes, different problems and different paths to take.....
but what we all wonder is: would they be proud of who i am today?

Princess Strawberry: "HEY, i know everything about Denmark , OK?
Princess Strawberry: "what kind of waffles do they eat in Denmark?"
Princess Strawberry: "OH WAIT SHIT THAT'S BELGIUM"

<16:59:31> "Eclipzx_" was banned for 10 minutes from the server by "GoopSauce" (pussy much?)

*warden*: There's 1 rebeler in garage please get him
*INBREADCATS*: It's only 1 rebeler,what can he do......oh shit it's terminator i'm coming

reboobalar: "term this is your warning because i know you're just gonna rebel"
reboobalar: "fuck this, im not going to be Ct with Term on their team"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:20 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22218476
Mass shooters usually aren't terrorists, typically they are mentally immature individuals who feel like they are trapped or forced into some life outcome, with nothing to lose. That could be financial burden, social nonacceptance, emotional pain, lack of family etc. All of those things are much more addressable than a deep political or religious ideology. I think we could eliminate almost all mass shooters by addressing those issues directly when they are discovered, and/or making it easier for these people to find a way out that doesn't include "fuck it". I think it has absolutely 0% anything to do with guns.

I would go so far as to say there is probably one or more formulae that you could apply to ANYONE and turn them into a potential mass shooter. Access to guns would be such a small variable in such a formula it would almost be irrelevant.

New Topic Locked  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2