Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Nike Boycott
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:27 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43792252
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
North wrote:
Holy shit people are going fucking crazy cause a guy fucking kneeled. What a joke.

Oh man dont under estimate how seriously yankies take their flag and anthem.

sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of reciting the national anthem every morning at school.
-No Pity For A Coward-
http://cdn.funnyisms.com/ecc914b3-1ce2-4aa7-8b36-992cf563121f.jpg
"im srry, i din mean it massta, lil simple is gone be a good boy massta" -Mr. Simplistic
"Your taste in music is A2+ and I like how you moto." -Needy

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:54 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Yiggles Moto wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
North wrote:
Holy shit people are going fucking crazy cause a guy fucking kneeled. What a joke.

Oh man dont under estimate how seriously yankies take their flag and anthem.

sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of reciting the national anthem every morning at school.

ikr, they love that shit more than they love cheese on FKING EVERYTHING. ...nasty ass americans...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:12 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22218476
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
...cheese on FKING EVERYTHING. ...nasty ass americans...

What do Canadians even eat? Dried maple syrup and sliced ham?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:20 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:230517
But in all seriousness - a nation that doesn’t have an issue with a guy who admits to “grabbing women by the pu**y” cannot under good conscience have an issue when a guy takes a knee.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:23 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:74675421
People are over reacting to this, there is literally no need to burn or deface Nike clothing just because "you want to prove you are a patriot" or some shit like that.

koolaid wrote:
People don’t hate Colin because he’s black, they hate him because he’s an idiot who is protesting the flag and anthem, something that represents his right to protest. It’s fucking self-defeating. They are mad at the whole situation because Nike is capitalizing on someone who is causing more divide under the guise of good-cause, while claiming they made ultimate sacrifices when they were raised with a silver spoon and make millions of dollars. Poor choice.

People do hate Colin because he is black, Colin highly supports BLM which of course People led to screech from the top of their lungs "all lives matter". For me it was not a poor choice to give millions of dollars up for what is right, i would rather live in a world where everyone is equal than myself earning millions of dollars every year. he was barely raised with a silver spoon, he was one of the lucky ones to be adopted, i am actually glad he was adopted, because if was never adopted, he wouldn't have gone to a good school, he probably would have never been into football, and all the protests he has done would have never have happened.
ImageImageImage
i will always love you™.
welcome to hell i'll be your guide™.
you smell (nice/bad)™.
I am the Leader of the Peaceful Protests in the Jailbreak server.
d a n k m e m e s

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:28 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
Black athletes are treated differently to white athletes. Raheem Sterling gets comparatively unfair treatment in the media in England, because he's the most famous English black footballer and he came from an underprivileged background, which makes any purported sense of confidence or arrogance an easy target for their attacks. How dare this black man who once lived in poverty do anything with the fortune he is amassing now he's proven to be one of the finest footballers in England? That appears to be the question asked any time the tabloids print anything about Raheem. It's the same reason that Ian Wright, black ex-English and Arsenal footballer, supports this Nike campaign.

The problem is not an America-specific problem and it's not solved by wealth or status, it's why somebody like Beyonce feels so strongly about feminism despite being Beyonce. Such material things, such great identity solve very little of life's problems regarding existential purpose and the pursuit of happiness. You can be rich, but if you're black and somebody is being racist to you then that still hurts, that's still subjugation and being black isn't something that can be easily separated from somebody's identity. This is why the Colin Kaepernick situation will always be racially motivated to at least some small degree. It's complicated further by patriotism and nationalism, remove the flag and the national anthem from the equation and it's an entirely different form of protest. Perhaps one supported more by patriotic white people, but then certainly less strong a statement.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:35 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26201796
I make it a point to make people feel uncomfortable about this now, if you are outraged at a clothing company for using Kaep as an ad, you're a dolt. This issue of people boycotting anything for "anthem betrayal" is so mind numbingly dumb. If you can't appreciate the right to protest, you don't even have the same values of the country you're misrepresenting.
Still Here, Forever

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:11 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24921937
I still think he was kneeling in protest of being benched in favor of blaine effing gabbert and then had to come up with something on the spot and this is what he did.

My conspiracy theory aside......He should be more than able to protest and say what he wants to. Don't like? Don't listen. That simple. Just dont trying to equate apples to oranges and try to confuse the situation by talking about something IRRELEVANT like all those memes mentioning Pat Tillman, the NFL player who after 9/11 enlisted and got KIA'ed.

Nike is trying to play the long game with this one and NOT be pepsi when they used that khardashian skank for an ad with BLM...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:26 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:4949658
Also I feel like Nike is doing this not for the older people that support that brand ( and are mostly getting pissed off). but for the younger Generation like me, they see us doing the March For Our Lives, and see us teens and young adults trying to make change for all kinds of movements and they are sort of appealing to us and using there company to promote things US teens and adults are most likely to support too. And I kinda find it awesome they are doing this because they are such a huge voice in sports and so many people buy there brand and I know me and tons of other teen athletes are not going to stop buying b/c of this, if fact i would probably buy more if I had the money.
Needy/Wanty is the best person alive tbh

Life goals:
[ ] get a dog
[ ] get a house
[ ] marry Needy/Wanty
[ ] live with Needy/Wanty, with dog, in house.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:43 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15637141
USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! BACON! STARBUCKS! USA! USA!

New Topic Post Reply  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next