Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:51 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
Sly wrote:
ajescorcia025 wrote:
Why do you need a cell phone for the learning process? I went to school before and right as cell phones took off. You don’t need them in class at all. They should have areas in classrooms where students check in cellphones and get them back after class is over in every class room.

its not that without the phone it destroys the learning process. its the natural way of devopling ur mind that can be affected by it.
Im not stating a fact im just saying what could happen :)

It is a fact though, you are impressionable when you are a child and even as a teeenager, a smartphone and social media will have an effect on your mental development and your social skills. I could go on a very long tangent about the dangers of smartphones and social media but I'll spare you all. The ban is a good thing for me, get kids off Facebook and get them living in the real world a little more.

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:13 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22218476
I went to school when phones with keyboards were in (enV etc). The same rules applied then. If you were caught on your phone the teacher took it until the end of class.

Should be the same way now. I can understand a school's policy banning phones during class, but in-between, during recess, lunch etc should all be good to go.

If this is a LAW then it should be struck down immediately. The government should not be making decisions on matters like this that can have legal repercussions. It is an individual school's responsibility.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:06 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42551787
tbh: I like this idea. phones as great as they can be, do have one massive drawback.... Social skills. With phones and internet accessible to all from such a young age the younger generations have a glaring gap in their social skills and activity. They don't know how to make friends or meet new people all they do is sit on their phones and scroll threw Instagram, they don't do the stuff children should do. They also have a lack of respect and dignity in general because they hie behind Whatsapp messages and Instagram post portraying false images of themselves
and the anonymity of the internet.

Although phones can be a good thing it also brought a lot of negatives with this big one to the fore. However I don't think that is way they doing it... it could be just for the fact to force the kids to concentrate in school and not get distracted by their phones.
Vivre la vie!

ACT OF VALOR
In valor there is hope

Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength
- Eric Hoffer

We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like.

Spoiler: Show

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:41 am 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29867757
Does this ban the use or ban having phones? Because I can't see how you can enforce kids having phones.

But banning the use is a great idea. If you let them, teens will revert to their instincts, which is to be immersed in social interaction and resist traditional authority. Spanking them for using their phones will hopefully snap them out of their trances. They can be normal teens on their own time, not when it's time to learn.
"all tees all tees" -everyone

SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL. NAVCOM LOCKED. ANIME SPOTTED. GOLIATH ONLINE.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:29 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
Birthstone wrote:
Does this ban the use or ban having phones? Because I can't see how you can enforce kids having phones.

It is not allowed to Use phones, you can have a phone on u.

EgN moments:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:29 pm 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:160181792
Lol I didn’t I have my own phone til beginning of sophomore year. Kids can still learn without the phones and they still have computers in school as well. Most of them just need to learn not to be a brat and listen to an adult.

Ignorance is bliss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:46 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29867757
Sly wrote:
Birthstone wrote:

It is not allowed to Use phones, you can have a phone on u.

Yea that's fine then, it only becomes a problem when you prohibit students from having phones, as students need to have access to phones due to family emergencies (like sick family members, etc.)

There's literally no reason I can think of for a student to use a phone in class that will help their education.
"all tees all tees" -everyone

SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL. NAVCOM LOCKED. ANIME SPOTTED. GOLIATH ONLINE.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2