New Topic Post Reply  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:01 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85176484
So at Emmanuel Macron's election campaign he spoke about he would ban the mobile phones. And now it is going to be a reality. From september 2018 there will be a zero policy about mobile phones. They may not even use it during their brakes!

Quote:
The French headteachers’ union was skeptical that the ban could be enforced.
And so am i. This ban may cause furious children, parents and teachers. It seems like to me that they are going to be way more strict and that might not be a good thing for the youngsters at the age of 7-15. The psycologic transition at that state says they are very curious and are about to develope alot of things. At the year of 7 they start slowly to discover their feelings and without the control yet it could get very bad for the pupils in general. The phone is a part of the network you are going to make when you get older. It starts there.

If they use the phone during the school, it will be taken away and handed back when the day is over. That means if every pupil is going to use their phone during the day which might happen. Then the principal might have a tough time giving the right phone back to the right pupil.

What are your thoughts on the banning?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/11/france-to-ban-mobile-phones-in-schools-from-september

EgN moments:

Spoiler: Show

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:13 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
They were pretty much banned before this anyway, you wernt allowed to use them in class same as here in canada. Not much will change the ppl who use em will use em and the teachers that bust em will bust em. Really not news tbh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:14 am 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47477194
I'm for it, many schools in Aussie land do it quite a bit, including my school. They are lenient with the year 12's though cause we older. But I'm fine with it tbh.
<3 peace be with y'all EgN beauties and remember Why So Serious about life? Live while you can. :)

"If someone wants to fist me..." - Mr.GoldGames
"Calm Down Snapchat" - Everyone
Debuted Roast King!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:00 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Mr. Simplistic wrote:
They were pretty much banned before this anyway, you wernt allowed to use them in class same as here in canada. Not much will change the ppl who use em will use em and the teachers that bust em will bust em. Really not news tbh

The ban was not completely. and were only in some schools. possibly private schools. Now its all 5.300 schools across the country. So the effect of it is way bigger now. I have a feeling it might disrupt the learning process with all the you can't do this and that

EgN moments:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:31 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24921937
Why do you need a cell phone for the learning process? I went to school before and right as cell phones took off. You don’t need them in class at all. They should have areas in classrooms where students check in cellphones and get them back after class is over in every class room.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:32 am 
EgN Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:48892477
I still have yet to ever use a cell phone, so it wouldn't effect me much if I were still in school xD *and in France*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:59 am 
EgN Member
Legend
ajescorcia025 wrote:
Why do you need a cell phone for the learning process? I went to school before and right as cell phones took off. You don’t need them in class at all. They should have areas in classrooms where students check in cellphones and get them back after class is over in every class room.

its not that without the phone it destroys the learning process. its the natural way of devopling ur mind that can be affected by it.
Im not stating a fact im just saying what could happen :)

EgN moments:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:09 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
I heard that they were doing this, and I think it's a bit over-doing it much restricting it to use their mobile phones in their breaks and lunch which if I'm not mistaken, is their own time. I understand not using it in class or having it in class considering it disturbs you and others from learning, but I do undersand the concept of this.

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:23 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45881423
Sly wrote:
Mr. Simplistic wrote:

The ban was not completely. and were only in some schools. possibly private schools. Now its all 5.300 schools across the country. So the effect of it is way bigger now. I have a feeling it might disrupt the learning process with all the you can't do this and that

This new law bans them from being used at all in school, which seems pointless as there was already a law saying they couldn't be used while teaching was happening. Not talking about private schools, talking bout public ones just like in canada.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:24 am 
EgN Member
Legend
I dont believe there was a law in france about that, can be mistaken

EgN moments: