New Topic Locked  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:39 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:420585158
In all honesty I think he is an entitled spoiled brat who hides behind CNN/MSNBC and hides behind his age. When he gets called out, all he has to reply with is "I can't believe adults believe in the 2nd amendment" or "I can't believe these people are bullying kids". Banning guns does nothing but make the world more dangerous.

Social 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:54 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
I do not fault David Hogg nearly as much as I fault the media. He is just a kid (one who has survived tragedy). When you're a kid, you have no idea what its like to be a citizen... so I don't expect someone who's barely old enough to vote and not even old enough to drink or carry a handgun, to have the insight of the types of policies he is proposing. He is not off-the-hook, however.

The tactics being used by the media is absolutely despicable. They have a, "he is a survivor of a tragedy, so you must listen to everything he says and you are not allowed to disagree with him"-type ideology. He is a public figure and proposing legislature that would affect everyone, so for that, he can be criticized...

... Not only do we have the right to criticize him, but we have the MORAL OBLIGATION to criticize this person. Some people left-of-the-spectrum only understand you when you speak in moral terms... Just like when they basically say that thinking a certain way makes you a bad person, we also have to speak in terms of morals so that they understand. Whenever I debate someone, I use this same tactic against them.

This is what the media does. They hide behind survivors of tragedies and say, "Everything we say is correct and you're not allowed to argue with it, because if you do, you have blood on your hands." I believe I heard David Hogg equate Gov. Rick Scott to being akin of CHILD MURDER? That is disgusting... absolutely disgusting. This is an old tactic.

You don't have to be racist, you don't have to be sexist, all you have to do is disagree and you will be charged you with killing babies.
Snapchat: Rozavelt

Last edited by Uchies on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:56 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40615045
He's exactly that, a kid. Why the news would even entertain his trauma driven viewpoints is beyond me, just seems irresponsible.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:05 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29867757
He's a kid who experienced a tragedy and is now receiving death threats and being mocked by people who disagree with his opinions. He's also doing more for what he believes in than anyone in this thread is. I hope he gets to live a normal life.
"all tees all tees" -everyone

SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL. NAVCOM LOCKED. ANIME SPOTTED. GOLIATH ONLINE.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:43 pm 
EgN Member
Birthstone wrote:
He's a kid who experienced a tragedy and is now receiving death threats and being mocked by people who disagree with his opinions. He's also doing more for what he believes in than anyone in this thread is. I hope he gets to live a normal life.

And he's taking shots at other kids w/ different opinions who took part in the same tragedy, who also received death threats and were mocked. Seems like he's doing a lot worse for what he believes in than anyone in this thread imo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:44 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Young Lean wrote:
And he's taking shots at other kids w/ different opinions who took part in the same tragedy, who also received death threats and were mocked. Seems like he's doing a lot worse for what he believes in than anyone in this thread imo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He's criticizing them. Not mocking or sending them death threats. You know those two situations are entirely different, so why post?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:02 pm 
EgN Member
Birthstone wrote:
Young Lean wrote:

He's criticizing them. Not mocking or sending them death threats. You know those two situations are entirely different, so why post?

Of course, I'm not saying he's mocking or sending death threats, but his behavior in the spotlight has been pretty questionable. A direct quote, "Pathetic fucks that wanna keep killing our children, they could have blood of children spattered across their faces and wouldnt take action, because all they see is dollar signs". I get it, he's emotionally traumatized from the situation, but what will his over provocative actions do rather than garner hate from opposition.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:07 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21855300
when you book twenty different shows on news outlets and call people baby-killers, you are allowed to be criticized. you cannot debate someone like this, because calling someone a child-murderer does not start a discussion, it ends it... and if you expect to propose U.S. legislature and expect not to be criticized, think again.
Snapchat: Rozavelt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:19 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:420585158
He didn't even experience it. He's a liar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37zoQLgqEy0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:19 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Young Lean wrote:
A direct quote, "Pathetic fucks that wanna keep killing our children, they could have blood of children spattered across their faces and wouldnt take action, because all they see is dollar signs"

This quote is 100% correct.

Young Lean wrote:
I get it, he's emotionally traumatized from the situation, but what will his over provocative actions do rather than garner hate from opposition

Inform people. Motivate people. It does what literally every activist movement strives to achieve.

New Topic Locked  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next