New Topic Post Reply  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: TAX REFORM SIGNED
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:10 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:28361272
President Trump signed the Most waited on bill of the year.
The TAX cut bill.
He signed it before Christmas as promised, and according to the bill
people who make 70k or less a year will see NO TAXES removed from their checks.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/22/politics/ ... index.html
http://characters.wikia.com/wiki/File:SweetTooth_Head-On.jpg

Social 
 Post subject: Re: TAX REFORM SIGNED
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:29 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382
Nice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:34 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:2416971
I'm almost positive this was disproven. I will look for the statistics, but this is liberal media spitting on something that the American people need; a FUCKING TAX BREAK.

Many people haven't read the bill. That needs to change dramatically to raise AWARENESS of what is actually going on.

I am not fond of the Republican party or the Democratic party, but I strongly believe in less government and this is a step towards that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:27 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24921937
Trickle down economics didn't work for Bush II, who started his presidency with Clinton's surplus and ended in the big hole we are in. And it sure didn't work for Reagan. Third time is not the charm.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:08 am 
EgN Member
ajescorcia025 wrote:
Trickle down economics didn't work for Bush II, who started his presidency with Clinton's surplus and ended in the big hole we are in. And it sure didn't work for Reagan. Third time is not the charm.

It's not even trickle down. But what do I know?
I only work in DC doing analysis/research of politics.......

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:18 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:13132239
Sweettooth wrote:
people who make 70k or less a year will see NO TAXES removed from their checks.

Uhhhhhh, yes they will......

Not sure where you got that number from, but yes, everyone has to pay taxes. The breakdown of the tax rates for each bracket are in the tax bill. The rates certainly have changed to where lower incomes will pay less in taxes, but they still have to pay nonetheless.

The big reason this bill is being shit on is the fact that the new income taxes rates will expire December 31, 2025 but corporate tax rates are permanent. Therefore your taxes will be right back where they were as of a couple days ago. Big corporations made out like a bandit with this tax bill. There's also the repeal of the healthcare mandate that required everyone to have insurance. Other changes that this bill affected, whether you deem good or bad, are the amount of taxed contributions to college funds, health savings accounts, and your standard deduction rates. There's also the fact that this bill will add another $1.5 trillion to our deficit. All in all, Republicans could have done a lot better with this bill since they've been shitting on Democrats for the past 8 years. Just my 2 cents....

But yeah, give the bill a read if you're bored

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:33 am 
EgN Member
SpazzO wrote:
ajescorcia025 wrote:

I mean I've interned in DC for four years and have a degree in political science since we are waving around reasons why we are right....

One of the biggest sells of this floptastic bill is that by lowering the corporate taxe rate that companies will move jobs and offshore money back into the country and reinvest it and bring back jobs. Highly doubt that'll happen.

It's not like this president has focused on saving a dying industry like coal since the market has deemed coal dirty and obselete for renewables and natural gas....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:48 pm 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
Damn.... I don't know what to say. I guess we shall wait for SpazzO to tell us if it's real or not, if he can find that out of course :)
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

Spoiler: Show

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:51 pm 
EgN Member
ajescorcia025 wrote:
SpazzO wrote:
ajescorcia025 wrote:

I mean I've interned in DC for four years and have a degree in political science since we are waving around reasons why we are right....

One of the biggest sells of this floptastic bill is that by lowering the corporate taxe rate that companies will move jobs and offshore money back into the country and reinvest it and bring back jobs. Highly doubt that'll happen.

It's not like this president has focused on saving a dying industry like coal since the market has deemed coal dirty and obselete for renewables and natural gas....

Not about being right, it is about the benefit to millions, but believe what you will.
Yes, the corporate tax rate is being cut, but this leaves room for companies to reinvest, grow, scale, and expand; which ultimately does lead to more jobs. If you believe corporations don't want to expand and growth, REGARDLESS of size they are now, that is a naive assumption.

However, I do see what you are saying. It is really just the test of time. We live in a totally different economic/technological age.
If anything, this bill helps families more than anything.

If I were to be worried about anything, it would be the stock market crashing soon. It is bubbling hard af...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:13 pm 
EgN Member
SpazzO wrote:
ajescorcia025 wrote:
SpazzO wrote:
ajescorcia025 wrote:

Not about being right, it is about the benefit to millions, but believe what you will.
Yes, the corporate tax rate is being cut, but this leaves room for companies to reinvest, grow, scale, and expand; which ultimately does lead to more jobs. If you believe corporations don't want to expand and growth, REGARDLESS of size they are now, that is a naive assumption.

However, I do see what you are saying. It is really just the test of time. We live in a totally different economic/technological age.
If anything, this bill helps families more than anything.

If I were to be worried about anything, it would be the stock market crashing soon. It is bubbling hard af...

Most of the analysts I've heard say that there is zero drive for companies to reinvest their savings. Its been done before and the "job creators" didn't do any "job creating." The savings will go to the big shareholders while they buy back stock.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next