Register
Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:58 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:177980773
A mother and a daughter had been denied to enter the flight all because of their luggage was half an inch more than the required size. Half an inch... couldn't they have just let them go, just let them enjoy their holiday or what not?

The mother and daughter had spent 14 hours in this airport trying to sort all this stuff out, and her daughter had to sleep on the airport floor because she was tired. Why make a child lie on the floor when she could have had a comfortable place to sleep on the plane?

The extra fee for having an over sized luggage was £50 but then the mother had put some of her daughter's clothes in her suitcase which then made the fee raise to £100? How does this make sense?

They couldn't afford the baggage fee until the next day when the mother would be paid that day, and yet they had to wait to afford, and maybe even have to buy a new plane ticket to get on the time of the new plane arrival.

Quote from the mother:

Quote:
'It was horrendous. We tried to be positive, but there were no spare seats in the airport and the floor we slept on was rock hard and freezing cold.
'It made no sense. We've used these bags as carry-on for the last four years. I didn't have the money in my account because I was getting paid the following morning.
'It wasn't just the fact they wouldn't work with me, it was that there was no compassion. It was terrible and really traumatic for my daughter.'

Here's a little quote from the article:

Quote:
Ms Alston, from Levenshulme, said she tried to reason with staff - offering to leave their luggage at Manchester Airport on arrival until she could pay the fee. But she was told that was not possible.

Is this some sort of joke? How ridiculous is this? If I was one of the staff, I would have let them through, half an inch over sized is literally nothing and why make so much fuss over a tiny issue that could be just forgotten and to let them through?

Source Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... e-big.html

*DEAD* EgN|s BEST ADMIN TITTYSPRINKLES: i thought today was rulebreaking day my bad :-(
*DEAD* EgN| Terminator #Fishy Guy: yup, ma dick to long :)

Social 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:50 am 
Staff
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:221617357
I do understand why they rejected them as if they let them in, everyone that has measurements of "half an inch" over the limit will expect to go in.

What I do not understand was moving some clothes to the other suitcase to balance the weight and all, why shouldn't that be allowed? The staff were probably being dicks.
BRITNEY SPEARS killed <>< with knife.

Spoiler: Show

1. Join EgN [ X ]
2. Become a Recruit [ X ]
3. Become an EgN Member [ X ]
4. Become a Admin [ X ]
5. Become an Elite [ X ]
6. Become a Veteran [ X ]
7. Become a part of Events Team [ X ]
8. Become a Manager [ ]
9. Become a Staff [ X ]
10. Become an Advisor [ ]
11. Become the next EgN Leader! [ ]

EgN| Mr Geeza™ : Why do I always get you and sinister mixed up lol sorry xD
EgN-S| Phillip: Cause you a racist

Jafari asks the wall: What is the meaning of life?
The wall responds with: Kill yourself. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN
EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I asked for a demotion, where's my demotion at?
1 month later....
The following people have been recognised for their service to the community:

Veteran to Staff
Mr.GoldGames

EgN-S| Mr.GoldGames: I ask for a demotion but I got a promotion instead? Life sucks sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:17 am 
EgN Member
Elite
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:147071666
Central wrote:
The extra fee for having an over sized luggage was £50 but then the mother had put some of her daughter's clothes in her suitcase which then made the fee raise to £100? How does this make sense?

Quote:
But Malaika was stopped, had her bag measured, and was told the case was 0.7inch (2 cm) too deep, and they'd have to pay £50 to put it in the hold.

Ms Alston couldn't afford the £50 fee before pay day the next day, so started putting her daughter's items into her own case instead.

But another member of staff then stepped in and said her bag was too big as well, and they would have to pay £100 to put it in the hold.

Bag 1 = £50
Bag 2 = £50

Bag 1 + Bag 2 = £100

Simple Geometry

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]