Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:08 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
professorlonghair wrote:
Needy wrote:
maybe, but i just wanna talk about tunnels

The tunnels are dumb and are the least efficient way to move the people.

Just like how Elon Musk's idea to use a submarine to save the soccer players that were trapped in that Thailand cave was dumb and useless.

People have said it again, and again, it's a proof of concept.

But a fully automated tunnel system will more than likely be the most realistic and suitable way of resolving traffic (this is primarily for Los Angeles have in mind). Los Angeles doesn't have a subway system because LA has more square miles than any large city, LA is earthquake prone, and subways are way more expensive to construct for its convenience. Yes, they're both underground systems and yes they both bypass congestion but they don't nearly relate efficiently. Simple said, no fixed schedule / routes, higher speeds, for CARS not just subways, cost-efficient, and considering the starting (and more than likely long-term) will be for Tesla Motors, it's self-driving, similar to the subway system yet again, more efficient.

You seem to have more of a hatred towards Musk himself without even taking into account that this is a much more efficient tunnel system considering your previous post.

Don't get me wrong, there are many faulty logistics to the project itself but it doesn't compare to U.S. subway systems.
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

Social 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:49 pm 
EgN Member
Needy wrote:
a fully automated tunnel system will more than likely be the most realistic and suitable way of resolving traffic

Where did you get that information from? There is no where in your 3 videos do they talk about the tunnels being automated. I don't know what automation you're talking about. The CNBC video you shared shows the alignment wheels and how not automated it really is.

Needy wrote:
Los Angeles doesn't have a subway system because LA has more square miles than any large city

In the first four minutes of your Ted talk video, Musk describes a $2 billion expansion to the LA subway system that was 2.5 miles long. Here's a map of the LA subway system you said "doesn't exit".

The rest of your argument ignores the fact that tunnels for cars are more expensive to build than train tunnels, and that trains move more people per hour than cars EVER could so, I will post the source material again for your reading pleasure.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:20 pm 
EgN Member
Needy wrote:
it's a proof of concept.

Let me make a follow up post to explain. The Boring Company is not a proof of concept. A proof of concept is what Uber did in San Fransisco. Uber released their service in San Fransisco and showed it could provide a service accomplishing its mission statement, compete in the marketplace, and make money while doing it. It wasn't until after achieving success in San Fransisco could Uber prove their concept, expand, and take it to other cities to make money in Seattle, Washington DC, Chicago...viola.

What the Boring Company has now is nothing. All the facts, data and numbers we have from all other transportation projects show that these tunnels are more expensive, less efficient, and no body really wants them in the first place. So, who cares?

Elon Musk has actually got some shit done with SpaceX. Landing and being able to reuse a stage 1 rocket booster is a big milestone for humans. Imagine how expensive it would be if United Airlines could only use the plane to fly you to overseas once. The Falcon Heavy took it to another level by landing two stage 1 rockets from the SAME LAUNCH. That's the kind of stuff we could be excited and talking about. Fuck these dumb ass tunnels.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:40 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12238457
I think they're a good idea. Think of London, we have the Underground here. It's £4.90 to £6.00 for an all day ticket to ride it. It's pretty uncomfortable, you're packed like sardines, somebody is usually standing on your foot or breathing down your neck. If there's five of you using it, you could be looking at like £25 in total for a journey that would cost you only a fraction of that in petrol if the five of you just drove it. But the traffic is so bad in London that it's a running joke nobody drives there.

A tunnel for me to take my car through would be more cost effective for me with the added comfort of not having to leave my car, and the convenience of not having to ride a train. Sucks for the environment now but we'll all be driving electric by 2030 anyway.

Edit: Trains suck altogether actually. I just looked up how long the journey from Birmingham to London is. It's between 115 and 125 miles, which is about a third of a tank in my car and will cost me about £15 tops to drive there. If I catch a train tomorrow at 8:30am to do the same journey, I am looking at £26 and I will arrive at my destination five minutes later than if I drove there. Imagine if me and a few friends were taking this journey. We'd get fucking sieved just for using public transport.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:21 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:168005072
Shit that would be a lil bit cool if people could drive underground. I guess that's more realistic than flying cars.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:17 am 
EgN Member
^^^^^^^^^^ ?????

What did Chaos Boss mean by this? People have been driving in tunnels (which are underground) for decades.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2