Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: RED Camera Series
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:45 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
im just obsessed with anything shot in 4k plus (e.g like 8k) pls someone buy me a red camera or more realistically a Canon EOS‑1D X Mark II

To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

Social 
 Post subject: Re: RED Camera Series
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:00 pm 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22218476
Most of the beauty in these videos comes from the lenses, directing, and colors. RED cameras are great don’t get me wrong but there is a lot more going on than just pixel resolution. It’s really easy to take shitty images with a Helium. Just until this year the 2.5k Arri Alexa was industry standard, and RED has had a 4K camera dating back to the RED One in 2007. The Alexa Classic was released in 2010. They had to compete with RED taking over the 35mm film world, but then totally blew it out of the water. Why? Because their colors were better, cameras were bulletproof and much more flexible. DP/director will always choose camera based on color science first, dynamic range and sensor size second, flexibility third and resolution last. The glass they use can sometimes rival the cost of the camera by several times.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:16 pm 
EgN Member
Basically what I’m trying to say is looking at these videos you aren’t looking at the camera, you are looking at the lenses, color grade, and directing and the camera was just a capture tool and is a very limited role.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:02 am 
EgN Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:01 pm 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:150625838
koolaid wrote:
Most of the beauty in these videos comes from the lenses, directing, and colors. RED cameras are great don’t get me wrong but there is a lot more going on than just pixel resolution. It’s really easy to take shitty images with a Helium. Just until this year the 2.5k Arri Alexa was industry standard, and RED has had a 4K camera dating back to the RED One in 2007. The Alexa Classic was released in 2010. They had to compete with RED taking over the 35mm film world, but then totally blew it out of the water. Why? Because their colors were better, cameras were bulletproof and much more flexible. DP/director will always choose camera based on color science first, dynamic range and sensor size second, flexibility third and resolution last. The glass they use can sometimes rival the cost of the camera by several times.

Oh most definitely, I only say #goRED for vogue, but realistically for the price I would more than likely go for a high-quality DSLR any day. REDs have their perks but when it comes to any video format it has some huge disadvantages to it. But in retrospect REDs are ahead of their game; of course, wouldn't mind owning one lowkey for bragging rights but really just to toil with. But no, yea, absolutely agree. Basically anyone who can tell a narrative through their composition, framework, and more importantly their subject, is a real photographer, moderately. Any(photographer)one who holds one camera against another in terms of quality doesn't actually look through the viewfinder (metaphorically speaking).

But anyways, hitting different aspects of film on my part, tl;dr most definitely agreed
To all the the ladies, peace, and humptiness.

ask me about film, novels, fashion, cinematography, and/or music & you'll have my ear for hours

Doldol 🐾: I'm a Hyper Nova
Doldol 🐾: Kharn can be a
Doldol 🐾: Super Massive Black Hole
EgN-S| Needy: lmao
Doldol 🐾: xD
EgN-S| Needy: dude idk why, but i thought you were going to say super massive black cocc
Doldol 🐾: You can be a
Doldol 🐾: LOL
Doldol 🐾: nono thatd then be micro astroid
Doldol 🐾: or so ive heard
EgN-S| Needy: Like he's just one big degenerate penus
Doldol 🐾: ROFL
Doldol 🐾: IK
Doldol 🐾: xd

her favourite colour was yellow

Smiley: yes, I have a job now so I can be the breadwinner of the household and you can just relax to Rex all day :)

life goals
[  ] become legend before mootinie
[  ] get 10,000 post before mutiny
[  ] marry smiley

Tricky: i don't think any of the staff+ are here to slap their e-penis on you

New Topic Post Reply  [ 5 posts ]