Register
Login 

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:33 pm 
EgN Member
Veteran
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:4949658
Hey so I have a school given Chromebook. Problem is, its all controlled by the administrator. Which is probably our tech department. I know this might seem weird but is there like a way I can get rid of the administrator that you know works? I know im suppose to trust my school and stuff and why would I ever want to break the rule of no tampering with the Chromebook since technically the school owns it, but guys I can't even download anything from the chrome store (i.e themes, extensions, or games). Every time I try it comes up with a message saying its blocked by the administrator.

I hope Doldol sees this cus he is really tec savy. But if not can you guys * who actually know what they are talking about or can provide links that they know that work* help me out?

Thanks- smiley

(p.s Yes i have tried googling it but i need something that for sure will work cus my friend already tried to fck with her Chromebook and they found out..... its worth taking the risk for tho.... please help )
Needy/Wanty is the best person alive tbh

Life goals:
[ ] get a dog
[ ] get a house
[ ] marry Needy/Wanty
[ ] live with Needy/Wanty, with dog, in house.

Social 
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:24 pm 
EgN Member
Elder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:51872560
they will find out and you will get in trouble even if you do figure it out, unless some deep net techie does some 0 day on it that removes admin.
its not worth it.
12/26 12:20AM - I took off my alt tab bind

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:35 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
Only real alternative is booting another OS from a USB stick / external drive
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:49 pm 
Community Leader
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:84775876
Location: l: 179° 56′ 39.4″, b: +0° 2′ 46.2″, d: 7,940 ± 420 parsecs, from Via Lactea galactic center.
It all really depends on what you need to keep from the Chromebook.

But you can't keep the current install/settings and access to things without fully resetting/avoiding the current OS.
Tbh dono what games you'd run though, Chomebooks have the least powerful chips possible in them, some even don't support desktop apps at all.

I'd just not use the Chromebook.
Been there, done that. No regrets, never give up on what's important. Prioritize. Happiness is all that matters.
I really like meowers but can't own any for the time being. Image

Software Developer with a fondness for Python & UE4.
🐱‍👤

ImageImageImage
Interested in Star Citizen? - Use STAR-PZ6J-4C62 and get us both some cool extras :3

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:23 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:199039976
Like doldol said, get a OS(Operating System) are you able to get into bios or anything? did the operator block that too? Or password lock it? I don't know much about mac's as no one really brings mac's into my computer repair thing. Mac's are sort of dumb tho. It isn't hard to install a OS but if you don't know what your doing look up stuff about it on youtube.
Snapchat:Johnday9875
Instagram:John_Day_            
I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me -Wreck It Ralph:)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:29 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22218476
Chromebook is essentially a browser-pad. Why would you risk getting caught tampering with something that can't even do much other than browse the web and basic administrative tasks?

Risk vs reward

You can buy a laptop for like 50 bucks that will run games from the early 2000s

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:45 am 
Community Member
Legend
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72199061
I’ve been using a school Chromebook for five years and know how they work and how the school probably has it set up.

You won’t be able to do shit to it, the school more than likely blocked every way to mess with it for the entire domain and most settings that would allow you to change stuff are probably hard disabled. Even if you were to find a way to do someting, you would still be flagged and caught. Don’t use any proxy websites that allow you to unblock stuff either cause that will also flag you. The administrator can also take remote access of your device at any time and also has logs of every single keypress you do (these usually aren’t used unless you get flagged for something else or you get caught doing something else). The booting another OS probably won’t work and it could brick the laptop all together, it IS possible but it will take a lot of work and would be very risky for little reward. You wouldn’t be able to run anything simply because the specs are too shitty anyways.

Here are your best and safest bets for a workaround:
- Find sites that aren’t blocked and pretty much function like another site (You won’t get in trouble it just may get blocked) I have seen people find these for Netflix, Youtube, Spotify etc.
- For browser games try to find a google sites that is hosting the game, you usually can find these easy by typing the name and then “google sites” or “unblocked” after. Google sites NEVER fails from what I’ve seen because yor school can’t/won’t block google sites.
- You can download music and videos onto a USB from a home computer or put them on Google Drive, not very useful but works
- You can also view the cached version of the site, not very useful but can be used to simply read something on a site thats blocked (I’ve never seen someone caught for this even though its technically unblocking.
- DONT use Google Advanced Search, it might unblock everything but you WILL get caught and will get in trouble if it is something the school doesn’t like.

It’s a lot to read but probably the most useful and reliable information you will get.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:04 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:73025945
There's definitely a way to get in to some kind of console and dual boot it, but it's very finnicky and there's only like 1 wierd strain of linux you can get running on it and even when you do the way that it works is that both OSes are running at the same time and you switch back and forth with a stupid key combo thats super stupid so you don't accidentally press it. Also the linux strain can barely do anything.
I know this because my only laptop used to be a chromebook but half of the fun of it was figuring out how to get the other stuff running in the first place

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:43 am 
EgN Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:9180382
I used a school Chromebook for 2 years and found out how to crack it real fast. I factory reset it, added my own account, then added my school account. My own account was completely unrestricted, but the school account was. So during class I’d do my work on my school account, and listen to Spotify on my private account. Idk if they’ve updated it or anything so you can’t do it but it’s worth a try. If it doesn’t work all you gotta do is sign into your school account and it’s back to what it was. And if it does work, at the end of the school year, just reset it again and sign into your school account and it’s like your private account wasn’t there! I did the same with the Android tablet they gave us too.

New Topic Post Reply  [ 9 posts ]